1 2
slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
8/14/15 7:07 a.m.
bmw88rider wrote: Great marketing Dodge. I could have sworn that Aaron really despised mopar vehicles. (pre-FCA sponsership)

I'm sure he has his preferences, but ... he gave my Valiant a thumbs-up (from a distance) during prep for the Big Bend Open Road Race.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
8/14/15 7:15 a.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

I dunno...I'd DD that.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
8/14/15 8:05 a.m.
bmw88rider wrote: Great marketing Dodge. I could have sworn that Aaron really despised mopar vehicles. I though he really kind of bad mouthed them in one of the early shows. (pre-FCA sponsership)

I'm pretty sure that was Richard. He trashed all the Mopars that came through the shop before Dodge picked up sponsorship. Then all the sudden he was gushing about '71 Challengers and how he wanted one in high school. His loyalty is to moola, and only moola. If Vespa started cutting him checks next week they would be the greatest motorized vehicle ever and all over the show.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
8/14/15 8:18 a.m.

I'm not sure who either of those people are but their nicknames are ghey and if they base their reputations on the outcome of a single 1/8 mile drag race they are twats.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
8/14/15 8:26 a.m.

I have watched and enjoyed both of these shows for what they are "entertainment". I can't take either one seriously. They are both guilty of doing absurd things in the name of money or fame.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/15 8:50 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: I'm pretty sure that was Richard. He trashed all the Mopars that came through the shop before Dodge picked up sponsorship. Then all the sudden he was gushing about '71 Challengers and how he wanted one in high school. His loyalty is to moola, and only moola. If Vespa started cutting him checks next week they would be the greatest motorized vehicle ever and all over the show.

Keep in mind that Richard himself never disputes this fact. He was very clear that he wanted a TV show and marketed himself hard to get one. He offered the networks a character and a supporting cast and a hook...and they ate it up. Reality TV is about as real as silicone boobs. He is playing a role. And making good money doing it, and getting to play with some great cars.

Look, if someone told me that if I grew a ZZ Top beard and acted weird on TV, I could build an awesome Falcon race car and run it at Pikes Peak, I'd say sign me up! Would I care that people thought I was a fake? Nope. I would be racing at Pikes Freaking Peak!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/14/15 10:13 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote: I'm pretty sure that was Richard. He trashed all the Mopars that came through the shop before Dodge picked up sponsorship. Then all the sudden he was gushing about '71 Challengers and how he wanted one in high school. His loyalty is to moola, and only moola. If Vespa started cutting him checks next week they would be the greatest motorized vehicle ever and all over the show.
Keep in mind that Richard himself never disputes this fact. He was very clear that he wanted a TV show and marketed himself hard to get one. He offered the networks a character and a supporting cast and a hook...and they ate it up. Reality TV is about as real as silicone boobs. He is playing a role. And making good money doing it, and getting to play with some great cars. Look, if someone told me that if I grew a ZZ Top beard and acted weird on TV, I could build an awesome Falcon race car and run it at Pikes Peak, I'd say sign me up! Would I care that people thought I was a fake? Nope. I would be racing at Pikes Freaking Peak!

I have the beard, I act weird, wheres my motherberkeleying TV check?

former520
former520 Reader
8/14/15 11:51 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: I have watched and enjoyed both of these shows for what they are "entertainment". I can't take either one seriously. They are both guilty of doing absurd things in the name of money or fame.

I concur, they are like action movies, you don't knock them for jumping cars from building to build. Just enjoy as is.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/4/16 11:07 p.m.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

They aired the first episode for Fast and Loud with their Dart. Already it's full of bullE36 M3 and you can tell they're full of E36 M3.

I didn't know anything about the Dart, but now I do and now I know why they won. They didn't follow the rules that the Roadkill guys set, they just built a straight up drag car with a Hellcat motor.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/5/16 12:56 a.m.

At least Roadkill started with a trashed shell and brought it back to life. That Dart was a pretty sweet survivor till the firewall was torched out and they slapped in a pro-street 4 link straight out of the fairgrounds of 1986.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
1/5/16 6:26 a.m.

Television: destroying history for ratings, one old car at a time.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/5/16 9:52 a.m.

After watching the latest roadkills, I'd say they came close to shark jumping, but listened to their core customers and continued to provide content that hits at their base. 455 powered REPU for example.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/5/16 10:51 a.m.

The NAS - CARLO is very awesome.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
1/5/16 10:58 a.m.

Yeah, I was yelling as loud as anybody that the show was gonna E36 M3 the bed. I was wrong. Its been good.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cgl63VTCY7nEagRKfQlwW1YrDQ8nNGfnaoDnWNSTKwtv9AGUu1uQOkpsGncKXzPI