1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 161
Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/20 9:22 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

How much for one of them? My kid is dying to have one!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/7/20 11:04 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Should you have to ask? Of course we love to hear/see more. That's half the reason we're here.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/7/20 11:07 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to chandler :

Should you have to ask? Of course we love to hear/see more. That's half the reason we're here.

You asked for it! Lol

I'm sitting in my home office listening to business meetings so now is a good time

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/7/20 11:22 a.m.

Here is a start, some of the stuff in the box I can't remember what the error is. When you are looking at everyone of them you can compare and see the differences right away.

these are obvious, a wrong wheel (spectacular casting), a miss-tampo wheel and a missing windshield

these aren't as easy to see. The Daytona base was misaligned and split when it was riveted. The corvette has an extra window hanging out the pass side and the copo has sticky on the roof. How does that happen?

this group is a wrong wheel, a must-tampo wheel and a misaligned base

this group is a wrong wheel and TWO backwards interiors! This casting is the most frequent backwards interior in my experience, could be because I'm checking them out though

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/7/20 11:36 a.m.

these are mostly from a wrong wheel box the first three are obviously just the wrong wheels. The elmiraj is interesting since it shouldn't have been on the same line as anything with those wheels

found two of these zamac vipers with the same error, it ends up this is a transition piece where the next version had the rear wheels all around so they were prepping the line perhaps. The snoopy has a backwards base

next up I've always studied the special edition cars and lucked out with these crazy sti wheel errors

these are cool; the Thing has pink windows- it's a known variation and was found in the blue and the brown versions. I found two of the blue and one of the brown. The 993 is missing the windows and the Land Rover axle is...

I've never seen that, ever before. One guy showed a pic of one like this on a jeep on one of the Hot Wheels forums and he was accused of faking it; the consensus was that it's impossible because of how they are assembled. I pulled the case off the pallet and put them on the pegs so I know this is not a custom. Anyway...

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/7/20 11:46 a.m.

I'm going to leave it after this one since we could add a few pages with these.

all of these are paint issue, my personal favorite is nekkid errors 

no tampos at all! Excellent!

These are a tampo "shift"(don't usually go for these but this is very pronounced) a nekkid and one that looks like it slid through the press

this is neat, the 911 is just missing the red, the Cuda is double tampo and the Ducati is missing its logos

these are all nekkid. Love them

I fanned them out so you can see what they are supposed to look like

n

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/7/20 12:25 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

I bought two because I thought someone might want one. I'll just give it to ya. laugh

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/7/20 12:29 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

I love the no-tampo cars! Got any mis-packaged stuff? I remember a long time ago I found a blimp on a Ferrari 308 card, still have it. This was before they had fancy card art so it's just the name that gives it away. Of course these types of errors are the easiest to fake, I suppose, but I still find them interesting.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/7/20 12:53 p.m.

I do, most of mine will be because of the casting though. Unspun is probably the rarest error, we call them riveted but really the post on the casting is spun down to the base when assembled so finding a carded model that's not be spun down is a rarity. I have a few but I met a guy who ONLY collects unspuns and sold/traded almost all of mine to him since he was passionate about it. I respect that.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/7/20 3:22 p.m.

This is my favorite series of all time, Car Culture. Some cases shipped with 2 of each car some shipped with 1 of 1 car and 3 of another which made it hard to get two complete sets but I've done that. Don't do the math on that...

2016 Mix A

2016 Mix B

2016 Mix C

2016 Mix D

2017 Mix A

2017 Mix B

2017 Mix C

2017 Mix D

I'll finish in a few minutes

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/7/20 3:39 p.m.

For 2018 they changed the size of the card to the pop culture size

2018 Mix A

2018 Mix B

2018 Mix C

2018 Mix D

2019 Mix A

2019 Mix B - Sorry there is a VW Caddy in the set but this is my spare set and I don't have an extra.

2019 Mix C

2019 Mix D

2019 Mix E

2019 Mix F

2019 Mix G

2019 Mix H

Still in 2020 so my sets not yet complete, I'll post some as I come across them.

10/7/20 3:48 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Dude you are the best!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/7/20 3:52 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Send me a PM to remind me what your address is, I can't find it in my emails.

10/7/20 4:08 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Sent!

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
10/7/20 6:56 p.m.

dxman92, i have been looking for this one, thank you and I will be shipping yours friday

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/7/20 8:49 p.m.

I dig that RTR Mustang.

Walmart had a good haul for once, in both Hot Wheels and Matchbox. Rangers in two colors (just noticed the red one has the tampo out of place a bit), a neat Overwatch car, and a Ford Falcon on the left side. Two orange Mustangs, an SVX, and rally Porsche on the right side.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/7/20 10:42 p.m.

Received my Carney Plastics 144 case today.  There was much delay because of Covid19, but they were a super company and kept me posted.

They had to switch gears and do a lot of plastic projects related to Covid.  Very understandable.

The product is everything they promised.  Super high quality.

Now my dilemma is with 144 cars go into this one.  laugh

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/8/20 11:37 a.m.

I thought this VW Pickup was cool, so I bought 2 of them. Random grocery store find. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/8/20 11:59 a.m.

Oh snap, there are some fantastic cars on this page. That's a hell of a collection chandler.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/12/20 3:12 p.m.

Took off a chunk of Sunday and mounted the case in the shop.

I thought I had 144 formula cars, but there were duplicate and many that were a larger scale, so i loaded the top with Ferraris...

Happy with the case.  See no reason to keep the cars in boxes.  Some are 50 years old.

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/12/20 3:55 p.m.

Just got a Big Air Bel Air. like this:

Looks to be based on a '56 Bel Air.  Big shocks front and back, gauge pod on the dash, race seats, gas can in the trunk ...  It begs for some detail painting.  I like it a lot.

solfly
solfly Dork
10/12/20 4:16 p.m.

Opened the matchbox 100th anniversary Chevy trucks set.

Andrewsky
Andrewsky New Reader
10/13/20 12:42 a.m.

Wish I have those collections! But hotwheels are pretty much expensive here in the Philippines.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
10/13/20 1:33 p.m.

In reply to Andrewsky :

My wife is a Philapeno, we are wanting to go to the Philippines next summer...and I will still look for How Wheels even when I am on vacation hahaha. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/13/20 3:36 p.m.

1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 161

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IBqMQP56a94MwolgfASY1tqvL0ubSrz9YK5z3eiKeLWCehobxI7oclI6HnGg1heN