1 2 3 4
warpedredneck
warpedredneck New Reader
12/30/11 6:30 p.m.

this one takes some time our shop prankster every 2-3 weeks the uniform guy came in, i would have the pransters pants taken in on the waist 1/2 inch we watched as his lunches started to contain more salads/cottage cheese diet type crap, after 7 or 8 weeks of this i had them start making the waists larger 1/2 inch every 2 or 3 weeks i got them 2inches larger than where they started he completely lost his mind and totally blew a gasket on me, he would have never figured it out either a new uniform guy asked him if he had some medical condition due to the alterations?

donalson
donalson SuperDork
12/30/11 6:37 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
griffin729 wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: On a windows machine, use control+alt+arrow key to rotate the display. Freaks people out.
I am so doing this tomorrow at work. Thank you!
I tried this. No workie on mine.

along with it not working on all machines it needs to be enabled/turned on to work...

Uncoiled
Uncoiled New Reader
12/30/11 7:18 p.m.

Caramel covered... onion, looks just like an apple but boy it doesn't taste the same. Saw it on funniest home videos and had to try, for best results, have a contest for fastest to finish the caramel apples, and throw one or two onions in, they get a few big bites before they realize it.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
12/31/11 8:31 a.m.
donalson wrote:
Conquest351 wrote:
griffin729 wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: On a windows machine, use control+alt+arrow key to rotate the display. Freaks people out.
I am so doing this tomorrow at work. Thank you!
I tried this. No workie on mine.
along with it not working on all machines it needs to be enabled/turned on to work...

I tried and one of the computers at work it worked on. That was enough for the boss to just about call tech support while I was out on a delivery.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
12/31/11 8:42 a.m.

yrs and yrs ago ( think first gas crisis ... mid/early 70's) a friend had a vw beetle ... gas tank accessible by lifting the hood... every day we added upwards to 1 gal of gas ... the bragging about his gas milage was quite funny ... his tank never seemed to empty ... he really got to be a bit annoying ..... then we started siphoning gas out each day .... never heard a word out of him ... after he got the car out of the shop getting it tuned up ($$$) we finally told him... don't think he's forgiven all of us yet

MarkZ28
MarkZ28 New Reader
1/2/12 10:58 p.m.

Haha I have a few car related.

The wheel weights on the inside rim works well. Stuffed a bunch of rags and paper in a mid 80's Firebird air cleaner so that it had enough airflow to run fine at idle but die at upper rpms as well as pouring oil into the muffler works well. Had the guy call the shop(his was in college in the automotive program) wondering what was wrong with his car, it had no power and was smoking real bad. Told him to come back and we "checked" the car out. He wasnt amused to see the stuff in the air cleaner, lol. Dont think he ever figured out it was us.

The usual grease under the handles and on the exhaust did well.

Had one trick that was kind of dangerous so dont try this at home. Get a metal can like a paint thinner can, small about a liter size or so, use a flammable gas like oxy/acetyline or propane, fill up can with gas, rtv a spark plug in hole where cap screws on, place on metal frame or whatever under hood and place spark plug wire on plug. When its cranked it makes a horrendous loud boom.

Swap plug wires around, works best with older vehicles of course.

Run a coil wire to the metal frame of a bench seat or bucket seat if possible, will get a nice jolt on the but or legs. Never tried this but was told it works.

Pour oil down arb on a car that sits a while, everytime they person parks it pour the oil in the carb. Had one guy think his 326 Pontiac was blown after doing that a few times. Was even looking for another engine, lol. We fessed up before he got that far though.

In college I was on the parking lot side of the dorms. I knew the people that we did this to. I would call them at all times of the night and in disguised voice say I am so sorry but I backed into your car and broke your tail lights out or similar. Then told them Id be out by their car to talk with them and get insurance stuff done. Of course Id be watching from the window of the room watching guys in their robes or whatever looking over their cars in detail looking for the "damage" and cussing. Never did fess up to any of them, lol.

Had a couple old cars that I had a James Bond smokescreen hooked up to. Id use an old windsheild washer resevoir and pump filled with atf(smoked the best) and a small hose ran to right above the carb throat or tbi throat. When I pushed the windsheild washer button it would dump atf into the engine and make a thick white cloud of smelly stinky smoke. Bad enough that people behind me had to stop or had to turn on their lights to get through. Never had tailgators back behind me for very long either, lol.

