1 2 3
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/18/18 9:09 a.m.

If it's green, its mine. Mostly. This is 2 years old by the looks of the driveway. Her truck is outside, so I'm guessing this was around winter 2015/2016 when I had dad's truck in for the transmission. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/18/18 9:15 a.m.

A quick look at Google Maps gives an understanding of why cars in my back yard aren't a problem.  My house is the one with the angled temp garage in the back yard and you can see the crusty project 1800ES against the fence.  I'm pretty sure this picture is at least 2 years old. Maybe three. My neighbor is to the south.  The red car tucked into a corner is a salvage title GTO he bought to swap into one of their GM A-bodies (they have a couple of them).

Street view. Oh look - the cursed E30... which I believe I rid myself of back in 2013:

Judging by the recycling bins, I'd guess this was taken on a Friday morning.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/18/18 2:37 p.m.

How the hell are you guys getting road shots of your cars? 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 2:46 p.m.

Spot the google street view car while you are driving and remember where it was. Then wait for it to show up online. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/18/18 3:02 p.m.

No street view, blue truck and now scrapped grey truck are visible, as is the sketchy trailer of doom and enabling. GTA, Mustang, Saturn, and all other cars are hidden by trees. The 280ZX was inside. Now the leaves are gone, as is the grey truck, and the GTA is inside with the 280ZX.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/18/18 3:31 p.m.

Casa spitfirebill.  You can't see the dead Spitfire under the tarp. 

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
12/18/18 3:34 p.m.
EvanB said:

Spot the google street view car while you are driving and remember where it was. Then wait for it to show up online. 

Yep. Truth be told, I had completely forgotten about seeing the camera car until this thread popped up, but clearly I'd made a mental note of the location, so I knew exactly where to look. Went to Google Maps and there it was.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 3:44 p.m.

I didn't play the game this year because work is just too busy. 

I will say my house looks pretty normal from the front, just a cookie cutter house in a cookie cutter neighborhood. Except for that strip of concrete that disappears behind the house and the odd little vehicle that is visible. 

The over head tells a different story. This is a pretty old shot though. The F350 and Alaskan camper are long gone, as is the FB. The white boat in the front drive is the Super Coupe. It's still around but in a transition phase. Not sure where it will end up. The blue thing behind the shop is the Jet Boat. There isn't a bus to be seen so this is at least 3 years old. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/18 3:47 p.m.

Newest street view of mine 

Currently it looks much much different. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 4:36 p.m.
glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/18 4:49 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Wow, that's an awesome subdivision home - extra garage layout.  Very jelly.  If I was house searching and found that I think I would make an offer before ever going into the house.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/18/18 5:45 p.m.

laugh

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
12/18/18 6:47 p.m.
EvanB said:

Not my house but near my parents:

You have excellent taste in motorcycles.. :D

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 6:58 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

I wish i still had it. I'll own another some day.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 7:41 p.m.

Old photo, still doing work on the fountains and the ATV course, still finishing the man-cave out back.  Still no street view, gotta love gated private drives.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 7:47 p.m.

OK, just kidding (that's a neighbor's house).  My house is...

hidden behind a giant tree!

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
12/18/18 8:32 p.m.

Got me Pinch, I was like "Holy crap, dude's got a spread!"

Ya there's more cars in the garage and behind the house when this pic was taken several years ago. Been thinning the fleet since then.

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?size=640x640&pano=T-7qHe4OEtLhTbUjWKG4gw&heading=259.5241201234062&fov=71.1173281600879&pitch=1.7151184318800006

Edit: Hmmmm tried both direct and image links but neither worked.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/18 8:55 p.m.

No Street View of my house.sad

Maybe they're afraid to drive down dirt roads with their fancy camera cars.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/18/18 9:21 p.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

I cheat. I open Google Maps in another browser, then clip the picture using Snipping Tool, copy the snip, Crtl-V/paste into the comment window. Quick and easy picture. At least with Windows.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/18/18 9:47 p.m.

The homestead from above.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
12/19/18 2:17 a.m.

I'm actually on there twice in my current town & at least one other place elsewhere in the world. Hopefully I'm confusing Skynet.

In person (behind the guy in the white shirt) - https://goo.gl/maps/36pXCPTPuo82 <-- for some reason it's really hard to get me to show up at that location. There's pretty much only one corner spot where this set of imagery is available, and you have to fiddle around to get it. I AM NINJA GHOST.

In car (probably obvious which car) - https://goo.gl/maps/K2CDPikfLxP2

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/19/18 8:20 a.m.

Photo taken last summer.  No identifying vehicular elements in the shot.

My "victim" has an answer in his house shot.  That helps. :/

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
12/19/18 10:03 a.m.

Pic of the Shop and the house.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
12/19/18 10:18 a.m.

Apparently Earth is about 5 yrs old.  Dirt patch pre-Yuppie paradise.

Streetview is 2 yrs old.  Still shows my dearly departed Envoy.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/19/18 6:56 p.m.

There is no street view

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G4dbBTCfwef5mTfW7jv55xud2qygrJ5O78b3HAYODPkKlVGyp1ETGseOPevBZ7U2