1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 43
QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/23 5:32 p.m.

Corvetting. 

Crxpilot
Crxpilot HalfDork
5/6/23 7:31 p.m.

Trying dry pour concrete on a small section of driveway.  This vid is pretty motivational...

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/6/23 7:44 p.m.

So after the grand daughter's softball game this morning I came home and assembled the yard cart I picked up earlier in the week from HF. I had used my 25% discount coupon.

Then went to Walmart for some supplies. The cart came in handy. (Future plans call for a home-made stake body for this thing).

Tomorrow Annie and I are doing a round-about road trip to Putnam in the MX-5. So I'll have a few car-appropriate pics from the back roads of CT.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/6/23 11:09 p.m.

Breaking in the new bike.

Yesterday was wash and wax and detail my truck and daily driver.

Today I think I'm going to drop the column in my Corvette and address the looseness in the tilt pivots.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
5/7/23 10:42 a.m.

Early Mother's Day weekend at my moms.  Helped her do a bunch of chores, now relaxing most of today.

the lake was smooooooth today

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/7/23 7:38 p.m.

Annie and I spent the afternoon cruising around the Quiet Corner of CT in the MX-5. We picked up CT State Route 169 in Canterbury and followed it north into Woodstock. Then we circled around through Pomfret and finally ended up in Putnam for dinner. Some pics (driving pics are from Annie's POV in the co-pilot's seat):

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/23 11:33 a.m.

Did a track night late Friday:

Then went on a ride on trails around Toronto on Saturday. Randomly joined in on a "Revenge of the 6th" group ride I ran into laugh

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/23 11:56 a.m.

Saturday ended up being pretty productive. 

I started the morning building an 8" bucket for the mini excavator. That gives me a 12" digging bucket and an 8" trenching bucket. 

20230506_105836.jpg

20230506_121831.jpg

My eldest son spent the morning changing the valve cover gaskets on his 08 Sedona. 

Then we patched a tire on the rear of his Suburban.

Next on the hit parade was the Abomination. It's been sitting in the front garage for several years. My eldest and youngest sons and my grandsons have decided it's time to do some autocrossing. Dug out, dusted off, new battery, and new fuel. We only had to drag it down the driveway to get it to fire after I flooded it. 

20230506_145654.jpg

Sunday was the autocross. 4 drivers, 3 cars. Everyone had fun and all the cars were still running at the end of the event. I even managed a 1st in FS. I'll call that a successful day. 

Now I'm at work trying to not take a nap. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/23 1:26 p.m.

Saturday finally finished installing the new baseboard on the living floor of our house, 2 years after the flooring project started.  Sunday fixed the exhaust, cleaned and installed the summer wheels on the SAAB convertible.  Also replaced the rear brakes on the 2010 9-5 and cleaned up the rear wheels.  In the process of turning the pistons back into the calipers the pin sheered in my HF brake tool so I had to rig it with a cut off machine screw.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/8/23 4:37 p.m.

Zero car stuff, actually: Agent Orange with Suzi Moon in Sanford, Florida, and then Saturday up on Jax at Kona Skatepark.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/8/23 5:18 p.m.

So not this weekend, but Sunday before last. I got to cash in my b-day from my wonderful Fiance. She got us meet and greet tickets to the Mastodon and Gojira show. Here is us trying hard to not to fan girl too hard for our favorite band. We would go see the show again right now, the sound, the lights, they sounded great. The guys seemed much more relaxed and fun then when I did the meet and greet with them in Nashville in 2014. 

All super down to earth, really nice guys, who happen to be insanely talented musicians. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/12/23 8:39 p.m.

We like Valley Country Club on Friday evenings. Usually the bar, but the weather tonight is great and the patio is open for the season. 

This ham by the name of Kalifornia Karl is the entertainment tonight. He claims he's really from California. He looks a bit like The Dude.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
5/12/23 10:03 p.m.

Short vacation eating primo Northern New Mexican food and visiting museums in Santa Fe!  Life is good!

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/12/23 10:19 p.m.

Workin' at NJMP...   It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it:

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/12/23 11:38 p.m.

Asked wife what she wanted for Mother's Day a couple weeks back, "well actually we're planning a trip to SLC to visit height school friends for the weekend" which translated to her, her mom and sister doing a girls weekend, leaving me with the kids and dog for three days. So I'm doing my best to not burn anything down. Actually having some fun being the cool parent. We hit the roller rink, got some ice cream (before dinner) and had pizza and a movie night. Then I let them camp in the living room so now I'm laying down at a reasonable hour, involuntarily cuddling the dog she let get in the habit of sleeping in our bed. I think tomorrow we visit my folks and maybe go swimming. And finalize plans for Sunday. Mother's Day is traditionally a bbq after church around here. 

and yes, after all my "learning the hard way", my kids are the only ones wearing helmets. She needs a bigger one I think. Maybe I add that to tomorrows list. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/13/23 4:18 p.m.

Tech session this morning on detailing with BMCNE. Basically some of the club members shared their favorite products and "best practice" techniques. We have a big show coming up next month in Bristol, RI, so this session was timely.

These two MG's received the most attention and ended up looking as if they were just driven off the showroom floor fifty years ago:

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/23 8:36 p.m.

My two boys, my dad and me went to the Carlisle Import show Friday.  On Saturday we went to the Antietam battlefield and are now on our way home. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/14/23 12:17 a.m.

Taking the weekend off from autocross. There's nothing within a few hundred miles, and today is my wife's birthday, so I'd rather be home anyway.

I've got to swap the rear brakes, change the oil and nut and bolt the civic too. Two autocross events and a track sprint next weekend, and the GRM track day is coming up soon.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/14/23 12:03 p.m.

First weekend after finishing my 2nd degree- I finally was able to finish a book I had started, but had to pause due to study requirements. Pratchett's The Truth is good but doesn't quite reach the heights of ones like Witches Abroad, but I'm really happy I finished a book straight out of the gate.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/14/23 12:12 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Taking the weekend off from autocross. There's nothing within a few hundred miles, and today is my wife's birthday, so I'd rather be home anyway.

I've got to swap the rear brakes, change the oil and nut and bolt the civic too. Two autocross events and a track sprint next weekend, and the GRM track day is coming up soon.

Never made it to the car work. I needed to clean the gutters on the garage, which also meant servicing the leaf blower, and pruning a tree that's encroaching from the neighbor's yard. Now it's noon, and I've got to take refuge indoors. I still have more to do outside later.

I'm off Monday, that's going to be the car work day.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/14/23 5:28 p.m.

Helped mom with her swingnasium project yesterday. Extended the top floor 12" on the sides. The long side has a slide and climbing wall that attach, and the opposite has the steps which attach where I didn't add. Swingset attaches adjacent to the ladder. Just need to notch the plywood for the new floor and extend the roof supports and railings. And paint. A Mother's Day gift of labor. 

and just because, a wide shot with a languishing racecar. 

poor Funderbird. At least it isn't rusting. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/23 10:31 p.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
5/14/23 11:14 p.m.

Lazy weekend.  Was going to finish my decking surface as well as buy a suit, but some medical stuff set me back there :(.  Say Guardians of the Galaxy 3 with my son and enjoyed it.

Our cool late-winter weather skipped spring and went straight to summer, so I went straight for a ride in the hills!

The remainder of the weekend was domestic chores like cleaning, a little drywall and painting, laundry, and the like.

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
INJxrKKha8AWtXECZeUpUIlnFMZoWd55a32H4H9uRuNxGweeQOi318FjAZYm9ZAI