1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 161
chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/18/20 7:21 a.m.

Being a rabbit guy I made it my plan to get them all, those Indian LEOs can jump off the cliff though. This was out of one box

if there are two then it's because there is some small (or large) difference

ebelements
ebelements Reader
9/18/20 1:09 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

That Mk1 is such a killer casting. Might have to scour ebay for one or more of my own!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/18/20 1:13 p.m.

Four different countries of manufacture on the white ones, three on the yellow. Then you can get into theSpeed Machines, then the Italian cars, then the French market cars, then the India cars....and you will have been able to buy the nicest Rabbit ever.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
9/18/20 4:03 p.m.

Got bored...

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
9/18/20 6:38 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Love those Hair Splitters/mki.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/18/20 9:50 p.m.

First time the local Walmart has put anything new out in months. I missed the foxbody and ford truck mainlines I wanted but seeing new stuff I had to go dig. 

solfly
solfly Dork
9/19/20 11:55 a.m.

Picked up some matchbox today. Rally 911 green and the Nissan D21 most notably. Hot wheels haven't turned over in months locally.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/19/20 4:56 p.m.

Long post coming; this is my favorite casting. I have all but one version made by Mattel proper. These don't all show up on the Wiki but they ARE all Mattel made. I make the distinction because there are versions of a lot of castings made specifically for you shows or conventions that are  "code 3" so may be made "for" Mattel but not actually. Small distinction but there aren't any of this casting.

First up is the 1/50 scale '70 Dodge A100. There were four versions released, five show on the wikia but one has only been seen for sale twice and only loose so the common thought is that it was a prototype and was not ever released.

These are all available on eBay if you watch all the time, silver was pretty common but the white and red w/flames (not pictured, sorry haven't found it in the boxes yet) and copper were harder. If I remember correctly the white went to KayBee as they were closing so they went to Malaysia or somewhere to be clearanced. The red w/flames was as the series was cancelled and was very short shipped.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/19/20 5:08 p.m.

The 1/64 version:

First released in 2010

Two color ways, there is also a version that has no graphics on the blue one. Two are know I h e one but haven't found it yet.

Next:

This was only available in the box set so was never on the pegs. 

This was fairly common but only from Walmart. There is a version that was misspackaged on the cutlas 442 also, a lot were found - 20 or so.

Haven't found the carded version of this yet but this is from the original Pop Culture run, Ozzy!

This is a fun one, the Hot Wheels Japan convention in 2011 netted these beauties. These were designed by Makato who is a famous pin stripper in The Japan low rider scene. The black version is one of 1500 and the purple one is 1 of 500. Took a long time for me to find one of THOSE to open lol.

This was a mail in from Kmart in 2012 if I recall correctly. Since this was considered a mainline car there is also a version from the factory set.

This is the dinner car from the Nationals In Cincinnati, a stickered meal car and more common without one. 1200 were made.

Pop Culture M&Ms series

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/19/20 5:16 p.m.

Pop Culture Peanuts series

Pop Culture Ralph McQuarry Str Wars series

Pop Culture Marvel series

Pop Culture Spy vs Spy, awesome idea!

Nationals Finale car, 1200 of these were made IIRC

Pop Culture Avengers series

Pop Culture DC series

Pop Culture Walt Disney series

Pop Culture Rick and Morty series( not finding the carded one yet)

there is one more that I haven't purchased yet, about $100 but it's a custom sort of that was sold as a charity car at last years convention.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/19/20 11:11 p.m.
solfly said:

Picked up some matchbox today. Rally 911 green and the Nissan D21 most notably. Hot wheels haven't turned over in months locally.

Where did you find the Rally 911 and D21 Pickup? Haven't seen one of those 911s in awhile?

j_tso
j_tso Reader
9/19/20 11:50 p.m.

Got a Police Z32 300ZX at Target while looking for an FC RX-7

solfly
solfly Dork
9/20/20 5:12 a.m.
dxman92 said:
solfly said:

Where did you find the Rally 911 and D21 Pickup? Haven't seen one of those 911s in awhile?

Walmart

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/20/20 8:32 a.m.

Checked a local Wally World this morning and no D21 or 911 Rally. However I did snag a Hot Wheels 91 yellow Miata and a 69 Mustang RTR.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/20 6:40 p.m.
dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/21/20 7:36 p.m.

My wife finally made me take the pile out of the living room. These are what I've purchased since I ran out of storage space! 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/26/20 7:22 a.m.

Anybody have a spare of one of the Matchbox Rally 85 911s to swap? I can't find one locally. I can throw something back for trade.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
9/26/20 7:30 p.m.

I came across the Hot Wheels ID Audi  R8 at Target: 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/27/20 1:56 a.m.

In reply to dxman92 :

Let me look in my stash.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/28/20 6:20 a.m.

Red finally showed:

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
9/28/20 7:23 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Nice haul there

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
9/28/20 5:40 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Where is this going? 

solfly
solfly Dork
9/28/20 8:00 p.m.

Our blue and white 911 rally was upside down in the package. 3 year old thought it was funny.

j_tso
j_tso Reader
9/28/20 10:07 p.m.

Covid messed up the release of this one

solfly
solfly Dork
9/29/20 3:05 p.m.

I saw one of those but mehd. Should I go back for it?

1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 161

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ipEkUDmYZoMo0iPEcx9SKi2YQesNXYZ354ZABpVYLdhLjOL4w56Vmcj49cadrmDp