1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 43
Gary
Gary UberDork
9/4/22 6:26 p.m.

Sorry, but I didn't pay too much attention to the high-end things being judged by the uppity elites in blue blazers, white shirts and khaki pants (sweating their butts off in the heat and humidity) on the Sam Posey Straight.  So I concentrated on the other stuff around the rest of the track.

Got Corvettes? Starting at the Sam Posey bridge, through Big Bend, and into the esses. As my old German colleague would have said, this was "a hell of Corvettes."

Got Bimmer 2002's:

Got Vintage Volvos?

Got Minis?

Got Miatas?

Got an Elva Courier?

Got a road registered Turner?

Got patina?

(That's my friend Howie on the bike in the background).

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/4/22 7:43 p.m.

OK that is cool...I went to LimeRock several times a year in the early 80s.  His team had the only semi in the paddock; there was a Corvette team with a 40ft bus, and most other racers had open trailers.  I remember the announcer talking about a CSR or DSR Mazda rotary powered car whose backup engine was in his truck that towed there.

We would usually set up on the hill by the esses and walk around the infield. 

Portland Grand Prix! Awesome tickets/hospitality tent/pit passes thanks to my awesome boss! It's been probably 20 years since I've seen Indy Cars live. 'Twas a pretty good day. smiley

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/22 7:01 a.m.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/5/22 6:48 p.m.

Driving the Crosstrek in a parade.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/5/22 7:43 p.m.

New soffit and fascia on my tired old garage. 

I'll be putting on a new roof in 2 weeks.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/22 12:17 p.m.

Did an autocross and went on a bike ride on the Humber river trail in Toronto, all the way down and back up...legs were toast after that.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
9/10/22 7:28 p.m.

Just landed at our hotel in Anaheim. Next two days are going to be expensive. Kids will love it. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/10/22 8:27 p.m.

Friday afternoon, Taylor Brooke Winery (Woodstock, CT) for a tasting:

Then 85 Main in Putnam, CT, for more wine and dinner:

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/10/22 8:33 p.m.

Saturday, Farmington (CT) Polo Club event. VIP tent, appetizers and open bar, courtesy of our great friends at Essex Financial Advisors.

Then, a Beefeater martini for me and Tito's on the rocks for Annie before dinner at the bar at our hotel, the Delamar, in West Hartford:

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/10/22 9:44 p.m.

fixed dad's diesel, did a bunch of welding and grinding on the naskart, hung with brother Dallas. 

Tomorrow is fuel cell day.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
9/10/22 11:09 p.m.

Well so far I broke in a Classic Motorsports T-shirt installing a new Clutch into a Miata. You should have seen the back!  :0)

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
9/11/22 12:01 a.m.

Took Mom to her "Baby" sister's 80th Birthday party in Ok. City. Man that was a rip roaring time.  Actually did have a good time. Got to see cousins I haven't seen in 25-30 years. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/22 9:17 a.m.

Went to my parents house to figure out why it filled with smoke. 

The downstairs air handler may need a few parts. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
9/11/22 11:38 a.m.

Working a true 24.  berkeley am I tired.

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/11/22 9:34 p.m.

We had a great evening back in RI after Farmington polo yesterday. We had our friend Howie over for dinner (clams and swordfish on the charcoal grill). Then we played "battle of the bands" where we each selected our favorite songs and played them. Fun evening. Howie has gone home. Now we're chilling out:

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/22 12:20 a.m.

Replaced the rock sliders and step things on the wife's h2. Then put fluid film on the whole frome and floors

Some range time with a couple friends. 

bbq some burgers

Oh had 7 trees removed from my property on Saturday. It was fun to watch them do that. A combination of climbing and rope work mixed with a big crane.  I kept all the oak and maple logs and had everything else chipped. 

removed the Saab ECU to be sent off for replacement. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/22 9:23 a.m.

Did some work on the Toyobaru, and then had to switch to doing work on the family beater van, which seems to be becoming a vehicular basketcase since the radiator blew open a few months ago...

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/12/22 9:42 a.m.

Fixing a leak on the skidsteer. Replaced 4 o-rings with no improvement. Ended up having to get a new hose and now it doesn't pi$$ like a puppy anymore. Because having an older skidsteer and doing occasional maintenance & repairs is way better than a shovel & wheelbarrow any day!!!!

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/17/22 5:13 p.m.

Annie's birthday was Friday. I wanted to take her to dinner somewhere we've never been. And I wanted her to be impressed. So we went to a restaurant called Anya's in Thompson, CT. She was impressed.

They even had a penis for entertainment.

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/17/22 5:17 p.m.

Saturday we went out for fall decorations:

Annie's handiwork back at home:

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
9/17/22 7:44 p.m.

Currently I'm doing this. Check back in a few hours, and I'll be doing this. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/17/22 9:01 p.m.

Took the XJR out for a drive. Put 13 miles on it. Few miles from the house decided to get some gas and.....it's still at the gas station. I'm so over this car lol

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/18/22 8:14 a.m.

Between Covid, unrelated broken bones, work and, this year, looking after the club's property, I haven't run a competition event on a bike in way too long.

I've been working up to it the last month, and today I'm running a 2hr hare scramble. If it goes well I'll sign up to run the 6hr next month. I may need some luck, this one is supposed to be a bit nasty

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/22 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

A road-registered Turner, you say? Why yes, yes I do! This guy lives in my sub. Less than 100 imported something like 55-60 years ago.

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZatHl7dmh4vW8OJKYdCxors3RVVZ7SVlFz9hLudGAlU0BjsgRpYXJ6e9NWZnz4Bk