1 2
iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
8/25/18 10:01 a.m.

Payless boots worked for me for years.  Lots of standing time on concrete.   Maybe I am lucky.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/31/19 7:06 a.m.

Dankspeed, if you're still looking, I second Red Wings.  Truck show up every other week, you pay $10-20 every time he's there until the shoes are paid for.  MANY styles!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
3/31/19 9:43 a.m.

I know this is a zombie but thorogood boots.

Specifically these ones.

https://www.thorogoodusa.com/product/804-3406/

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
3/31/19 12:36 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Wait , wait wait.... A red wing TRUCK!?!?

Like a snap on truck for shoes? That takes payments? 

If that was in my area and sold the heritage line I would be so berked. I have a love/hate relationship with the boot store I use but they will happily custom order the heritage line for me along with Whites boots when I decide to step up to that investment level.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/1/19 7:30 a.m.

Maybe you could buy a franchise/truck.

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
4/1/19 9:20 a.m.

I know this is an old thread, but I think it's a good reference thread for posterity. As such, I'll add my thoughts. 

I had a pair of Red Wing 2233's. They were comfortable enough, but I couldn't change the insole for my very high arches. That said, buy some mink oil, clean and re-oil every once in a while and they will be unbelievably durable.

I'm currently wearing New Balance Composite Toe 989's and I LOVE them! They're cheap, light, breathable, super comfortable, durable and require no maintenance. I'm sure they won't last as long as the Red Wings, but at half the price and with much greater comfort, I'm ok with that.

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/composite-toe-989/MID989-L.html?dwvar_MID989-L_color=Brown#color=Brown

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
McCMNC1vQdqdm9JNajaa0yKExEmtFdT3ha0An5Mg0hpiWFuFcf66uy6Q9AfkpaQc