1 2 3 4 5
nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/13 9:24 a.m.

Outstanding. Welcome Rut.

I like the 49 project. Excited to see where it goes.

I wonder what other celebrities we can Conjur up by talking about them.. .

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/13 9:28 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/5/13 9:30 a.m.
RutWood wrote: You guys have a great forum here, I hope to be able to post more as time permits. The producer of Top Gear is active on the board (he posts as squeeze valve or some such odd thing) and he turned me onto it. I love the Challenge!

You should do a Top Gear special with the Challenge.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
2/5/13 9:40 a.m.

Awesome!!! I love your civic, sorry about the truck comments. Didn't realize you were from Georgia; I'm surprised you can get away with only an F250 there.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/5/13 9:44 a.m.
RutWood wrote: Thanks for all of the kind words. I hope to have more information on the step van up soon. (I have been busy with SEMA and lots of other appearances.) The F-250 does seem out of place compared to the rest of the cars in my stable, but remember that I live in Georgia! No self-respecting Southerner would be without a pickup. Besides, I had to replace the Dodge that I left behind in Alaska, right? You guys have a great forum here, I hope to be able to post more as time permits. The producer of Top Gear is active on the board (he posts as squeeze valve or some such odd thing) and he turned me onto it. I love the Challenge!

Welcome sir!!!

You know though... there's a rule about saying that you love The Challenge.

You are now REQUIRED to show up for $2013.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
2/5/13 9:55 a.m.

In reply to RutWood:

Wow! Welcome to the board!

Hope you get the time to chat it up with us!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/13 9:56 a.m.

In reply to RutWood:

Dude, I totally read that post in your voice.I love TG: USA and most of your cars. Just do me a favor and post a picture of the F-250 covered in mud.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
2/5/13 10:20 a.m.
RutWood wrote: ...The producer of Top Gear is active on the board.....I love the Challenge!

nudge, nudge... wink, wink....

Suggestion: Start a thread for the GRM crowd to create a TG USA show... sit back and watch the magic happen... (might want to stock up on Miatas, LS1's, Rotaries and really big turbos)

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
2/5/13 10:38 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: I see no rock-rash or snorkel. So what kind of off-roading does it do? I like his other cars, but that truck makes me lose hope.

You have to have rock rash and a snorkel to go offroad? Seriously? I have a baja bug and 6 other 4x4s. I try NOT to get rock rash and only came close to needing a snorkel a few times, but luckily my mild lift got me through.

It's funny how lifted trucks, diesels, and cars that don't weigh less than 1k pounds get so many people on this board worked up lol.

HunterJP
HunterJP GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/5/13 10:41 a.m.

Haha, I love it when the person people are talking about, shows up in a thread.

Love the Honda, Rutledge. And the VW. If you are ever in Omaha, NE, I'll buy you a beer. I even know of one with a plaid label.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
2/5/13 10:54 a.m.

So where in Jawja are you? http://forum.soloatlanta.com/

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
2/5/13 11:02 a.m.
CGLockRacer wrote:

QFT

Welcome, Rut.

gamby
gamby PowerDork
2/5/13 11:02 a.m.
RutWood wrote: Thanks for all of the kind words. I hope to have more information on the step van up soon. (I have been busy with SEMA and lots of other appearances.) The F-250 does seem out of place compared to the rest of the cars in my stable, but remember that I live in Georgia! No self-respecting Southerner would be without a pickup. Besides, I had to replace the Dodge that I left behind in Alaska, right? You guys have a great forum here, I hope to be able to post more as time permits. The producer of Top Gear is active on the board (he posts as squeeze valve or some such odd thing) and he turned me onto it. I love the Challenge!

Well, how 'bout that?! It's about damn time you showed up over here. Wev'e been wondering aloud for a couple of years about when/if you'd make an appearance here.

