Just snagged the Unimog 1300

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
12/12/18 7:23 p.m.

Found one of these at Walgreens today: 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/18 9:04 p.m.

Learn how to take unwanted tampos off with today's Tech Tip Tuesday video.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/13/18 6:52 a.m.
Javelin said:

Just know that some high end cars graphics have a different installation type and this doesn’t work 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/13/18 6:53 a.m.

Javelin
12/13/18 8:24 a.m.
chandler said:
Javelin said:

Just know that some high end cars graphics have a different installation type and this doesn’t work 

Really? I guess I never tried to take the tampos off of anything but $1 cars. I have a $5 50th anniversary premium car I could try. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/13/18 9:08 a.m.

Pop culture, retro and car culture all have a cleared over graphics package iirc. The basics have a direct print that can be cleaned off.

Javelin
12/13/18 9:15 a.m.
chandler said:

Pop culture, retro and car culture all have a cleared over graphics package iirc. The basics have a direct print that can be cleaned off.

Thanks, good to know! I'm not sure I want to risk messing up one of those, but I'll dig through my stash and see if I have one I want to repaint anyways.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/13/18 2:43 p.m.

James Bond Diamonds are Forever Mach 1 Mustang. My personal favorite Bond movie, Bond car, Mustang, and car chase. 

Javelin
12/13/18 2:49 p.m.
Brian said:

James Bond Diamonds are Forever Mach 1 Mustang. My personal favorite Bond movie, Bond car, Mustang, and car chase. 

Awesome! You should open it and detail it up like I did!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/13/18 3:12 p.m.
Brian said:

Can’t wait for the gone in 60 seconds version.

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
12/13/18 7:53 p.m.
chandler said:

That is so awesome... definitely on the look out for it. 

Javelin
12/14/18 1:10 p.m.
chandler said:
Brian said:

Can’t wait for the gone in 60 seconds version.

Would you be interested in a how-to video converting one on your own?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/14/18 5:56 p.m.

Not really, I customize ten or so cars a year but really I just buy what I like.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
12/15/18 9:18 a.m.

Picked this one up, and it sure is fun to play with. Nice strong wing too.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/17/18 7:41 a.m.

TAS Batmobile for myself and a Maverick for my dad. He had two back in the day wanted a third that he was going to build. 

This was after sorting through an entire 1x3 dump bin looking for the white Countach pace car because I saw a red one. Also almost picked up that rally 911 and a 32 roadster, although the roadster was fully open engined and I want a high boy. 

That was all at work off the clock. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/17/18 8:47 a.m.

That Countach is such a nice casting, I wish they'd make a non-pace car version of it, without any crazy graphics. I just want a "plain" Countach.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/17/18 10:09 a.m.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
12/18/18 6:48 p.m.

^ I still have the Matchbox Greyhound bus I got as a kid in the 1960s, I wonder if this current one is made from the same tooling.

Nothing special about this Honda I picked up today, but it was only 69 cents at Walgreens.  smiley

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/18/18 6:55 p.m.

Just so we are on the same page, that civic is a Super Treasure Hunt, 1 in every ten cases or so. Pretty hard to find, really good find!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
12/18/18 7:15 p.m.
chandler said:

Just so we are on the same page, that civic is a Super Treasure Hunt, 1 in every ten cases or so. Pretty hard to find, really good find!

I didn't know that, even better!  laugh

Javelin
12/18/18 7:24 p.m.
chandler said:

Uh, how do you know?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/18/18 7:33 p.m.

Well, it has real rider rubber tires. The pearl paint and if he lets the car fall away from the card he will see a gold TH flame printed on the card.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
12/18/18 7:35 p.m.
chandler said:

Well, it has real rider rubber tires. The pearl paint and if he lets the car fall away from the card he will see a gold TH flame printed on the card.

You are correct, sir.

I just checked completed auctions on eBay, it appears they are selling there for around $30 to $40.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/18/18 7:52 p.m.

Yours has a rough card, as do the three I’ve found (all bent the same way) but it’s still an awesome find! Congrats!

1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 161

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4QdnRTvpAkE8df8ZfW4yb9sA3rmapWZ8O1Xqj53noNLov2Hg0sp8VQfLlftVhlrK