1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 43
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/26/23 11:04 p.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/23 8:22 a.m.

Saturday I went to my parent's house and replace all 4 of their junk garage door openers with modern DC drive openers. I also programmed the Homelink buttons in my mom's car to open the doors and gate. 

Sunday I cleaned up around the shop, helped my son change an axle in his Sedona, and rescued a couple of friends from the side of the interstate after they blew a tire on their RV. 

May be an image of road

All in it was a pretty good weekend. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
4/2/23 7:36 p.m.

Well, pretty much the same as last weekend: MX-5 drive in NE CT, and ended up in Putnam. First, a couple beers at the brew pub:

Then dinner next door at 85 Main:

(Annie had the scallops and I had the swordfish at 85 Main. And I brought some of the wine home).

So next time we do this again, I'll take the important pics of the drive, the roads, and the scenery, and post them. laugh

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
4/2/23 7:46 p.m.

BellTech took us from this:

To this:

And some light machining to get the adaptors just right got us this:

I finished up the restoration on my 1934 Maytag washing machine engine. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/23 8:32 p.m.

A little classified testing, pics of the completed project to come in the next couple months devil

I've been doing a ton of maintenance work on my truck and one of the things I had been dragging my feet in was addressing a minor oil leak. Very minor but it would occasionally put a drop on the ground where it was parked. 

grafmiata
grafmiata UltraDork
4/9/23 8:05 a.m.

Hopefully my buddy and I will finally finish wrapping his race car.

Gary
Gary UberDork
4/9/23 7:52 p.m.

Easter dinner at son Jason's house. (Great authentic Polish food). And an Easter egg hunt for the granddaughters. And we had a chance to see the most handsome beagle in the Northeast ... Charlie:

Charlie is laid-back, loves bacon-flavored chew toys, and the warm Spring sun. Cool guy.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/23 7:55 p.m.

The weekend was wet and cold.

Saturday morning I went to look at a house my daughter is considering buying. Then I rebuilt the hinges on my Father's dump trailer and repaired a broken fender mount so he could tow it to the mountain property to do some work. 

Sunday was church and dinner with the family. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/9/23 8:04 p.m.

Five yards of mulch?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/23 8:06 p.m.

Looked at a Miata yesterday (unimpressed) but at least got to go on a 10h road trip, which helped clear my head a bit.

Decided to revamp my office today to fix a major ergonomics issue. It looks like I'll have it mostly back together for work tomorrow but it looks like a bomb went off in here.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
4/9/23 8:54 p.m.

Dropped the drive train out of a Miata. Now to get er out from under the body

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/9/23 10:32 p.m.

Mtn bike rides both days. I haven't done that in...  more months than I care to admit.  Legs are cooked.  Fortunately, the weather is finally starting to warm up a bit in NH, so I'm hoping to get a couple of road rides in after work.   Four months until the enduro race in MD I have already registered for... 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/9/23 11:32 p.m.

Saturday, autocross fun runs in my Miata with the Citrus chapter of the PCA. I have been announcing for my work assignment with them, which is fun.

I experimented with my tires, changing back to the Rivals after running on the new RE71rs tires for a few months. THERE'S NO GOING BACK! The Bridgestones are so much better. 

Sunday, went for a walk with my wife and daughter at the wilderness area, took a nap and cooked dinner. Finished out the evening with some technology videos with the family and studying Spanish. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
4/16/23 8:08 p.m.

Annie and I took a drive to Logee's Greenhouse in Danielson, CT, home of CT's oldest indoor lemon tree (around 1900) and it's still producing fruit. I bought a Meyer lemon tree there a few years ago and it now has about six lemons on it in our sunroom. I wanted a fig tree.

My new fig tree:

Then we shot over to Putnam, CT, for a late lunch/early dinner at "The Crossings," a pub in the old train station:

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/16/23 8:11 p.m.

Yard work and Chevrolet Silverado work.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
4/16/23 8:45 p.m.

MotoGP at COTA. Amazing racing in every class!

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/16/23 9:20 p.m.

Im currently awaiting four different packages to arrive from RockAuto. I'm gearing up to do some projects on my truck. 

In the meantime, while I'm waiting for all of that, I worked on my 1951 Schwinn Hornet. I've been slowly building it up from a bare frame. The trick is finding proper vintage parts in the proper color with similar wear and tear to match the frame. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/16/23 9:46 p.m.

Work Saturday, autocross with the Jacksonville guys, the Buccaneer SCCA Solo chapter at Amelia Island. 

This is their last year for access to the airport, and I am hoping to get to all four of the events. 

It was supposed to rain, so I left the Miata home and drove Vtec Slow, my 140 HP Civic. I was so impressed with the performance of the new Bridgestones on my Miata that I bought a set for the civic too. Won my class by a full second (only two other drivers). 

I hit some rain on the way, but this was the weather that we had for the day. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
4/16/23 10:21 p.m.

Got my E46 running again. It's a small victory.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/23 10:54 p.m.

Hung out with family a bit, went for a couple bike rides, also trashed a bike wheel that won't be quick or cheap (by my standards for bike parts) to replace unfortunately...

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/17/23 12:08 a.m.

Went down to Buttonwillow to run the 6 hour NASA WERC enduro.  First time I'd driven on the track in the dark -- it's kinda spooky :)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/17/23 9:29 a.m.

Arguing with DW, apparently.

Gary
Gary UberDork
4/22/23 7:59 p.m.

Tech session with the British Motorcars Club of New England (BMCNE), of which I'm a member. Today's objective was to replace the old Weber DGV with a new one on club-member Howie's '74 Spitfire. Great attendance and a ton of British car knowledge.

"Some modification required:"

Results were successful. Nice smooth-running/nice idling Spitfire. Great tech session.

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BW6W0kIhr5SPYt07eqLZgmON7gm7e1QLs4vhpyqyn5ARF8eRPzdxpbgkUobcSjKm