1 2
stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
6/5/15 5:44 p.m.

Excellent! Hopefully that's the end of it. For the record, my dealings with the IRS on my fraudulent return fiasco has been very good, other than being on hold for long periods when I've called - the people I talked to were all very helpful and friendly.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
6/5/15 6:55 p.m.

The same thing happened to us last year, there was a simple error that said we owed a large amount of money rather than the IRS Owing us a large amount. We called, they said "our bad," and fixed it.

30 days later, another letter. Another call. Another "our bad."

Three more visits to the IRS and 6 months later and it was finally fixed, and the check was in my hands.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/7/15 9:25 p.m.

I also received a letter with a mistake in my tax information, and I e-filed. Somewhere in the database, they dropped one of my wife's jobs, which accounted for about 5k of taxes now "owed." They also found I had missed a form worth about 1k, which then put me into the next bracket so my child deduction was now worth $200 less :(

So, I wrote a nice letter saying what happened, included a copy of my W4s, said that we both made a mistake, mine was for $200, and theirs was for $4000. A few weeks later I got a letter back saying where to mail a check for $200, and that the other issues were noted and taken care of. That was all.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pVdP1byTjPxgyqyS1PMP0uYYdCHtQE0DYBF6AWRW6yKRcv2g0r52IaWvSRFcl71C