1 2 3 4 5 6 7
mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/27/17 5:28 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
I'm ok with PK winning it. I hope if he does that he takes the cup to the Bell Centre and flips the Canadians off.
Why would you say something like that ?

Because I dislike Bergevin. I'm kind of of the opinion that he traded PK because he's black and/or has a personality. (Note: that is not saying anything about Canadiens fans, who I perceive as some of the best fans in the NHL and generally mad about that trade)

No way to prove that, and there is very good chance I'm wrong. But that's my perception.

I've disliked Bergevin since his front office days with the hawks though too.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/27/17 6:45 p.m.

They traded him because, as good as he is, they really needed a defensive defenceman. Having the best goaltender in the world is not enough if the rest of the team is small and soft.

Edited to add, I don't know a single Habs fan, and I know far too many of them, that thinks that was a bad trade.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
4/27/17 9:11 p.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: Why is there soon much hatred towards them? I seriously have no idea.

The same reason people hate the Blackhawks, loudmouthed shiny happy person bandwagon fans. The majority of the douchebags talking E36 M3 would be nowhere to be found if the penguins still sucked.

The hate for Crosby is because the NHL has his dick placed firmly in their mouth and he gets away with entirely too much E36 M3.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/28/17 6:35 a.m.

Okay. I could buy that a bit.

The fans at the games are usually very nice and are welcoming to other teams fans.

The pens did win last night. I am surprised. I think this series will go 6 or 7 games.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/28/17 6:44 a.m.
jstand wrote:
alfadriver wrote:
wvumtnbkr wrote: Go pens. Life long fan of the pens. Why is there soon much hatred towards them? I seriously have no idea. I know sid seems like a whiner, but that's all I know of.
Things like this seem to happen pretty regularly with Crisby- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_tcRqpzYEg
Here's the one I find particularly cheap: Cup check

Yep, I could see those both being E36 M3ty plays. I get it.

It's not a great defense, but most players have done these sorts of things. There is some weird underlying hatred for sid that makes these plays and actions somehow more vile.

I guess it is probably the way I feel about the patriots. I don't know why I hate them.... I just do!

jstand
jstand HalfDork
4/28/17 4:11 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr:

I think part of the issue with Crosby was all the hype when he was drafted. The hype can be very polarizing for fans, and the early whining and now the cheap plays are just cannon fodder for those that don't like him or would normally be indifferent.

Someone with his talent should not need the E36 M3ty plays to be productive on the ice. The E36 M3ty plays just make him seem like a poor sport rather than highlighting his talent.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/29/17 6:11 p.m.

God damn it must be nice to cheer for a lucky team.
Too bad I'll never know, whatever team I cheer for is doomed to failure.

berkeleying Pageau

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/29/17 7:22 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: God damn it must be nice to cheer for a lucky team. Too bad I'll never know, whatever team I cheer for is doomed to failure. berkeleying Pageau

Agreed.

This series is closer than 2-0. Let's see how things go at MSG.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/29/17 7:40 p.m.

Can't believe the Sens took that game. They might just be a team of destiny.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
4/29/17 9:40 p.m.

I'm not even watching the caps in the second round. I saw enough of their dogE36 M3 in the first to know how it's going to turn out.

Honestly kind of hoping they don't even make it next year so the spot goes to a team that actually wants to be there.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/30/17 6:08 a.m.

In reply to Grizz:

Flury is in their head. They got so many shots, and great chances to start the game, and nothing.

And then they get Holtby in their heads-

Which means the caps play only half the game, or so...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/1/17 8:33 p.m.

Crosby out with a cross check. That changes things

Kylini
Kylini Dork
5/1/17 9:35 p.m.

BONUS HOCKEY! That was a crazy 2 minutes.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/4/17 11:26 a.m.

I think the Caps are toast. They may win at Verizon for game 5, but they aren't taking the series.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
5/5/17 8:21 a.m.

I have no vested interest in the playoffs since the Flyers were eliminated. It would be interesting to see Nashville make a run and take it all. I will revel in the fact that the Flyers have the number two lottery pick in the draft

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
5/5/17 8:41 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: I think the Caps are toast. They may win at Verizon for game 5, but they aren't taking the series.

That was obvious in the first round

Zomby Woof wrote: The Leafs looked good. The Caps, not so much. If they play in the second round like they did in the first, they'll be out in short order.
vwcorvette
5/5/17 7:40 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote:
SnowMongoose wrote: God damn it must be nice to cheer for a lucky team. Too bad I'll never know, whatever team I cheer for is doomed to failure. berkeleying Pageau
Agreed. This series is closer than 2-0. Let's see how things go at MSG.

Hey, look at me being prophetic!

It's on now. Let's go Rangers!!!!!

Kylini
Kylini Dork
5/5/17 11:19 p.m.

From FARK: "Not since the Exxon Valdez have I seen waterfowl so victimized by an oil disaster."

Ducks are down 0-3 to the Oilers and the 2nd isn't even over yet!

Kylini
Kylini Dork
5/6/17 12:23 a.m.

HOLY MOLEY this game is getting interesting. Last minute recovery? Last minute bonus hockey?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
5/6/17 3:31 a.m.

Question is, does anyone other than the ref think that goal should stand?
Looked like interference from every angle I saw.

As for my Rangers, I'm happy to have been wrong.
A lot of momentum headed back north, especially with how physical game 4 got at the end.

vwcorvette
5/6/17 2:08 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Question is, does anyone other than the ref think that goal should stand? Looked like interference from every angle I saw. As for my Rangers, I'm happy to have been wrong. A lot of momentum headed back north, especially with how physical game 4 got at the end.

That was less "physical" and more "sore-loser" play than anything. Rangers need to keep the pressure on.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
5/6/17 4:58 p.m.

Leave it to the Sens to pull a lucky goal out of their asses to force OT.
Through traffic, off of two defenders.

Fun fact, Ottawa has had a lead more in Game 5 than the rest of the series combined.
Go Rangers!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
5/6/17 5:24 p.m.

For berkeley's sake, when are the Sens going to run out of luck?
Sadly, it'll be in the next round.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
5/6/17 5:39 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Question is, does anyone other than the ref think that goal should stand? Looked like interference from every angle I saw.

I watched that game, it definitely should not have been a goal.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/8/17 10:51 a.m.

Glad to see Nashville get to the conference final. That is a fun team to root for. I would love to see them hoist the cup. It would be great to see all the Habs fans squirm when P.K. brings the cup to poutinville and rubs it in their faces.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nGQbJd7L3LJWzhEDrdIgwdsYKgk4QMeV1DFR049VTvbs6U2YDWNpH92njuE0B41l