1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 43
Gary
Gary UberDork
12/31/22 7:41 p.m.

Well, it is New Year's Eve. Annie and I are at our local pub "Bill's." So we are wishing everyone on this thread Happy New Year!

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/31/22 7:45 p.m.

Blowing stuff up

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
1/1/23 9:40 p.m.

Played Auld Lang Syne on my soprano sax on the steps of the Ouray, Colorado Elks lodge for the crowd during the fireworks display at midnight last night.  Nothing like the echoes of fireworks off the mountains in a light snow, it was amazing.  Hope this foretells an awesome new year.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
1/1/23 10:16 p.m.

Same thing as we’ve been doing for the past week, sleeping in, taking walks and generally just hanging out.  I haven’t set an alarm in something like 10 days and have tomorrow off as well. 05:15 Tuesday morning should be interesting.  cheeky

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/2/23 2:15 a.m.

I spent the weekend burning jet fuel and saving lives for holiday pay and spent the money on car parts.

Gary
Gary UberDork
1/2/23 10:27 p.m.
Jim Pettengill said:

Played Auld Lang Syne on my soprano sax on the steps of the Ouray, Colorado Elks lodge for the crowd during the fireworks display at midnight last night.  Nothing like the echoes of fireworks off the mountains in a light snow, it was amazing.  Hope this foretells an awesome new year.

Jim, I wish I could have been there to experience that! Sounds like a great time. And I love soprano sax. (Well, all sax. I'm currently listening to Lester Young on Pandora).

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/23 1:01 p.m.

Friday again and I got Covid so it will be an indoor weekend.  I think I will finally try an organize a couple if bins where I have been putting small boxes of car parts and pieces.  Like when you need one agrees fitting and you have to get the box with 10 and all the nuts and bolts packages that you get because you are too lazy to search through the pile in the bucket on the floor.  Hopefully a productive project.  I may also find things I forgot I have.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/3/23 1:29 p.m.

Saturday I'll do front brakes on the civic, bleed the clutch again on the Miata and possibly work on something else (the whole fleet needs work). Then I'll cook for the family on Saturday night.

Sunday, seven hour round trip to South Georgia. Motorsports Park for an auto cross. Seven Hours drive time six minutes of competition. Makes perfect sense to me!

Gary
Gary UberDork
2/3/23 6:36 p.m.

It's c-c-c-cold in Southern New England. By 4:00 am tomorrow with temp and wind, the wind chill will be minus 40 F. So I won't be doing anything outside. Tonight we're at Valley Country Club having cocktails. This'll probably be the entire weekend MO. laugh

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
2/3/23 7:09 p.m.

Saturday I have 5 hours scheduled with my flight instructor.  Sunday I'm taking my first stab at aluminum TIG welding.   

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/3/23 7:17 p.m.

Update

Funeral - cousins kid - gonna suck - 27 YO man - SCRATCH THIS - I came home from work with a mild cold so it's best I not head over and hug all of the wife's family.

argue with wife about east cold actual temperatures versus wind chill factor - I toke a Covid test due to cold and the wife argues they are not accurate and/or it takes days to show up on the test. More arguing as she wears a face mask. 

get lucky - don't imagine this is going to happen due to the two above statements 

now I'm heading over to Menards......

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/3/23 7:32 p.m.

Guitar show, non-car photo shoot, camera store visit. Good times. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/23 8:02 p.m.

Looking at mountain property with my father and brother. We need a place to get away from the summer heat and rising water. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/3/23 8:48 p.m.

Heading to the keys in the morning! Sunshine, ocean, fish, etc. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/4/23 7:25 a.m.
dculberson said:

Heading to the keys in the morning! Sunshine, ocean, fish, etc. 

That's awesome. 

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
2/4/23 8:05 a.m.

It's -10F outside and the heat in my living room isn't working this morning. Got the pellet stove going but the corners in the basement where the pipes come up is chilly.

So, I'll be praying to all the dieties and gathering my plumbing supplies while I'm wait and see what happens as it warms up today. I don't see any split pipes yet.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
2/4/23 8:06 a.m.

See friends with kid today, while they still live within an hour of us.

See family tomorrow, who lives an hour away

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/4/23 8:47 a.m.

Watching the 6 Nations Rugby tournament.

Freezing! It's just a bit chilly out this morning.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
2/4/23 1:03 p.m.

Beer & Bathurst GT race. 12hrs, IIRC.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/4/23 1:14 p.m.

3D Printing some stuff

Designing other stuff

Playing some video games

Meal prepping

Reading

If I am feeling ok tomorrow I might lift for the first time in 1.5 weeks

Overall a super chill weekend.

Today is day 14 of being sick for me and it has really lingered in my lungs. So I went out on a bike ride in the boonies and I coughed and I spit and I pumped all of the crud out of my lungs. I died twice and got dizzy several times but feel so much better afterwards. I can finally breathe easy for the first time in weeks. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/4/23 2:29 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado :

Same.

Gary
Gary UberDork
2/4/23 7:07 p.m.

So it's still extremely cold here in SoNE this weekend. (BTW, "NE" does not mean Nebraska). Yesterday I posted a pic with Annie and me having cocktails at Valley Country Club in RI. I stated that that would probably be our MO for the weekend. So yes, true to my word, here is our Saturday night at Bill's:

Annie has Tito's with ice. I'm having the Ploes bottle of wine, which is a nice Greek Cabernet/Merlot blend, much like a Bordeaux. Well, I'm a sucker for good Bordeaux, so I like this Greek clone. (Owner Bill is Greek, and knows his wine).

Older pic of owner Bill with Annie and me in warmer weather. I was drinking some kind of white wine:

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/23 8:56 p.m.
Toyman! said:

Looking at mountain property with my father and brother. We need a place to get away from the summer heat and rising water. 

16 degrees this am when we made our 1st stop. That was a bit cold. Pretty country though. 

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S3ZNtA3PCfwAWMYf5hmgArH2CF8O9C8fUZd2N6J7tjxGiGW0UkinuLflLmhTIRVf