fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
8/7/08 12:30 p.m.

This is the project I've been working on for the past 3 months or so. Never good to see stuff like this when you're about 40% done with a project. I have a feeling it will work itself out though. Coincidently (seriously, totally unrelated) I also got told today I'm moving on to another project, this one a $150mil hospital in nearby Springfield.

"Elia Imler, a CarMax spokeswoman, said today Aug. 7 that completion of the West Carrollton store will be pushed back to 2010."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/b/content/oh/story/business/2008/08/07/ddn080708carmaxweb.html

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
8/7/08 12:37 p.m.

less people are buying cars, thats probably a smart move on their part. hopefully this means they're being smart about not expanding coming into a downturn, which means they'll be around to build more in the future

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/7/08 12:40 p.m.

CarMax just built a couple of stores here in Chucktown. Word was they shelved plans for a third store because of the downturn in car sales.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
8/7/08 1:18 p.m.

Emails flying everywhere today but it looks like we will be unaffected. CarMax fiscal year is March (currently in FY2009 for them) and our grand opening was/is scheduled for mid February '09 so if they delay the G.O. 2 weeks it will open in their FY2010 (March '09).

Usually used cars do well in slow economic times so I guess this shows how real or serious the situation is and is becoming.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cyp2HqvWb3TXobEfh7OlKBhapgtgqjPG8SUxzpj6e7D7MpXPd44WiQE7JwQJp5nX