Zip tieing the driveshafts with long zip ties works well from what I have heard. Raw shrimp in air conditioners in buildings works, lol.

Smearing stinky cheese in radiators makes the car smell horrible after warming up.

Tieing assorted objects under car with strings is fun to, when they drive off they hear all kinds of noise.

On older cars replace the coil wire with a piece of rubber hose, looks like a wire but is only a nonconductive rubber hose, lol.

More but this is too long allready.

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 New Reader
1/2/12 11:33 p.m.

Not really a prank but started out that way. We put a remaned 460 in a customers Galaxy 500 (what he wanted...) A month later he came in complaining of a noisy engine and no oil pressure. Upon trouble shooting, we discovered somebody had dumped what appeared to be valve lapping compound down the oil breather hole (some was still stuck to the cap/breather). We told him about it...turns out it was one of his drinking buddies that did it as a prank

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/9/12 6:08 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Hungary Bill wrote: Hook their car alarm siren to the brake lights
I've done this before... but hooked the horn to the brakes.
Add the dome light in there and you have a REAL party. Not that i'd know about that or anything. Also- put a piece of bicycle innertube over the end of someone exhaust tip. The noise is HILARIOUS.

I might have to try the innertube thing on my buddy's Hyundai....the dome light/brake/horn trick is sooo funny.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/6/13 3:08 p.m.

Resurrection:

http://thechive.com/2013/02/06/the-ol-baking-soda-into-the-ketchup-bottle-prank-6-photos/

Basically turn a ketchup bottle into a baking soda volcano. Might be a little dangerous.

FFRY
FFRY New Reader
2/6/13 4:43 p.m.

Got a friend you love to piss off???

Make a Craigslist add giving something away for free, leave the victims phone number and watch them get called at all hours of the day from people wondering if the item is still there for pick up.

The better the item, the more calls the victim gets.

Last time I did this prank, I made a post in the "boats" classified section stating that:

"I have 60 gallons of new/unused hull paint that I need out of my garage NOW. I need to make room in the garage for the new Harley. Call me to arrange for a pick up. I need this out NOW!"

I left a co-workers cell number and witnessed the chaos first hand... I stopped counting after the 100th call. He still doesn't know that I started the whole thing.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
2/6/13 4:48 p.m.

I worked with a schmuck who was asking for it for various reasons. One day he commented that the only joy he had anymore was listening to his favorite home town radio station online via his work computer. So as soon as he left for the night I fired up his work computer and disabled the sound card in the BIOS. I also slowed down his BUS speed and underclocked his processor. The next day was fantastic. He ended up reinstalling XP twice to "fix it" and getting yelled at by our boss for wasting time. No matter what he tried the sound never worked again and it took forever for him to open programs.

I used to write protect the floppy discs in our typing class at school. Somebody would spend all class working and go to save their work. Denied.

Enyar
Enyar Reader
2/6/13 5:11 p.m.

Couple good office pranks that my coworker has pulled lately:

Found a very official looking Xerox flyer saying the copier has been updated to accept voice commands. Pretty hilarious hearing partners shout "print" and "copy" to see if it works.

Made official bathroom out of order signs and placed them in all the stalls/urinals which instructed people in our office to use the bathroom on the 15th or 17th floor (we are 16). One of the new staff decided to take the stairs not realizing once you enter the stairwell all the doors are locked. She had to walk all the way down to the first floor and take the elevator back up.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/6/13 5:21 p.m.
Enyar wrote: Made official bathroom out of order signs and placed them in all the stalls/urinals which instructed people in our office to use the bathroom on the 15th or 17th floor (we are 16). One of the new staff decided to take the stairs not realizing once you enter the stairwell all the doors are locked. She had a heart attack and died between the 7th and 8th floors.

sometimes, keeping it real can go wrong.

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
2/6/13 5:49 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: Sorry guys, it doesn't work on all machines
On older machines, ctrl-alt-arrow isn't bound to screen rotation. Instead, try alt-F4.

Oh you....

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
2/6/13 5:59 p.m.

We had jello for lunch in college. I called a buddy over and told him that another dude at our table had eaten a whole bowl in 9 seconds. He was the type of guy who would always take that challenge. It was red jello. He did not notice the 3/4 empty bottle of tabasco on the table until he'd eaten the whole bowl. That was 16 years ago, and I still can't help but laugh. He got superhuman strength immediately on discovering the prank and lifted me Vader style by one hand up a pillar.

kylini
kylini New Reader
2/6/13 6:15 p.m.

