1 2
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
1/10/09 8:25 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote: im getting pissed off this winter driving out 00 exploder as it has the "auto engage" 4wd. I dont want to strain the system in the car, so im well behaved in it (other then the unintentional 4 wheel drift when i found some black ice at 3am the other night O.O ) My favorite one was a few months back coming home from the autocross in my mustang cobra. I only live a short highway hop from the site, so i had the V700 victo's on and there is a cloverleaf exit where i live. WELL, this ricer civic comes up tailgating me and i decide to lay into the turn and use the Rcomps capability, ricerboy must have though "If some Mustang can do it I must be able to". He was quickly proven wrong, VERY wrong, and almost smacked the guardrail.

I had an Expedition tailgating me for that last mile or so prior to a cloverleaf, while driving my CRX. He wouldn't pass me, just wanted to be 2' off of my rear bumper. Until we got to the clover leaf. Turns out a CRX can brake a LOT later than an Expedition needs to. I think he figured that out as he slid into the ditch.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
1/10/09 10:39 a.m.

^ I love doing that to people when I'm in the Miata. I've never put one in a ditch, but I have put a few into curbs and had several barely miss a wall.

jde
jde Reader
1/10/09 11:25 a.m.

My 70-yr old dad was quite pleased last night to tell me about his handbrake+throttle 360 in his old Sunfire yesterday.

audifan
audifan New Reader
1/11/09 8:02 a.m.

35 years old LOVE doing donuts in my quattro's and subies. handbrake turns Love em I do thme in my 5500LB toyota land cruiser now that is frieken fun and you havn't seen so many amazed people as when a landcriuiser on 33 " tires and a 2" lift goes by them doing a hand brake turn to get the pig to rotate! If you have not you definately owe it to yourself to master the scandinavian flick manouver w you car (rally drivers use it to get there cars to rotate) god I love the slippery stuff!

rain also works well for the hand brake move

pigeon
pigeon Reader
1/11/09 1:37 p.m.

Almost 39 years old myself, I did parking lot donuts with the kids in my 750Li after sledding this morning. I guess my wife is right that I'm just an overgrown kid

cwh
cwh Dork
1/11/09 2:42 p.m.

OK, so I'm the Old Fart here, live in SoFla, so far far away from that white crap, but still have very fond memories of snow covered parking lots in Ohio, kids squealing with delight as wifey was having a total E36 M3 fit while we did 360's in the snow. Good times.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
1/11/09 3:33 p.m.

I love going around long sweeping corners in any FWD. LFB, back end comes out, everyones in awe,"Like, you didn't even touch the e-brake handle!!11!!"

Kramer
Kramer Reader
1/11/09 7:05 p.m.

38 here, and no sign of stopping the madness. I get it honest, from my dad, although he's slowed down a little, now that he's in his 60's.

walterj
walterj HalfDork
1/11/09 8:49 p.m.

I drove a rented Neon from Caterpillar in Peoria, IL all the way to my hotel by the airport in 8" of snow with the hand brake locked ... about 8 miles IIRC. My co-worker and I were laughing like idiots and taking turns driving. It is still my fondest memory of the midwest.

Whenever I choose a rental I always look for the passenger accessible hand-brake... nothing funnier than playing "Can you save it" in the mall parking lot of a new town :)

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
1/11/09 9:06 p.m.

my coworker mentioned that they would steal cafeteria trays and put them under their tires and lock the handbrake on and drive around sliding the back wheels around.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/11/09 9:19 p.m.
pete240z wrote: my coworker mentioned that they would steal cafeteria trays and put them under their tires and lock the handbrake on and drive around sliding the back wheels around.

There was a video posted here with a few kids in a Neon SRT-4 doing that in a thundertorm. Pretty funny stuff.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
1/11/09 10:08 p.m.

Old brake discs work better than lunch trays, way more sparks.

Shawn

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JpbVxG8NidY3AAajcJJe2s6740ezD3Nb3lreKkfCYKmKLpG5kXf19PN5sRpgi9TH