1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
10/2/22 6:21 p.m.

I took a pie to the face. Twice. 

Spent the weekend at camp with Queso Kids 1 and 2 as part of the YMCA Princess Program. Had a blast! 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
10/2/22 6:47 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm taking Hot For Teacher to the farm in WV next weekend.  I'm going to give her all 124 acres.

pictures Broheen.....

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
10/2/22 6:49 p.m.

burying dead katz from the colony that has adopted us...........

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/2/22 6:54 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

My dad was involved with that back in the old days (70's) with my younger siblings.  They all loved it.

I watched some of the SCCA Rainoffs 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/22 7:45 p.m.
759NRNG said:

I'm taking Hot For Teacher to the farm in WV next weekend.  I'm going to give her all 124 acres.

pictures Broheen.....

The rest are NSFW.  And, no... I won't post pictures of my 124 acres.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/2/22 8:09 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Well the weather is pure E36 M3 thanks to Ian so I'm going to hang out inside with my dog and be a lazy piece of crap.  I think I'll try and finish a book, but other than that it'll probably be light chores, a few workouts, and video games.

I didnt finish my book, but I did the rest.  Also spent way too much time learning Blender and trying to mod cars for Assetto Corsa.  Getting there, but damn it is a cumbersome process.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/2/22 8:19 p.m.

I got my tractor stuck about 8 times trying to clean up Ians mess. My yard has turned to pudding in places. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
10/2/22 8:36 p.m.
759NRNG said:

pictures Broheen.....

The rest are NSFW.  And, no... I won't post pictures of my 124 acres.

Rock on my brother.....way sweet dude

Gary
Gary UberDork
10/2/22 8:45 p.m.

What I didn't do this weekend: attend Audrain Motor Week and Concours in Newport, RI. Annie and I normally would've done Friday's event at Rough Point. I would've done a couple car-related seminars Saturday afternoon in the International Tennis Hall of Fame auditorium on Bellevue Ave. And we would've gone to the Concours d'Elegance on the grounds of the Breakers mansion today. However, I've known for months that this was not going to be, since nephew Henry was getting married this weekend. So Friday was the rehearsal dinner in New Bedford, MA. Saturday was the wedding at their family compound on the water in South Dartmouth, MA. And today was brunch at the same place. It was fun:

l-r: Annie, DIL Andrea, nephew Alex who officiated the ceremony with tongue out in the background, and a random wedding crasher on the right mooching free wine laugh.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
10/2/22 9:02 p.m.

Moseyed up to Cincy for an autocross today.   I drove poorly and failed to deliver a solid run without mistakes but managed to beat my co-driver by 0.018 seconds and finished 5th of 175 drivers.

It's enough to feel a bit better about my abysmal showing at Nationals a couple weeks back.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/2/22 9:21 p.m.

Cleaned up most of Ian with my neighbor.  Threw out a bunch of stuff from the fridge.   Washed and waxed the car again. Got ready for the week.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/3/22 8:45 a.m.

The remnants of Ian (boo me?) have kept me indoors for the most of the weekend. I did pre-run the route for the upcoming America's British Reliability Run in a few weeks on Saturday.  This year we're doing a "clover leaf" style run based out of Gettysburg, PA. So I ran the Day 1 and Day 2 routes (Day 3 is the self-guided auto tour of the battlefield).  Finishing up in the dark.  Let's just say I was reminded of how colder temps + wet roads + autocross tires on the MINI + darkness = a few butt-clinching moments. Hopefully the weekend of the run is drier and maybe a bit warmer as the NT-05 tires on the TR8 look even less rain-friendly than the Star Specs on the MINI.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/22 11:09 a.m.

I did this

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/22 10:16 p.m.

Went for a ride around Highland Creek Park and the Scarborough bluffs:

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
10/3/22 11:21 p.m.

Well here is proof that you can reinstall a rear window on a Miata convertible. A lot of time cleaning with a concoction of glue removers. Some vinyl cleaner. Vice grips and two overnight drying times of the windshield urethane. I performed this act a couple of weekends ago but I wanted the sun to test the cure before posting this. It doesn't leak and I didn't have to buy a new top. 

Folgers
Folgers Reader
10/15/22 9:09 p.m.

Done with with blanc last weekend on to Gris this week. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/22 7:29 a.m.

In reply to Folgers :

Haha, my wife thought the top pic was pot and wondered why the bottom was all black. "Maybe it's purple haze?" she said.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
10/16/22 9:23 a.m.

Celebrating Katie's marriage to Miles!! (Yes, he is very much a car guy and yes, we are thrilled.)

Margie

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
10/16/22 12:17 p.m.
MyMiatas said:

Well here is proof that you can reinstall a rear window on a Miata convertible. A lot of time cleaning with a concoction of glue removers. Some vinyl cleaner. Vice grips and two overnight drying times of the windshield urethane. I performed this act a couple of weekends ago but I wanted the sun to test the cure before posting this. It doesn't leak and I didn't have to buy a new top. 

That picture makes me happy to be male with reminders of the gynecologist.

grafmiata
grafmiata UltraDork
10/16/22 12:44 p.m.

Original plan was to hibernate for the week, but got a last-minute call to crew for Alliance Autosport on their GT-2 Camaro at Mid-Ohio. 

Last autocross for the season at PIR.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/16/22 4:06 p.m.

Got comps to the Velocity invitational as Laguna Seca. Really a motorheads fantasy. A lot of rare vintage vehicles as well as some neat modern stuff. 

I really enjoy events that combine the new with the old.

Folgers
Folgers Reader
10/16/22 4:19 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Lol. People passing by have stopped in thinking the same. This is on the family farm,my old man has nine acres of wine grapes planted. 

We had the F15s (?) fly over five or six times before the packer game today. 

Edit: they were a lot closer than the picture makes it look. Dad swears he saw a pilot wave to him. 

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
10/16/22 4:24 p.m.

I bought a challenge priced camper and it came with the usual camper problems so I started working on that before it goes in winter storage. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
10/16/22 7:52 p.m.

This is the stuff from the ground. The stuff that eats the stuff from the ground has already been cooked. This little grill is the best $17 I ever spent. 

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hHPhZMh8C0yztz3Yd9SDOm96AH07qQ0fwmPtuaPdteTYmhQTaFcygIkqVDMWkeux