Heard it was the last of the V8s...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
5/21/12 7:19 p.m.

Wrong paint job, but awesome regardless.

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
5/21/12 8:05 p.m.

Them's Ohio Plates on the front!
Is the Ohio Australian Ambassador aware of this?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
5/21/12 8:34 p.m.

I had one just like that when i was 18, but in Tropicana Green, it was 351ci of Cleveland awesomeness, I want another one badly

Ford_XB_Fairmont_GS_V8

failboat
failboat Dork
5/21/12 8:58 p.m.

I love the roof wing on these things

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/21/12 9:31 p.m.

I'll take two, please.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
5/21/12 10:25 p.m.

Boy that overhead console would hurt on a bumpy road.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon HalfDork
5/21/12 10:53 p.m.

Why are all these cars down under four doors? Nothing wrong with it, but it seems the only two door Aussie cars I see hopped up are Utes.

I saw three Holden Maloos on the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2011, they were red, white, and blue, and one was SUPRISE supercharged.

It was quite awesome.

Not my pictures, but that's them.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/12 12:25 a.m.

Aussies just like big practical sedans, preferably with a large bent eight up front. They also (or USED to, back when I was more current with the Australian market) put an emphasis on suspension tuning for rough road competence.

The Holden Monaro is a two-door, and I'm sure there's a Ford equivalent. You might know the Monaro as a GTO.

failboat
failboat Dork
5/22/12 4:16 a.m.

Need moar holden sandman. It's a car based van! That's got to be as awesome as a car based truck!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
5/22/12 6:29 a.m.

There were plenty of coupes back in the day, it just wasn't really much more desirable, as it is in the US.

Here is a thread I did on the Aussie Muscle cars back in the day

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/good-old-aussie-v8/34037/page1/

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
5/22/12 7:43 a.m.

Went to a cruise-in this weekend at Covington Square, and it had attracted quite a few oddities that don't normally show up at local meets. One of the rarest to see in the US was that someone had imported a mid '80s Falcon ute. I'm not too up on my Falcon generations, but the thing looked like it was just past the 25 year import limit.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
5/22/12 7:50 a.m.

that hood is all the best kinds of overkill. Diggin it.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
5/22/12 4:32 p.m.

About 10-13 years ago, I went to a big Mopar car show in Napperville, IL. I saw a Valiant Charger.

I walked up to the owner and asked, "Is it a real E49?" The owner lit up, seeing someone who had a clue. It is, apparently, the only true E49 Hemi 6 pack in the US. He said these cars are treated as national treasurers down under, and it took a lot of negotiations to be allowed to buy it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B8dmEK8HTVptMq5wAqtlZVAVyAiIuNX54KhGb1YgxwlWAE0ptTukPXIhrs8ALxbm