I'm a phenomenally obsessive individual and my coworker knows it. He's done things like unscrew my sharpies and swap colors (beyond just changing the cap), take random squares out of the middle of a roll of my tape, and carefully copy and replace my notes, but now with spelling errors. Needless to say, he's a hoot at driving me nuts.

I have a coffee maker at work, a nice programmable Bunn and it's stashed in the hall on top of our lab's minifridge. Naturally, the first thing I do is set the time to perfectly match the lab clock. A few days later, I notice it's a few minutes slow, so I correct it. A few days after that, it's now about 14 minutes off. I keep correcting the time and worry that the cheap power strip might not be providing the right frequency of electricity or some other B.S. reason for the clock to not work. Then it hits me; I give my coworker a call and ask up front, "I know this sounds crazy, but have you been changing the time on my coffee maker?" Yup! Turns out he'd been alternating setting it forwards and backwards in time. Did it for two weeks too!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/13 6:21 p.m.

I like your coworker, those are excellent.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
2/6/13 7:46 p.m.

Gallon oil or antifreeze jug, cleaned out with an air coupler screwed into the cap.

Hide the jug and the airline above the drop ceiling in the service writer's office.

Turn the air on and run!

The boom is very loud and will bring part of the ceiling down, landing you in the bosses office.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/6/13 7:58 p.m.

asoduk
asoduk New Reader
2/6/13 8:50 p.m.

Good pranks! Here are a few of my favorites: 1. a twist on filling an office with balloons: fill a few with water and put them on seats.

1. cover an office floor in tiny dixie cups with just a bit of water in each one

2. take a blue toilet bowl disk and hide it on a car (behind hubcap, taped somewhere else).

3. if you work near an airport and have a co-worker's keys, move their car to short/long term parking

4. short sheet the bed (works especially well on wife)

5. tape over IR reciever on someone's tv

6. unscrew light bulbs just enough that they stay in socket, but don't light. keep doing this.

7. shut water valve off on toilet after you use it

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/13 9:24 p.m.

I have a friend who was a helicopter pilot serving in Iraq. He sent me an email stating that he found a great deal on a leftover BMW motorcycle at a dealership in New York. He asked if he could have it shipped to my house and store it in my garage until he came home. Of course I agreed.

He also asked that I send him a photo of the bike as soon as it got here.

photo BMW004-1-1.jpg

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/6/13 9:52 p.m.

That is a great shot.

It's the boots, the boots just make it awsomer.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
2/6/13 11:32 p.m.

A good one my dad showed me, probably better now that these are pretty much extinct. Take the old condensers from points ignition system tuneup jobs, charge them CAREFULLY (hold with rubber handle channel locks wrapped in rags) with a pulled plug wire, and leave em around the shop in places that scream "move me".

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
2/7/13 1:46 a.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: A good one my dad showed me, probably better now that these are pretty much extinct. Take the old condensers from points ignition system tuneup jobs, charge them CAREFULLY (hold with rubber handle channel locks wrapped in rags) with a pulled plug wire, and leave em around the shop in places that scream "move me".

I still do this.

Charge it up and toss it towards the shop apprentoid and yell "Catch!"

Works every time.

If you have access to a display battery from a parts store (they're just an empty battery case) walk out of the shop with it, fake a stumble and toss it towards whatever unfortunate person you find.

Shawn

tr8todd
tr8todd Reader
2/7/13 6:43 a.m.

One very cold night I wrapped a coworkers car with two rolls of wet brown paper towels from the men's room. When it was finished, it was as if the car was encased in 1/2" plywood. We got out a 6AM, but it wasn't until 9:30 that he finally got the car open and warmed up enough to drive home. He got me back by putting the roof down on my TR8 in a rainstorm. Another time clamped on an exhaust reducer that reduced all the way down to a 1/2" piece of EMT. Car would start and get to about 10MPH before it would choke and stall. His 15 mile commute home took 2 hours. He didn't figure out what was wrong till later in the day when he had a chance to work on the car. Another time we collected a bunch of cash from guys in the shop to prank this racist pig we worked with. We bought every tacky stick on bolt on car accessory we could find. When he went out to his 78 Corolla in the morning, there was a big palm tree with a Pueto Rican flag in the back window, crome hub caps, tinted windows, etc.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bIyJwK1VWl3Mmf5mJKjsEJVGXCDuVN68Bci2EzMk9tUD51pk56PuUh17nxmyu4MV