Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
3/27/20 6:22 p.m.

Has anyone made the jump from a phone to a standalone smartwatch?  I make zero calls and text my wife occasionally.  My phone is basically a camera at this point but I have a really nice camera sitting and collecting dust.  I can still use my phone with wifi which is almost everywhere I go, including my car.

I was looking at the new Apple Watch but I'm not set on anything yet.  Thoughts from the crowd?

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Watch-GPS-Cellular-40mm/dp/B07XR6GNCK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=Apple%2BWatch&qid=1582317917&sr=8-4&linkCode=sl1&tag=houseorg-20&linkId=d83acfe5ab6e351bd1de66b28207ae32&language=en_US&th=1

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/27/20 6:51 p.m.

Can't speak to the Apple watch specifically, but I've had various smartwatches, including Wear OS, Fitbit OS, and now Samsung Gear. I like them, but they are a supplement to a phone, not a replacement, IMO. I use them for counting steps, looking at notifications, and, of course, telling time. I have to think that doing anything more with one would be pretty painful.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/20 7:03 p.m.

All I know is, lose the Smar and the ch, and you've got a twat.

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
3/27/20 7:14 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler :

I can't have any electronics at work at all so 8 hours of my day is without a phone.  I currently have a Garmin watch that has notifications, weather, HR monitor, etc.  But I still have to carry the phone around with it.  I've been thinking it would be really nice to not have to carry the phone and now it's a possibility.  I can't stand facebook and I waste too much time on instagram.  I'm thinking getting rid of those things would be a positive.  The only real downside for me is not have a camera in my pocket all the time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ST766FkocTnRahfB2lAs7OURbXkjGYs5og6lky232C7aIp1GGaFwStnQ1UhawNyl