D2W
D2W HalfDork
6/12/19 2:44 p.m.

Can someone clue me in about security camera options. The kicker is I have no power, no wifi at the site. This can be video or still pictures.

Obviously it wouldn't be a live feed, but something that can record that I can download later would be great.

Thanks

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
6/12/19 2:58 p.m.

Game cam is going to be about your only choice here.  They make them with "invisible" IR flash, which is what you want if you are looking for 2 legged varmints.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/19 3:27 p.m.

I'd go with a solar powered, motion sensitive spotlight first. First, they're handy to have around. But more importantly, they're more likely to prevent a problem in the first place. Having a light suddenly turn on might keep someone away.

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/12/19 3:45 p.m.

If you don't need a bunch of bells and whistles, Google "808 16 keychain camera".  $25 gets you 720p (but the optics aren't quite that good) and fully configurable with NR16 configuration software.  Open source stuff.

The keychain cam has a small battery, but it won't last long.  Hook it up to a USB source with solar, a battery pack, or something, and you get a teeny little thing that has motion sensing, card slot, easy to configure... neat little thing.  I have two; one with a 90 degree lens and one with a 120.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
6/12/19 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

Game cam is going to be about your only choice here.  They make them with "invisible" IR flash, which is what you want if you are looking for 2 legged varmints.

This is how I was leaning. Good to know about the IR Flash. I want this whole setup to be invisible.

Keith Tanner
6/12/19 4:53 p.m.

What's your goal?

D2W
D2W HalfDork
6/14/19 5:50 p.m.

Unwanted guests on some property. I don't want to scare them away, I want to confirm who it is.

Keith Tanner
6/14/19 5:52 p.m.

Gotcha. Game camera sounds like the easy button to me. It's basically exactly what they're for.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SD1eIlKP9iHjrG4X4vwjq2CMD1Xzc6ThmvHtEfgp4T8c0eKoYpTl4tMn7kyY8PS0