1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 162
chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/20/20 2:20 p.m.

$200 is silly money for a 1 of 6000 hot wheels car.

this was considerably less, I was in a meeting the day it sold so I grabbed one yesterday for about $10 more than they originally sold for with shipping. Ok.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/20/20 3:03 p.m.

Dude. That's gorgeous. I let my RLC membership lapse since I had so much trouble getting the website to work during sales. Pieces like that one make the question my decision. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/20/20 4:48 p.m.
Powar (Forum Supporter) said:

Dude. That's gorgeous. I let my RLC membership lapse since I had so much trouble getting the website to work during sales. Pieces like that one make the question my decision. 

Been a member since the beginning, 2001 or so and I can't let it lapse. Seems to be getting better for me but the muscle car guys are peeved.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/21/20 6:47 a.m.
chandler said:

Been a member since the beginning, 2001 or so and I can't let it lapse. Seems to be getting better for me but the muscle car guys are peeved.

I can and understand why their mad. It's kinda hard to please everyone and plus they just had the voting for the next RLC cars. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/21/20 7:07 a.m.
Volksrodden said:
chandler said:

I can and understand why their mad. It's kinda hard to please everyone and plus they just had the voting for the next RLC cars. 

It's interesting, the voting for selections cars was (still live right now)

(1) convoy custom vs drag bus with convoy custom winning 

(2) 41 willys gasser vs the 300sl Mercedes with the willys winning

(3) 67 camaro vs 72 Torino with the Torino winning

(4) Lamborghini Countach vs r34 skyline with lambo winning

The traditionalists are not going to win, a drag bus or a camaro would have won for the first 15 years of the club but now they've pulled in another entire demographic that has zero interest in camaros. Interested to see which they put against which next but I see the Willys or the Lambo winning it all. I don't have the willys at hand but the quality on these are astounding

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/21/20 7:25 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

By the way pm'd you

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/21/20 7:34 a.m.

I thought the voting is a nice touch (my first year as a RLC member. 

This set came in yesterday:

(The smaller sets I have had for a while)

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/21/20 8:13 a.m.
Volksrodden said:

In reply to chandler :

By the way pm'd you

I never get anything from the site, vdblyou at yahoo

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/21/20 8:21 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Replied, I forgot to include my screen name

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/24/20 3:11 p.m.

My pre-order of the Team Transports came today: 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/20 4:57 p.m.

In reply to Volksrodden :

You want to sell me those two Fords?!?!?

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/24/20 7:59 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

I will look into seeing if I can get anther case of them in. I have the Ford's sold off to a buddy of mine 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/24/20 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Volksrodden :

I like the 300 SL and the GT ones. Any idea when they will hit stores?

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/25/20 12:29 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

I am thinking they would be coming out in June. The delivery date I was given was June 4th

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/25/20 8:28 a.m.

Some close ups of the 300SL and Euro Hauler:

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
4/25/20 8:33 a.m.

And the one you guys knew I had to have, the MOON EYES Beetle and Hauler:

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/25/20 10:27 a.m.

I was doing some wheel swaps today for a friend and while digging through my extras box I found

ten of them in there. Haha

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
4/25/20 11:35 a.m.

Wait, how many cars are in your collection?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/25/20 11:41 a.m.
nderwater said:

Wait, how many cars are in your collection?

Not something I want to know! Once when I counted I quit at 10,000 and I wasn't in very far.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/27/20 8:10 p.m.

Oh man, finally more Ford team transporters. I gotta spend some of my COVID bucks on those.

In other 1/64th scale news, I recently acquired this classic SPAM Nascar Thunderbird.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
4/30/20 9:16 p.m.

Turns out the local Dollar Tree stocks some Matchbox and Hot Wheels

wawazat
wawazat Dork
5/1/20 10:31 a.m.

May I get some advice or direction from you knowledgeable Hot Wheels folks?   I have most of my collection from my childhood in the 60’s and 70’s.   Lots of redline stuff.   All well loved and none packaged.  What are some good resources to get some idea of value of these?    

Thanks!

jde
jde HalfDork
5/1/20 10:41 a.m.
wawazat said:

May I get some advice or direction from you knowledgeable Hot Wheels folks?   I have most of my collection from my childhood in the 60’s and 70’s.   Lots of redline stuff.   All well loved and none packaged.  What are some good resources to get some idea of value of these?    

Thanks!

Refer to Michael Zarnock's guides, and compare/contrast with completed ebay listings and the South Texas Diecast site.

https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Zarnock/e/B001JS5Q1K%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

https://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide.html

IMO, YMMV, etc, etc...

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
5/4/20 10:02 a.m.

my Buick came in today, love this car

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/5/20 6:49 p.m.

1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 162

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners