1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 43
pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
5/15/23 12:19 a.m.

Started getting the bike ready for the trip to Gainesville for the Challenge.  New highway pegs mounted, electrical wiring and mounts set up for the GPS and USB charger, side cases mounted, and front wheel pulled so I can get a new front tire installed this week.  Also the dorkiest tall ugly windscreen setup I've ever seen is installed so I hopefully have some coverage for once. 

My next bike is going to be more touring oriented from the factory, I'm starting to wish for more comforts.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/15/23 7:18 a.m.

First camping trip of the year. I love the St. Lawrence River. Beautiful views

and you get to see the ships 

all at a state park for $30 a night. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/15/23 8:28 a.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

How about a picture or two?

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
5/15/23 10:25 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/23 5:33 p.m.

Got my replacement rear trail wheel early so went for a ride:

Also did some work on the Toyobaru.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot HalfDork
5/15/23 5:59 p.m.

Started spiraling into the online world of used drum sets.  Any online marketplace better than local FB/CL for a complete set?  They're for a 15 year-old and he may stick with them, but I'm looking cheap in case he doesn't.

Pic is my #1 choice so far and the auction ends soon.  I may win this and drag it home.  If not, where else do you see screaming deals on drums?

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/15/23 6:20 p.m.

In reply to Crxpilot :

I scour Craigslist and another local classified daily for drum and guitar stuff. Also a little more involved, but if you know anyone in your local music scene or any teachers, word of mouth does wonders. I bought my first two kits off Craigslist and my current set from a guy who wasn't actively selling but wanted the storage space. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/20/23 7:20 p.m.

This was Friday. Finally finished chipping up our yard waste from last October until now.

Had to get it done before the rain on Saturday. The great HF 6-HP machine, 8 years old, worked flawlessly.

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/20/23 7:25 p.m.

Today it's raining, so we assembled our new new "mid-century modern" yard furniture. Because it's raining we're in the garage:

From our POV: 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/20/23 8:13 p.m.

Got the water on in the island houses.  Season #55 has begun.  (Got to spend 2 days with my 87 yo father which is the best part.) 

Last night I spectated at the PIR stages of the Oregon Trail Rally with my shopmate. We snagged a primo viewing spot at the top of the infield grandstand at the chicane. The view above is looking 'backward' to the infield mixed-surface portion of the stage, and we could spin 180 to see the tarmac action through the chicane on the roadrace-course portion of the stage. One of my favorite events, saw a decent number of friends, and a beautiful evening to boot! Today was more mundane, but still gratifying; did some grocery shopping at the Farmers Market and knocked out a bunch of domestic chores.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/23 10:41 p.m.

Delivered some wheels, rode in an RB26 powered Skyline, watched a movie

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/23 10:42 p.m.
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) said:

Go on...

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/23 11:00 p.m.

I put on a fancy tie for our annual fundraiser at the theater.  Imagine herding 900 cats backstage for 10 hours during a one-day rehearsal process, then donning a suit, hob-nobbing with big money folks over champagne and eating canapes, bao, and lamb lollipops for a couple hours, then crewing the show in that same suit.

It was a glowing success.  We raised money, nobody died, and I stuffed myself with Beef Wellington an Lobster Ceviche.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/20/23 11:04 p.m.

Had a ton of landscaping and household chores to do so when my brother called and said "hey! My old e34 is for sale in Chicago" I said I do not have time to go get it with you. We made time. Got off work at 4:30, hit the road, drove out, grabbed it about 10:00, dropped it at his shop and pulled back in my driveway at 4:55. Slept til 8 and got most of what I wanted to get done done. Sweet.

It has been ridden hard since he sold it in 2016.

Plan to get the 300CE up in the air and test why the fuel delivery is wonky tomorrow.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Longtime Pacific NW rally competitor. Garth Ankeny/Russ Kraushaar. Garth owns Trackside Motorsports/ANT Tire, a fixture in the Portland-area motorsports scene. His Toyota Starlet has a Loyning's-built 7A-GE on sidedraught carbs, sequential straight-cut dog box, turreted rear shocks, AP Racing brakes. It sounds awesome, looks great, and goes pretty well too. One of my favorites, and I think it even carries a part or two off my beloved old AE86 (Garth bought a lot of my parts.) smiley

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/21/23 5:52 p.m.
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) said:

How about this one?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/21/23 6:46 p.m.

I had three events scheduled this weekend, autocross and track sprint at the Firm on Saturday, then an autocross at Amelia Island Sunday. 

I've been running myself hard for the last few weeks, so I just did the Sunday event.

Most importantly, I've got to be ready to do two extensive cancer surgeries (plus one of the dogs also has to be spayed and have a hernia repaired) on Tuesday. 

My other excuse for dropping Saturday is that I had done the rear brakes on my civic last weekend, and the 15 year old brake hardware needed to be replaced. I got the new ones in by Wednesday night, but I wasn't up for the do-over after getting home from work at 7-8 PM during the week.

Doing the job on Saturday morning without having to rush, work with a headlamp and shop light, and fight off the mosquitoes was a good choice. 

Still had a good day today, after someone told me I was hitting the first cone leaving the start on my first three runs. Guess what: a 2008 civic is wider than a Miata!

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

An unlikely rally car, and relatively new build. AMC AMX! This was built by Tim O’Neil, longtime competitor and founder of O’Neil rally school in New Hampshire. It is powered by an AMC V-8, and has BMW E36 M3 front suspension, brakes, and steering grafted on. The rear axle is a Ford 9 inch, located by a custom four link plus Watts link, and fancy rally shocks F+R. He put on a great sideways show!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/21/23 9:06 p.m.

My plan was to do the 100k mile service on my truck in preparation for a bunch of upcoming travel.  What I ended up doing was sleeping off the nasty cold I came down with.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/23 9:11 p.m.

Mounted the new post auger on the excavator. That's going to make life easier and a friend agreed to pay for it as long as he could borrow the excavator to replace his fence. 

I also picked up the underpinnings for the double decker trailer that's going behind the motorhome. It will also hold the Mustang or Miata for track weekends.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/22/23 11:44 a.m.

This weekend I'll be talking advantage of some of my built up PTO. Taking Friday and Tuesday off to make it a 5-day weekend. 

Goal is to spend Friday getting my side of the garage organized and cleaned up. Then get my home office organized and cleaned up (it's a disaster at the moment). I don't really have room for all the stuff I have packed in here. So going to try to see if I can figured out a way to make the space more useable and not feel quite so cramped. 

Then Monday hopefully have a few friends over and grill some burgers/brats/corn and enjoy 1 or more adult beverages. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/22/23 12:21 p.m.

Saturday we went up to Lancaster County, PA to check out some art / craft supply stores and a yarn shop.

Sunday we saw Guardians Vol 3.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/23 12:50 p.m.

Spent this past weekend muddingdrywall. Yay.

Spending this coming weekend cooking 45lbs of brisket, plus pork belly, bacon fried corn, mac n cheese, etc for the demons 8th birthday party. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/23 9:58 p.m.

Long weekend over here.  Did an autocross, this time with lots of dirt instead of water:

Also went for a ride:

1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WArPOePmUCBBuE9ex2OUwDoawbcn968S4We7KArbQMdj36RgoF53TUCjEQx1Yhsx