tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/18/21 6:13 p.m.

The tunakids like doing stopmotion videos in their free time. What they are doing now is some conglomeration of stuff involving taking pictures with laptops by pointing the laptop screen at things and using "stopmotion explosion", though that application has been removed somehow.

I don't have time, like they do, but I want to support this.

Assume a Chromebook.

What app, what webcam?

Anything else I need?

Assume 8-12 aged kids will be doing this on their own, and that a $200 camera isn't likely.

Thanks!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/18/21 7:07 p.m.

I was wrong. After they lost the stop motion explosion app, they are taking very short videos in order and pausing every time to move the scene. 

I made a few when I was a kid. Pretty sure that was a Super 8 camera so my knowledge is probably out of date. 

Post up a movie or two when they figure it out. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
1/18/21 7:41 p.m.

can you get them an adjustable  strobe light ?

Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter)
Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/18/21 7:45 p.m.

Mine started with Hue Animation https://huehd.com/products/hue-animation-studio/

Once advanced a bit moved on to Ikitmovie. https://www.ikitmovie.com/

Neither is very expensive, and he was able to work through most of it himself and there are plenty of youtube videos to help with tutorials. Nothing more expensive than a web cam is needed.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/18/21 9:18 p.m.

LEGO makes a stop motion animation kit. DW got it for me last year but I haven't really messed with it yet. I believe it comes with an app.  Not really sure how proprietary it is.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/21/21 7:30 a.m.
tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/21/21 7:31 a.m.

That's pretty cool. 

There used to be several apps for phones that would do stop motion. You might look in that direction as well. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DHC3MQ3FSH9dg0vTeZGtiqLcQHh9HvyAQ9EIdbD4zuEF30bvootPWpQk6vBHqP6f