1 2
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
4/28/14 8:56 a.m.

Since the Feedback forum is no more, this will now be the thread for reporting canoes. Please post a link to the threads and the names of the spammers in this thread. Big thanks to everyone who takes the time to report Spammy McSpammers. Your help makes it easier for us to blow them out of the water!

You may also use this thread to request moderator assistance, such as updating a thread title or moving a thread to another forum, or to report forum violations. 

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
5/14/15 3:46 a.m.

A explanation on canoes for newbies:

With older GRM forum formats mods had to comb through threads for spammers, which took way too much time to do because of the number of spammers we got. There was no "report comment" button what like other boards have. The community helped out by flagging potential spammers with a key word, which the mods would then search the boards for. "Canoe" became the keyword to identify them. "Flounder" is a similar keyword we used for flamewars/flamebait/trolling... basically, Internet arguments gone out of control. Threads on religion, politics, and your favorite brand of penetrant/motor oil/etc. are particularly susceptible to becoming flounders.

Of course, canoe and flounder have become in-jokes. So are the filters for naughty words. You can figure those out by filter pwning yourself.

So if you find a spammer or someone who isn't playing nice with the community, please report them here. Mods don't actively go searching for every instance of the word 'canoe' anymore, so while its OK to reply to a spammer with 'canoe,' we may still not see it. Tattle on them here, and we'll make the decision on whether to banhammer them or not.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane SuperDork
8/2/19 10:17 a.m.

I just noticed a post (at the beginning of the year) from  Swic, who only seems interested in pedaling his products for free.  Check out his two posts.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/7/20 12:17 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/14/20 7:12 a.m.

Canoes sunk, and forgot to reply yesterday, Cooter: Devs are looking into the Garage tabs.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/20 11:07 a.m.

Weird thing I've been experiencing for quite a while now on the forum mobile version:

Composing or editing posts on iPhone / iOS 13.3 / Safari -

Inserting a return character does not give a 1.5-line space between paragraphs like it does on the desktop browser version.

If you insert a return, delete it, and then reinsert the return, you get the proper 1.5 line spacing...

...but doing that turns the automatic Shift off, so I have to then remember to capitalize the first word.  It's 4 steps to have 1 paragraph break come out right.

Judging from some posts I see here, it seems others also have this issue.  It's not really a critical thing in any way; it's just odd.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/1/20 7:21 p.m.

ChrisLS8 in the meme thread needs a date with the concrete patio.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
3/20/20 5:51 a.m.

not a canoe but might need to add, temporary, to the menu bar or posted somewhere visible.

https://www.coronavirus.gov/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

I'll add them to the panic thread but a post gets lost after a while

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
4/20/20 2:29 a.m.
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/30/20 3:00 p.m.

Last summer, a mess of my threads were deleted, and most were restored pretty quickly. I just noticed today that this one returns a 404:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/trips-adventures-and-get-togethers/an-angry-fly-and-drive-or-getting-a-94-c4-from-fl-to-mi/146138/page1/

is there anything that can be done about that?

thanks!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/30/20 9:17 p.m.

I just clicked Angry's Monzora thread on the latest page and the top post was from August. The newest post on the page was from today..... 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/30/20 9:25 p.m.

So I keep scrolling down and find a second set of Monzora posts???????????

sleepyhead the buffalo
5/22/20 4:40 p.m.
Dr. Hess (Forum Supporter) said:

Kruser

in

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/college-grant-help/88172/page1/

Thanks Hess!  I think I'm going to have to spend some time picking through the 'tutanota' entries in the database, make sure they're all clean.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/25/20 7:18 a.m.

The Challenge website has an error, when I click the link on the rules page to the NRHA rulebook:

https://nationaldragster.s3.amazonaws.com/Rulebooks/2020_NHRA_Rulebook_11_01/page_309.html

I get this on the page:

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>Rulebooks/2020_NHRA_Rulebook_11_01/page_309.html</Key>
<RequestId>6F5A949393B94555</RequestId>
<HostId>
28Z23dwWWt5V9rFc4rnIs+tN2scyDfVgumSfFiY1uOriNOc1Rylj7I2+xKzGQAm7teUuMpwTtvI=
</HostId>
</Error>

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/26/20 9:51 a.m.

This is really really low on the priority list, but next time you have the developers tuning up the forum software, can you have them look into the random line spacing when posting from an iPhone?

The first time you insert a return character, it doesn't give the extra line spacing that the desktop version does.  If you delete and reinsert the return, it does, but doing that makes the automatic Shift go away.  If you put 2 returns instead of deleting and reinserting, it looks fine on screen until you submit the post but when it posts the break comes out extra large.

Not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" but it doesn't seem to be working right and it is not entirely consistent even when used in the same browser on the same phone.   In fact it's not even entirely consistent within the same post.

sleepyhead the buffalo
6/1/20 1:15 a.m.
TasdevEngineer2of3
TasdevEngineer2of3 New Reader
6/2/20 5:57 p.m.

A request for assistance from a moderator:

Please delete my logonid from this forum.

thank you ........Roger McMahill aka tasdevengineer2of3

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) Mod Squad
6/2/20 8:18 p.m.

In reply to TasdevEngineer2of3 :

Just to be clear, you want us to delete your account? 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/7/20 4:17 p.m.

Jive advertisement. Get 4x4 on some random thing!

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/Migomasepega_1327/

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/9/20 6:20 a.m.
tremm
tremm New Reader
6/12/20 5:43 p.m.

I think Buenavides1 is a canoe. Not 100% sure, but the post history is weird. Checked 5 posts, one was a link to a product, one was off topic bringing up covid.

I just randomly saw a post by them that was generic filler & it set off my canoe flag

tremm
tremm New Reader
6/17/20 9:42 p.m.

Another lovely member:

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
7/7/20 11:48 a.m.
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/7/20 12:32 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/7/20 12:36 p.m.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/kimly451451n/

I am beginning to despise WHATSAPP and everyone who uses it.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
TGSfqWUnAy6q8OPqxo3Mu1nwEdg8lhoFQPNcMpbIZSWXNF7ccH0K9RCz6h5iiEXW