1 2 3 4 ... 7
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/16/17 8:14 p.m.

This post season has been really good so far. My Bruins letting up a 2 goal lead to the Sens really hurts, as does the fact that they lose a defenseman every game is less than awesome though.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/16/17 9:09 p.m.

Well, guess we now know that Montreal can score without relying on broken sticks.
How can a team play at home, in the postseason, with no fire?

The Snow curse continues, teams I cheer for lose.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/17/17 8:32 a.m.

^^Please start rooting for the Sens, please!!!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/17/17 8:54 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Man, the Hawks looked like a hot bag of ass last night.

No kidding.

The underlying numbers show that they should be killing the perds, but Rinne isn't acting like Ol' E36 M3 hip that we've come to know and love.

Of course, when you give up 27 goals it doesn't matter.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/17/17 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

I've been cheering for the Sens!
Their being my tertiary focus is shielding them from the full impact of my powers.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/17/17 10:51 a.m.

Penguins still look good....

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/17/17 2:31 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: In reply to Mazdax605: I've *been* cheering for the Sens! Their being my tertiary focus is shielding them from the full impact of my powers.

Priorities Mutha berkeleyer!! We need all the help we can get.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
4/17/17 9:30 p.m.

SPOILER .
. . . .

Leafs and Sens BOTH win in OT - both 4-3!!!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/17/17 9:59 p.m.

I'd actually like to see the Leafs win it all. Stranger things have happened.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
4/17/17 10:43 p.m.

I'm getting tired of watching the Caps do the same E36 M3 over and over again in the playoffs. I have no idea why they play so poorly but it gets old fast.

Still didn't stop my dumb ass from shelling out the cash and driving two and a half hours to go to game 2.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/18/17 8:14 a.m.

I think it's fair to say at this point, the hawks cup window is officially closed. The core is now too old, and it is time for a rebuild. Sure, they could make a run next year or the year after, but the miles have stacked up too high on the big 3 D, Hosea, and Toews. It just won't be happening.

I hope I'm wrong.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/18/17 11:21 p.m.

Sharks with the touchdown and extra point!! Wow, they've really opened up a can of whoop-ass tonight!!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/18/17 11:25 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

11 left in the third, 13 Sharks have points tonight.
Nuts.

Unrelated, my Rangers decided to play tonight - very happy since I don't think they had a chance in hell of coming back from the deficit they'd have accrued by losing tonight.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/18/17 11:27 p.m.

Seeing 7 goals already had me wondering, so I googled it...
Most Playoff Goals Scored by One Team in One Game: 13, by the Edmonton Oilers on April 9, 1987
Holy E36 M3.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/18/17 11:28 p.m.

I want the snowman...

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/17 12:10 a.m.

Too bad we couldn't have gotten some of those goals in games 2 and 3... :)

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/21/17 8:42 a.m.

Can't believe the Hawks were swept. My Bruins are toast too. The experts will tell you it's because of all the injuries on defense. I think that has something to do with it, but really it's the fact that they aren't getting any scoring from their best players. Pastrnak with 20 shot attempts, and only 2 on net!! WTF!?!? 1 goal in his last 23 playoff games from Marchand. Bergeron(my favorite player) has been invisible, and losing face-offs. Very un-Bergy like.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/21/17 10:48 a.m.

Pens advance...

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/21/17 11:18 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: Pens advance...

In other news... Water is wet!!

Dave
Dave Reader
4/21/17 12:07 p.m.

Watched the Ducks vs Flames series. Those Ducks must have several lucky horseshoes up their butts because they gained the advantage from every weird bounce or bad call. A pretty blatant high stick goal in game three was amazing - someone in NHL HQ hates the Flames I guess. I think the Ducks would have won the series but it should not have been 4-0.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/22/17 7:42 a.m.

Good thing the Bruins won last night- I thought the non-goal due to goalie interference was a bad call. It would have been pretty bad to get eliminated from that call.

If the caps win this series, I think the Pens will take them. I hate both teams, but the Caps just don't look that good. Not a surprise, really- given that they have consistently been one of the best regular season teams to bow out of the playoffs.

Once they get bounced, the conversations for what happens to them and the Hawks will be interesting.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/22/17 8:18 a.m.

This is probably the last chance for the Caps. They're going to have salary cap problems if they try to keep what they have now. Watched that game last night, both teams looked lousy. Leafs have played two stinkers in a row, and both were still one goal games. They might come out hard (or at least they'd better or they'll be done for the year) in the next game. They could still win it. The Caps just don't look that interested.

Goaltender interference call was a good one only because it was consistent with how they've been calling it all year. Bruins will be out in the next game.

jstand
jstand HalfDork
4/22/17 8:47 a.m.

Being a Bruins fan, I'm biased, but it seems like the officiating leaves something to be desired.

It seems like the officials were unwilling to make the hard calls last night.

They didn't make any call on the ice for the goaltender interference. No signal for goal, no signal for for "no goal", just a stoppage of play. So instead of the call being reviewed by HQ to determine if there was clear evidence to overturn the on ice call, there was no on ice call to review so the final call was made by HQ.

On the other questionable call they should have called Pageau for covering the puck in the crease, or at least given him credit for the glove save.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/22/17 8:52 a.m.

In reply to jstand:

Yea, that glove on the puck should have been called. Considering they can ADD a goalie interference call, they should be able to add a glove on the puck in the crease call. When he reached under his leg, that was it. Easy penalty shot call.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/22/17 6:43 p.m.

That should have been a penalty shot. The officiating has been bad in every game of the playoffs we've seen so far, and we've seen a lot of games

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YIIHn6cBSKWIidEZrWLZz3x6T4QignXFusugdnEESXnvEoUdHwqisaafnwnjkzcT