Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/12/08 1:53 p.m.

I couldn't love our new office more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything, but I do have a problem with this...

They've been driving a huge vibrating thingamajiggy around our building for SEVEN BERKELEYING HOURS TODAY. The pictures are crooked on the walls, my souvenir bottle of Maker's Mark from Evildky's attempt to bribe the Challenge judges almost took a header off the file cabinet, and my Hot Wheels cars have been in a big cluster, rotating clockwise on top of that cabinet all day long. I'm glad we're at the end of this thing, and I'm excited to get the parking lot repaved tomorrow, but soon they're going to hit that brown note and then it'll be all over.

That is all.

Margie

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/12/08 2:03 p.m.

And that's why I'm working from home today. Plus I don't have to listen to my Iron Maiden through headphones.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/12/08 2:23 p.m.

lol..brown note...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/12/08 2:27 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: lol..brown note...

No lie, I think they hit it a few times before I left. What a horrible, horrible sound. And of course, Tim, Per and I tried to have a meeting in my office--which is right next to the parking lot.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/12/08 2:40 p.m.

Poor guys, looks like a perfect "beach testing day"

SupraWes
SupraWes HalfDork
6/12/08 4:08 p.m.

Sounds like its actually time to open up the Makers Mark and play with the Hot Wheels on the carpet for the rest of the day.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Reader
6/12/08 4:10 p.m.

You could skip the compacting and have the asphalt buckle in a couple of years.

Need some cheese with that wine?

I jest of course. We have a guy her that bangs out proctors all day in the soils lab. Its a dull thump, thump, thump all freaking day long. When we move to our new building in the fall, the lab will be far from me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y1Et70XiA1LcStMcAEXsebC6qRMKxvFmqlvwjdQeR8P9lebnNfiMhRk0XQVp4JF3