1 2 3
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
12/9/09 10:32 a.m.

Wow, that is flat out the best vid I've seen. It may not be as fancy as KB's Gymkhana vids, but it tells a story and in my view is much better. These guys should be employed to make the mythical American Top Gear. I'll offer myself up as either James or Jeremy :)

Couple of Q's. How strong is the trans and transfer case in those old Honda's, that's a lot of abuse they were handing out.

As for the test hill at Silver lake, a bone stock 93 Geo Tracker with 110k mile on it can make it up with two adults and two kids, but not at the right hand end they were referring too. It doesn't need good conditions though, I only have about a 50% success rate.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/9/09 10:42 a.m.

why did i watch that video? Now heading over to Craigslist to look for a Civic Wagon. Thanks!

GlennS
GlennS Dork
12/9/09 11:51 a.m.

video made autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/09/video-presenting-the-coolest-honda-civic-wagon-film-ever/

sobe_death
sobe_death New Reader
12/9/09 12:05 p.m.

Damnit. I like your wagon, but I have been trying to find a reasonably priced Realtime wagon for over a year now. Now it will never happen.

Really trying to sell it for $800? I'll buy it today! (serious )

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/9/09 12:40 p.m.

Wait one more week for more 1nt4rw3b acclaim. Put car on eBay. Profit.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
12/9/09 1:03 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Sell to Ken Block for use as a cameo appearence in his next video.

speedblind
speedblind Reader
12/9/09 3:19 p.m.

Very, very nice footage/editing. I second the Top Gear comments. Cool to see somebody do something unique/different using what is obviously a lot of talent. We need more of this focused on automotive-type shows! All the ones I watch now are from the UK (TG, Wheeler Dealers, etc.)

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch New Reader
12/9/09 8:09 p.m.

so proud of my lovely buddies.

my brother and i had the priveledge of running too much boost into that stock motor. (18 psi). i cant believe it took it as long as it did. HOURS AND HOURS of boost. it burns all 4 from a standstill. its not a light car.

matt did SUCH a good job with the video too. (the silly booze swilling buddy that organized the 40 man cannonball at the Challenge)

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
12/9/09 8:18 p.m.
ansonivan wrote: Team Gutty, I salute you. That video is like Marry Poppins; practically perfect in every way. I had no idea Michigan had dunes like that, Silver Lake is now on my "to do" list.

Magazine quote

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
12/9/09 8:20 p.m.

Great video, your Honda put Ken Block to shame!

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
12/9/09 9:05 p.m.

that is very cool...now you guys make me want to find a video edioting class and learn how to make asome videos also..... but the way this has to be menyioned in the magazine. this video is just really cool.

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
12/9/09 11:17 p.m.

Thats an awesome video. Its too bad those wagons are already beyond what a normal person would pay here ($3k for a 250k miles 2wd automatic is normal). Otherwise i think that would have convinced me to get one. And I dont even like hondas at all. lol

skierd
skierd Dork
12/10/09 12:18 a.m.

Awesome, simply awesome.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
12/10/09 7:34 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: ($3k for a 250k miles 2wd automatic is normal).

Your E36 M3ting me? Where are you, that's just nucking futs

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
12/10/09 9:38 a.m.

Please see the page before this and you will see a craiglist ad for $1,600 a 180k mile 5 speed version.

The word is spreading. I just did a google search on "wagon attack" and a huge amount of pages show up. Mostly auto-forums but seems like some film making stuff as well.

Go Wagon Attack!
Go Gutty!

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
12/10/09 10:34 a.m.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1502775795.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1495264342.html

Well I have seen worse, but that gives you an idea.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/10/09 11:16 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:

I remember somebody on this forum told me my $300 LeMons Impreza was bogus because Imprezas cost $4k where he was at (?!?). I think some people just remember the highest they've seen one priced for sale and assume that's what they go for. It's important to remember that seeing something for sale for X price does not mean that it will sell at X price.

Bryce

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
12/10/09 11:21 a.m.
Nashco wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
I remember somebody on this forum told me my $300 LeMons Impreza was bogus because Imprezas cost $4k where he was at (?!?). I think some people just remember the highest they've seen one priced for sale and assume that's what they go for. It's important to remember that seeing something for sale for X price does not mean that it will sell at X price. Bryce

+1. Another example- my GTV (the gold one you see in my avetar) is worth somewhere around $10-15k, but I know where I can get a '71 for $1000. I've seen GTV's sell for $25k, and I have had two shells given to me.

Based on Gutty's team performace, not only do I belive the cash outlay, I also am still amazed by the quality of work on both the video and the car. Very awesome.

Eric

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
12/10/09 12:33 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Please see the page before this and you will see a craiglist ad for $1,600 a 180k mile 5 speed version. The word is spreading. I just did a google search on "wagon attack" and a huge amount of pages show up. Mostly auto-forums but seems like some film making stuff as well. Go Wagon Attack! Go Gutty!

Excert from the first add..."I put in more than $10k in the car over the past few years. The car is very reliable"

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
12/10/09 12:34 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: but I know where I can get a '71 for $1000. I've seen GTV's sell for $25k, and I have had two shells given to me.

Must resist calling Eric, must resist....... AARRrgggghhhhhhhhh

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/09 9:55 p.m.

That video is on par with work coming out of large studios. I'm incredibly impressed. You guys should be doing that type of work for a living.

Seriously.

alex
alex Dork
12/11/09 12:03 a.m.

Um, you guys should also be telling me if you're serious about selling it. I'll move my Focus tomorrow if that's the case. Tho' I imagine the magic of the intronets has made your original $800 offer pretty well moot at this point.

wilcoxl
wilcoxl New Reader
12/11/09 9:38 a.m.

Not selling the wagon any more.

Need to make Wagon Attack 3.

sobe_death
sobe_death New Reader
12/11/09 9:57 a.m.
wilcoxl wrote: Not selling the wagon any more. Need to make Wagon Attack 3.

Damn. Well I'm going to keep looking for a wagon, and if you need others in the next attack video I'm there.

Jay
Jay Dork
12/11/09 10:00 a.m.

Great vid! I've now seen it pop up on just about every forum I visit.

Makes me miss my old wagon a bit.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b7Sej5M04CjK5z3CY38GT6h3VgcciYUA7x9wXzjvAF7AQSiQsDkt0U8j5b6kEKap