Personally, I'm happy that you're a Honda guy.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
2/5/13 11:50 a.m.
z31maniac wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
xflowgolf wrote: He used to post on the wagon forums on impalassforum.com from time to time, before and continuing after the laungh of the US version of TG. Seemed a solid car guy from interactions I had. Regardless of whether you do or don't like him on TV, he's a legit gearhead who's inclinations for cars included old GRM flavored stuff that he played with well before any TV celebrity status kicked in (aircooleds, b-bodies, etc.). As noted on the bio page... "Rutledge has owned over 55 cars and trucks ranging from a Volkswagen Rabbit pickup truck to Hondas, Chevys, a 1966 VW Double Cab, a 68 Dodge Charger that was Kyle Petty’s high school ride, a Buick Roadmaster Wagon, even an obscure 1975 Bricklin SV-1."
he calls himself a car guy and he's only owned 55 cars? i had that beat by the time i was 21.. last time i attempted to write down a list of ever car i've owned, i got bored at around 200 and probably forgot at least 20.. but if you want to nail that down to cars that i had long enough to put in my name before trading it off for something else, then the list is probably closer to 100..
And? How many of those cars were rusted out hulks and boring econoboxes?

a few rusted out hulks, almost zero boring econoboxes- i can count every fwd car i've had on both hands, and 3 of those were late 70's ElDorados and those don't really count the same as the Luminas (2) and Cavaliers (3) or the 89 Grand Prix... i've only ever had 2 Japanese cars- a late 80's Subaru 2 door something or other that looked like Inspector Gadget's car from the 80's cartoon series and a 94 Mazda 323- everything else has been good old fashioned 60's-80's 'Murican rwd or 4X4 iron with proper V8 engines.. well, i guess there were a few V6 (AWD Astro, my T Type) and 4 cylinders ( 76 Vega, 79 Sunbird) thrown in there, too.. the most cars i've ever had at one time was 11, with 9 of them running and registered in my name and i can't recall a time that i've had less than 3 cars in my possession with at least 2 in running and registerable form...

Tom Suddard
2/5/13 11:53 a.m.
Cotton wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: I see no rock-rash or snorkel. So what kind of off-roading does it do? I like his other cars, but that truck makes me lose hope.
You have to have rock rash and a snorkel to go offroad? Seriously? I have a baja bug and 6 other 4x4s. I try NOT to get rock rash and only came close to needing a snorkel a few times, but luckily my mild lift got me through. It's funny how lifted trucks, diesels, and cars that don't weigh less than 1k pounds get so many people on this board worked up lol.

It was an exaggeration, true. But I think my point was clear. That truck looks like a street truck, and that's fine. It just isn't my style.

Tom Suddard
2/5/13 11:55 a.m.

More to the point, there's a new Top Gear on tonight!

Rut, in the last episode did you actually crack the case on the bus?

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/5/13 11:55 a.m.

In reply to RutWood:

Well this was a surprise when I was reading through the thread, catching up. You guys need to do a special on the Challenge! Top Gear USA is turning out great and you have some great vehicles. Welcome aboard the boat to crazy town!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/5/13 12:06 p.m.

Welome Rut! Thanks for taking part in the forum. As others have said, we'd love to have you at the $2013 Challenge, or our Ultimate Track Car Challenge.....or at our Speedfest at the Mitty party--- heck the Mitty is just down the road from you!

www.themitty.com

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/UTCC13/

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/5/13 12:07 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: Rut, in the last episode did you actually crack the case on the bus?

Good Question! It looked like a hard hit but to split the block? Ouch...

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/5/13 12:50 p.m.

While a TG-USA entry into the Challenge would probably be tough to schedule, it would be neat to see a segment about it on the show.

Plus, how cool would it be if the Stig (and/or Tanner)could be one of the the Autocross guest drivers.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
2/5/13 1:02 p.m.

And there he is.

Welcome to the board, Rut!

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
2/5/13 1:32 p.m.
Ian F wrote: While a TG-USA entry into the Challenge would probably be tough to schedule, it would be neat to see a segment about it on the show. Plus, how cool would it be if the Stig (and/or Tanner)could be one of the the Autocross guest drivers.

they still have a Stig? hell, do they still even have a studio and a test track?

every episode is another challenge...

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/5/13 1:39 p.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I like the show but the g/f doesn't... so we watch what she wants to.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/5/13 1:52 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Huh - That shop is ~ 2 minutes from where I work.

Sweet. We should go steal that punk's wagon.

EDIT: OH! Hi there Mr. Wood!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
2/5/13 2:00 p.m.
HunterJP wrote: Haha, I love it when the person people are talking about, shows up in a thread.

x2. This is the only board I visit where that ever happens. Great stuff.

Welcome, Mr. Wood! From what I've heard, you should fit in pretty good around here.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xt5oSnoBpSkCwAwepJXIzFqJviG693jd3HZu7X4PqbITY1YYEujsA5Aa1fiOW26M