1 2
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/4/20 8:58 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
1988RedT2 said:
z31maniac said:

I'm a through and through hedonist. So I don't typically keep snacks in the house, because I know I'll eat them.

More people need to understand this.  I'm pretty self-disciplined, but if I'm near an open can of mixed nuts, it makes the endangered species list like right now.  Same applies to any vice.  The closer you are to temptation, the more you are tempted.

Drinking too much?  Leave the beer on the shelf at the store.  Snacking too much?  Don't buy snacks. 

Everyone has cravings.  The trick is to make sure that what's available is a healthy(er) alternative to the not-so-healthy ones.

The issue is when you live with someone who is the opposite.  Me ex would buy a package of some new flavor of oreos just to try one of them.  I would polish off the rest of the package within a day or two laugh

Thankfully that didn't really impact my weight, but it was definitely unhealthy.  Being single I have complete control over my pantry contents and its better

I totally understand, as my wife always keeps chips around, and I have two teenage boys.  My willpower is tested regularly.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/4/20 8:59 a.m.
Mndsm said:
1988RedT2 said:
bobzilla said:

I have nothing constructive to add here.... but I will say that every time I scroll past the title there is an "R" missing in my mind that makes this a completely different topic. 

Haha.  Great minds think alike. 

What do fidges have to do with this?

It took me a while, but I get it now.  Subtly humorous.  Well played.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ITBYR9XGCDBGNwbbhniJtFk31Kbl1RCKXLWf769unly8KC4btMtopWqOMfAk04jB