1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/30/19 12:18 p.m.
ronholm said:
mtn said:

My parents lived in Chesterfield from 84-87. The commute sucked back then (dad worked for AB). 

Other things: the St. Louis Blues have had the 4 winningest coaches in NHL history. They have never won the Stanley cup. That fact brings me way more pleasure than I should ever admit. 

For a post in a zombie thread...  This is seriously funny. 

(I did call myself out earlier)

Neither of the two facts that I stated are true any more since Barry Trotz moved past Radar this season. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/30/19 12:19 p.m.
The_Jed said:

In reply to conesare2seconds :

Zombie thread!

Did everything work out for you? 

I recently interviewed at Boeing (located in Berkeley, LOL) and have been looking at houses around St. Louis, trying to find a workable compromise between home price, school quality, and commute.

Congratulations at the prospect of getting out of Illinois!

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
7/30/19 5:56 p.m.

Hi!  Things worked out. I’ve been in StL for 13 months. Kind of feel bad now, looking back, at my pre-move expectations of the city. It’s been much nicer here than I thought it would be.  Mea culpa  

It is much easier to get around StL than in Dallas, Atlanta, etc., plus my commute is planned out to keep off of the busiest roads. People are generally friendly, the weather hasn’t been so bad winter or summer and crime is way less of an issue outside the city proper.  There is plenty to see and do in the metro area. Best of all, the job is great. 

Message me if you have specific questions or want advice. Hope you get the job and are happy here. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/30/19 9:35 p.m.

StL gets an undeserved bad rep IMO.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/30/19 9:40 p.m.
JamesMcD said:

Nothing is undeserved for the town that gave the world the abomination known as Imos. 

jay8s
jay8s New Reader
7/30/19 11:51 p.m.
mtn said:
JamesMcD said:

Nothing is undeserved for the town that gave the world the abomination known as Imos. 

Hey now!!!  IMO's is the Square Beyond Compare!!!!  

Now Bagels.....

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
7/31/19 12:04 a.m.

I miss Ted Drewes ice cream. 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
7/31/19 12:05 a.m.
mtn said:
JamesMcD said:

Hey! I love Imos.

Now Pantera’s was gross from what I remember. Something to do with their sausage pizza that my parents always had to get. Granted it has been 30 years since I had their pizza. Maybe it’s better now?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/31/19 8:26 a.m.

Nope, whoever the idiot(s) was/were that (a) invented provell cheese, and (b)put that sin on a pizza should be tarred and feathered. Nasty.

Especially surprising as St. Louis has some of the best Italian food I've ever had.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/31/19 8:40 a.m.
jay8s said:
mtn said:
JamesMcD said:

Hey now!!!  IMO's is the Square Beyond Compare!!!! 

OMBG, Slimo's is the WORST pizza I have ever had in my entire life.  Seriously, when we moved out there in 1986, we figured we'd try the local stuff, and Slimo's was what everybody talked about.

Thirty three years later I still have not found a more over-priced, less-edible pizza.  Seriously.  Slimo's pizza is so epically bad that more than three decades later the horridness is still burned indelibly into my tastebuds.  And it cost like twenty bucks in 1986 dollars!  Unforgiveable.

mtn said:
JamesMcD said:

I can't vote this comment up enough times.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/31/19 8:53 a.m.

Have any of you StL people been to PW's Pizza? I like that place.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/31/19 4:48 p.m.
mtn said:
JamesMcD said:

Y'know, I would think that after the Blues thing you'd get sick of being wrong.

It ain't pizza, exactly, but it's delicious.

Next thing I know you'll be extolling the virtues of Chicago deep-dish.  If I wanted casserole, I'd order casserole.  Same thing with your hot dogs - just order a freakin salad if that's what you want.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JrcKZKTfKoYIhI8W0jD8TpYCah1evrXRCpbrstlwi2bLOeZvPOLdwJQ7a9KbqElH