mad102
mad102 None
3/7/11 3:37 a.m.

I'm trying to find a set of seats for my 1982 RX-7 that will be used for street driving and autocrossing. I was looking at a set of Procar Sportsman seats with the brackets from them. Has anyone had any luck with these and if not could anybody suggest a good alternative that fits my needs and a modest budget?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
3/7/11 5:14 a.m.

I used second generation seats in my 83 for many years. A lot of guys will opt for second gen Turbo II seats as they have better bolsters. If you were close by to me you would be welcome to have the second gen seats I still have(red by the way),but MA,and MS are far away from each other. The added benefit of the second gen seats is that they lower you down in the car so that any helmet rubbing issues are helped out. It is as simple as taking the slide rails from your cars seat,and mounting them to the second gen seats. I think they bolt right on,or maybe you need to drill one extra hole in one of the rails.

Chris

mad102
mad102 New Reader
3/7/11 5:26 a.m.

That's still helpful for me to know. I appreciate the tip. I almost don't care about the color, I just need something to replace the original seats that have completely collapsed in mine. Thanks, Chris.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/7/11 8:54 a.m.

I used a set of no-name suede racing seats (Ractive?). FYI - The RX-7 used the same floorplan/firewall (albeit modified) throughout it's production. FC seats bolt into the FB with 3 of the 4 bolts, but if you're smart you can swap the FB tracks onto the FC seats and then they bolt right in. Same story with FD seats.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/7/11 9:58 a.m.

Full disclosure: These are mine. Porsche 911 seats by Recaro. $375.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/porsche-911-seats-made-by-recaro/32527/page1/

Photobucket

Nis14
Nis14 New Reader
3/7/11 11:18 a.m.

I was just going to use some replica Bride seats in my 2nd Gen., I figure it's gotta be better than the original S5 seats that are 20 years and breaking down

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-BRIDE-VIOS-LOW-MAX-RACING-BUCKET-SEAT-FRP-BLACK-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b8ef11d0QQitemZ170606399952QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

mad102
mad102 New Reader
3/7/11 9:51 p.m.

I really appreciate all the input. I think I'm going to find a set of decent 2nd gen seats and modify them to fit. It sounds like the easiest way to go and maybe help save me a little coin. Thanks again for the help.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ThzhMm33PISs8SJtUTO4Uzud8Z9VUMBuT8Ep5ZG1LykZ5dPO3gCGFFJpBuU57L4v