Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
11/22/17 7:19 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I'd say so,  but searching the name on Amazon returns these unique step bits

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
11/22/17 10:46 p.m.

Last week I did a HF step bit endurance test while making a batch of 125 parts made of 1/8" steel with six holes in each part. Used a drill press and CRC cutting oil (you're welcome JG).  A 1/8" pilot hole for each was made using a regular drill bit then starting with a new HF step bit 500 13/32" holes and 250 7/16" holes were drilled for a total of 750 holes with the same bit through 1/8" steel. Not bad for a bit that cost less than 5 bucks and is still usable. Oh, and after each piece was drilled the piece was flipped and the bit run in each hole till it touched on the backside to chamfer the hole and remove any bur.  And ya, I really need to start having the parts water or laser cut. Drilling 1500 holes takes a while.

drillpro
drillpro New Reader
11/23/17 2:37 a.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

I want to see the drill bit you have used by images, does it still look well? And laser cut sounds good if I can get one.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/23/17 6:53 a.m.

Canoe pants. 

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
11/23/17 7:54 a.m.

DrillPro.   You are getting called a Canoe (Spam Post) as it appears you have joined to forum as a direct SEO result for step bits and are hawking your product.   Correct me if I am wrong.

Otherwise the Mods might need to talk to you

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
11/23/17 9:12 a.m.

If drillpro wants to send me a free bit I'll test it.

Here's the HF bit I used, the CRC cutting oil is essential to bit longevity. I've experimented with several methods of making all the holes in the parts in different batches.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/20171123_095702_zpshnh88grf.jpg.html][/URL]

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NZY8ogNsKDjaL5QNcRbP6DDAR6JoB2rqU8wZvRLvZb7B3m8hFaUnRVTyDHZlb61J