1 2
DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
2/21/12 6:12 p.m.

Well, it's a render by someone who understands this type of thing.

Link

I kinda like it, as a good starting point.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
2/21/12 6:14 p.m.

Is it larger than a quad cab dual F350, the current one is getting close

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
2/21/12 6:15 p.m.

I kinda see a mustang with a camaro nose. but Im working second shift today so I may not see things quite right.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
2/21/12 6:15 p.m.

It looks constipated.

Grizz
Grizz Dork
2/21/12 6:16 p.m.

Looks better than the current one.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/21/12 6:28 p.m.

No no no. No more retro. Retro as a design them is dead ended? What the hell is Ford gonna do next? Mustang II 2.0? Ugh. Totally uninspiring.

Take the last generation Celica. Great design. Forward looking. Few designers are looking ahead anymore for fear of alienating "consumers."

Unfortunately there is little to inspire today's designer. The jet age is over. The nuclear age came and went. Just look at what others are doing and make it your own.

Mazda--there's a company looking forward.

Thank the Universe Cadillac hasn't been caught up in it. (Despite the Ciel being a modern Lincoln)

stroker
stroker HalfDork
2/21/12 6:29 p.m.
Grizz wrote: Looks better than the current one.

+1

Will
Will Dork
2/21/12 6:31 p.m.
Grizz wrote: Looks better than the current one.

So does herpes.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
2/21/12 6:36 p.m.

I like the 5th Gen. I don't like this. It's time for something new. The 5th gen has a nice retro touch, but it's just time for something to come from a blank canvas. No more Retro.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
2/21/12 6:37 p.m.

Oh hey, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/21/12 6:39 p.m.

I think is worse the 5th generation and that is saying something since the current one is ugly as hell.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/21/12 6:41 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: Mazda--there's a company looking forward.

I hope this is sarcasm. The new Mazdas look incredibly stupid.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
2/21/12 6:44 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: Mazda--there's a company looking happy

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/21/12 7:00 p.m.

Mazda is unafraid to be inspired. Sure some of what they do is bad but they are hitting good shots on a regular basis. Many of the design elements they are employing are nature based, flowing, and unseen before.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/12 7:00 p.m.

it looks better than the current one.. which is not saying a lot. It does need the little trunk spoiler those cars had

Aside from the Mustang.. most of Ford's vehicles are pretty forward looking too.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
2/21/12 7:02 p.m.

Blech! I never liked the 2nd-gen Camaros and that concept looks even worse.

GM dropped the ball big-time with the current Camaro. The ergonomics are horrible, you can't see a damn thing out the window, it feels like every one of its 3800-4000lb, and it's a hideous caricature of the beautiful '69 Camaro. It just has a massive douchebag vibe to it the Chally and Mustang don't have.

I agree with the less retro sentiment. It's a shame the 04-06 GTOs got no respect because they didn't look like flabby, cartoony '64s or Judges (although I do agree they were kind of tame-looking). I like the current Mustang and Challenger's looks, but I want to see them evolve as well.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Reader
2/21/12 7:02 p.m.

Once everyone has gotten over the nostalgic charm of the new Camaro, will there really be a need, or a want, for a 6th generation Camaro?

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
2/21/12 7:06 p.m.
Aeromoto wrote: Once everyone has gotten over the nostalgic charm of the new Camaro, will there really be a need, or a want, for a 6th generation Camaro?

If there's any good news, I have heard that all three companies are looking to put their musclecars on a diet. Mostly to meet CAFE regs, but I'd like to think the Big Three have heard our pleas of putting the cars through an automotive Jenny Craig course. Ford especially, since the next-gen Mustangs are supposed to be sold worldwide and get IRS.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Reader
2/21/12 7:06 p.m.

BODY DOUBLE?

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
2/21/12 7:08 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: What the hell is Ford gonna do next? Mustang II 2.0?

Oh yes, notchback please.

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
2/21/12 7:10 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Oh hey, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I think everything you type goes well with that guy blabbering and then running off in your avatar

Will
Will Dork
2/21/12 8:25 p.m.
Aeromoto wrote: Once everyone has gotten over the nostalgic charm of the new Camaro, will there really be a need, or a want, for a 6th generation Camaro?

This is a good question. It's important to sort of define, historically, what the Camaro has always been, and why it was popular: for a long time, it was a lot of power, in a pretty basic package, for not a lot of money. I have a 99 Z28, and despite all rational evidence that tells me the car sucks, I love it.

Phenomenal drivetrain aside, it's kind of an awful vehicle. The ergonomics are awful. The visibility is awful. The ride is awful. The build quality is awful. It manages to be too heavy and too plastic at the same time. The rear seat is silly. It looks like a jelly bean. It was the last car (that I can think of, anyway) to think that people still liked T-tops.

But the car is so ridiculously simple that in a way, it's actually kind of charming. Sort of like a rotary phone: you know it's incredibly outdated, but it's so far out of date it's actually kind of cool to have something like that around. It doesn't have traction control or cruise control. You could buy one with manual windows and no rear defroster, even.

And this is where the new Camaro is a total failure. It tries to be something it isn't; it's GM's version of Pygmalion. They're trying to get rid of its redneck accent, but they forgot to put it in an evening gown and not a tubetop.

Where's the Camaro with manual windows and no defroster? Where's the solid axle? Why is it as big as an Impala? We all know what a Camaro is, and what a Camaro should be. This one isn't it. It may be a decent car in its own right, but it shouldn't be named Camaro.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/21/12 8:33 p.m.

That is hideous.

Is the 7th gen going to be a gigantic ugly third gen with a huge ass?

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
2/21/12 8:42 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: That is hideous. Is the 7th gen going to be a gigantic ugly third gen with a huge ass?

I think you meant second gen

Third gen =

alex
alex SuperDork
2/21/12 8:47 p.m.

^^ HalfTrac got it right. 7:3 :: 6:2

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b5dYJ7XHndr6ImQ9FekTOqyFGmnoVCzpMBRj6H9qviq3jcu1rBdCJo7cgbQl437j