1 2 3 4
NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/13/11 9:12 p.m.

Have to admit, awesome so far! The real Top Gear USA.

Definetly the only good show on Speed, I mean, their showing LeMons!

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
7/13/11 9:15 p.m.

I agree. I don't think it's "scripted" as much as TG USA

fasted58
fasted58 HalfDork
7/13/11 9:17 p.m.

our ride looked like it was beaten by a pimp... lmfao

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/11 9:20 p.m.

Cool, something to look forward to then.

NickF40
7/13/11 9:24 p.m.

yeah I agree, they say what they want and are actually funny and I was already laughing before they tried to tow the Z

yeah, something i'll be doing on wednesday nights, a reason to watch Speed. I mean it's done like Top Gear but it has their own twist on a car show.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/13/11 9:28 p.m.

Can this be viewed anywhere online? Even as a download a day later?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/13/11 9:35 p.m.

Good to hear. It's recording on the dvr later tonight. :)

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/13/11 9:43 p.m.

I'll give it a year and see if it's still on. Adam Carolla just ruins it for me.

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
7/13/11 9:56 p.m.

They need to stop writing for Adam, and just let him speak. He's much more funny that way.

NickF40
7/13/11 10:01 p.m.

agree ^

A good american car show.....wait, what did I just type?

made me laugh and for a first episode, had substance. Next weeks looks good, actually looking forward to it.

redbonechkn
redbonechkn New Reader
7/13/11 10:15 p.m.

That last segment was better seemed real less scripted maybe after a few shows they can unleash these guys to say what they feel and it'll get a following Damnit Salley hasn't hardly spoke......Token?

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/13/11 10:20 p.m.

I hope it gets better. If this is indicative of the quality, I don't know how many more I can watch. Top Gear USA is way better.

For example, the dude kept screaming at the beginning "the 918 is gonna win Le Mans, It's gonna win Le Mans guys!" Oh yeah? In what class? Who's gonna race it? If the street car is a cool mil, do you really think Flying Lizard and Felbermayr Proton are going to shell out 2 mil for the RSR version? To race in GT2? bch plz...

redbonechkn
redbonechkn New Reader
7/13/11 10:28 p.m.

I'm hoping its just Speed controlling the first release Salley is funny if they will let him be himself

loosecannon
loosecannon Reader
7/13/11 10:38 p.m.

I thought the Car Show was great and was suprised how much Adam was allowed to say. I had no idea John was such a greenie but whatever, it takes all kinds. Keep in mind that for the first season, they will be experimenting with segments, some will stay and some will go. Even Top Gear UK does this-remember the Tog Gear Dog or the Top Gear stuntman? Even the Cool Wall rarely makes an appearance anymore.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
7/13/11 11:41 p.m.

Tivo watched it for me. I have low expectations, but will check it out.

SiLo
SiLo
7/13/11 11:49 p.m.

It was a little boring & had some weird things said, I hope it gets better as time goes on.

MrMook
MrMook New Reader
7/13/11 11:51 p.m.

Can't wait to find the show online (no TV, so I'll have to wait).

I love Adam's podcast, and it's true: he's best when un-scripted. I don't agree with everything he says (he's a dick and he knows it), but c'mon, he loves cars, and he's human. I like that he doesn't know everything. He's just a car guy, and while he knows his stuff, he's still learning (like most of us), and to me that makes his interest in the subject of cars much more genuine than a lot of the more scripted shows (even my beloved UK Top Gear, which is annoyingly scripted at times).

Again, haven't seen the show yet, but I gotta stick up for the Ace Man. And where's Professor Ganz? Is he on the show? THAT guy knows his stuff. Next to him, Adam's just the loud obnoxious jerk with an opinion.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
7/13/11 11:59 p.m.

Gotta say, I thought it was awesome. I like Top Gear US, but this was a good bit better. Just better, funnier guys. Good stuff!

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/11 5:47 a.m.

Here's my short review: ditch the interviews and game show, muzzle Dan so that the others can speak (especially the fat guy); cut the 0 to 60 segment to three topics; add more car stuff.

It wasn't bad -- maybe trying a bit too hard, but then, if I had my own car show, I'd probably try too hard as well.

Miguel
Miguel New Reader
7/14/11 5:58 a.m.

I liked it a lot. I found it more relevant to my interests than TG. I liked that it wasn't a replica of TG. To start with LeMons was awesome! My dvr is now on strict orders to record all new episodes.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
7/14/11 6:11 a.m.

Watching it on DVR now, c'mon this show is good, check out episode one of any other car show.

Talk about your running start

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/14/11 6:46 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Watching it on DVR now, c'mon this show is good, check out episode one of any other car show. Talk about your running start

Maybe its just because I know more about "cars" than all of them combined. I find it to be a bit "primary school".

I know that makes me sound elitist, but I don't care. I will still watch the next few shows, because I WANT it to succeed. More car shows is better for all of us.

failboat
failboat Reader
7/14/11 7:21 a.m.

In reply to ZOO:

I also felt like they were trying to cram way too much crap into one show, perhaps too much time on some segments and not nearly enough on others.

I chalked it up to it being the first episode, like you said probably trying too hard, and they will find a better balance as the show goes on.

I thought it was pretty good though.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
7/14/11 7:24 a.m.

Meh. Wasn't impressed enough to watch all the way through. '0 to 60' was rather poorly done IMHO although it has promise, since it was the first episode yeah I can give them a pass. The LeMons segment was obviously scripted at the end (c'mon, pull your own car off the track with a pickup? Please.) Then shooting the car up with a big explosion at the end? They showed 2 seconds of the Team Eyesore car, didn't even mention how they went to LeMans for real. Whoopee. I wasn't impressed enough to watch any more, went back to 'South Park'.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/11 8:11 a.m.

Didn't see it. Looks like it's on at 10am today. Hit the iPhone...Fios DVR App...Done. I'll check it out tonight.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A3b7txuSdqv5x2Bllw3vJ1wkbchthSoE95kRUEBYuxN21LvoccpuKyak9FiEz2xb