bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/15/18 1:25 p.m.

I just went to search for a somewhat recent thread and was having a hard time finding it.  the search function brings up individual posts, not threads.  I thought it used to be the other way around.  Am I mistaken, or was there a change? Right now you get the poster, forum, and most of the text of the post, but not the thread. That makes it kind of hard to tell if it's in the right thread or not.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/15/18 4:13 p.m.

In reply to bluej :

Something has definitely changed with the search results. I know the devs are working on improving it, so I will reach out to see if this is a work in progress. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

bluej
5/15/18 5:20 p.m.

Ok, cool. Very Happy to hear the search is being worked on, and that I'm not (this particular flavor of) crazy!

bluej
5/28/18 9:27 p.m.

Still not showing thread titles in search results, fyi. It would be awesome to keep all the info that IS currently shown, but also show the thread title. Again, thanks for working on the search function in general!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/18 12:01 a.m.

Ran in to that as well today. Most every web forum lets you choose between searching the posts in the treads or thread titles or both.  I just assume it is a disturbance in the force or something that caused the change. 

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/14/18 10:42 a.m.

so, uh, bumping this back up. Still kinda odd. It's not necessarily very obvious what the poster is responding to in their text w/out the thread title to go by.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/14/18 10:48 a.m.

Best way to search these forums is to enter the following into Google: "site:grassrootsmotorsports.com [search terms]"

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/14/18 10:57 a.m.
mtn said:

Best way to search these forums is to enter the following into Google: "site:grassrootsmotorsports.com [search terms]"

well, sure, but why have a search function here at all then?

dunruhroy
dunruhroy New Reader
8/14/18 10:52 p.m.
mtn said:

I’ve always just googled it.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/14/18 11:24 p.m.

In reply to bluej :

It would take work to remove it? cheeky

Half-joking. It probably made sense to add a basic keyword search at some point early on, and it may do what people expect often enough to get some use. Building search that's Better Than Google is really, really hard.

I bet the devs would be delighted to get turned loose on a project like that instead of the regular maintenance and updates!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dCcDoT0kaGiuknYyIYig7MWvPyRFXSXqKjrSxS1veLIMgOHC1O5U8Rs93UPiD1p5