1 2
AAZCD
AAZCD New Reader
5/19/18 8:13 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

If nothing else, they know how to spell and to construct a sentence.  That's a good sign.  smiley

He's a college student wanting an SUV to haul his stuff to where he lives.

190K miles, 4 cyl, pics looks decent. My wife already says, "Just do it." Looking at values, I'm actually considering a straight swap.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/18 8:22 p.m.
yupididit said:
AngryCorvair said:

"Where you stay" is ghetto talk.  Hood rats "stay" places but they don't "live" anywhere.  He's a jerkoff, so insist to meet this one at local Police Department.

Damn, I say that. Y'all making me feel a certain type of way today. crying

Sorry, let me rephrase:  in my limited personal experience growing up in a shady neighborhood, the only people i've ever heard say "where you stay" were ghetto.  No offense intended toward yupididit or anyone other non-ghetto types who may use that phrase.  It is *almost* never my intent to make anyone feel a certain type of way.  :-)

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/19/18 8:24 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I was raised in the ghetto LMAO. I wasn't offended though. Just a few posters today have described me without them knowing lol 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/19/18 8:27 p.m.

2010 Camry Sport doesn't sound like too bad of a trade. Do you have details on the car?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/18 9:17 p.m.

I got some rims, a 9mm and a camery without a tittle, you down for trades? 

laugh

AAZCD
AAZCD New Reader
5/21/18 1:11 p.m.

I'm not a good salesman. I get four to five serious inquiries each day. In my responses, I point out the flaws and tell the buyers all the details a used car salesman would try to hide. Today I had an offer to trade for a 2000 Range Rover that included this in the description:

" It was a Navy Seals carrier training vehicle, so has rubber bullet dings on the sides, but not chips in the paint... ".

Cool, I think my old Infiniti i30 might have been a Seal training vehicle too... I told him that I already had too many SUVs, and suggested that he can fix the cruise control by finding the vacuum leak.

I just canceled my Craigslist ad. I'm coming up on a 7 day hitch of 12+ hour shifts, then traveling to Phoenix to visit family for a week. I'm still open to the trade for the Camry if we can work a time to meet, but that guy is about 4 hours away.

In Phoenix I have a 1998 Audi Avant Quattro. Anybody want that? My bottom dollar is $800. Long story, maybe I'll post a $2018 Classified on that.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
5/21/18 1:57 p.m.

I had no idea those things potentially sold in the mid 4 digit range.  There's even one local to me for like 7, also a rebuilt title.  Is there some major reliability issue with these?  Or something like the 90K mile "tune up" costs 20 large?  I'm just curious.

AAZCD
AAZCD New Reader
5/21/18 2:41 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

The "Major Maintenance" (40k interval) is fluids, filters, and plugs along with basic inspection. Not like the chain driven Audis that had to have the engine removed and pads replaced. Transmission fluid gets changed at 160k miles or 16 years....

Common issues around 100k miles: Cardan shaft bushing, plastic coolant tubes, fading LCD at center of cluster, lift supports on rear hatch, and droopy headliners. Irritations, but totally fixable by a capable DIY.

I'm a hard core 986 Boxster guy, so I expect a catastrophic engine explosion at any time with my Porsche products, but I've been really happy with my Cayennes and plan to keep my other untill the wheels fall off.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZD71Uz8vneHZulRQ33JN2RsQ7g0Vsw7sujMtQqsOTcmCs5ebZzK5kSm05hp3lIpq