1 2 3
Grizz
Grizz UberDork
5/8/19 1:33 p.m.

This thread amuses me even more now that I heard a commercial where they bragged up about how they'll buy your car.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/8/19 2:08 p.m.

This reminds me of a radio commercial for a local used car lot that "Guarantees they will beat your CarMax offer or they will give you $100!"

I'm quite sure they are perfectly willing to beat CarMax offers by $50 all day long.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/8/19 7:44 p.m.

Looks like I can continue driving with my nose in the air.  Solid money here (well for this thread)!  laugh

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/19 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

I'll give you $1500 cheeky

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/19 9:06 p.m.

not too shabby. I wouldn't take less than double that, but not bad overall.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/8/19 10:02 p.m.

The local market adjustment on my Forester XT is $-850

So, if I sell it, I'm listing it in New England, too. It'll give me an excuse to visit the family.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
5/9/19 9:06 a.m.

06 Yukon Denali, by Salt belt standards, is pristine. 

Torkel
Torkel Reader
5/9/19 11:12 a.m.

I don't think they are too impressed with my daily driver either...

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/9/19 12:38 p.m.

Heh.... can't check what they'd give for the Rampage since their site only allows vehicles 1992 or newer (and even putting in the VIN for it comes up with an error).

The 2008 Mariner, which we're going to be looking to trade in (hopefully) when we buy a new SUV for the Dancer: $300 (base offer without the problems/local adjustment would be just under $2k. Sorry- I can't upload pics from work). WAY lower than we're hoping to get for it (perhaps naively...) though we've not started shopping around to see what we can actually get yet (I hate selling cars, and with this we'll ideally want it traded/sold to help afford the replacement but she will still need a vehicle...). 

The 2002 QX4 (which we're not at all interested in selling/trading, but was curious...) came back at $210 despite reporting it being in much better condition overall than the Mariner- $1000 base with a $800 'local market adjustment'. I'm pretty confident I could sell it for twice their base price pretty quickly around here.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/9/19 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Torkel :

Tell you what- you drive it out here and I'll trade you the Rampage for it straight up! angel

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
5/9/19 12:46 p.m.

Much to my surprise.......

Here's Your Offer

We evaluated thousands of similar cars based on condition, mileage, and vehicle history to arrive at your offer. Save this offer for 7 days and shop it around if you like. There's no commitment.

2000 Ford F350 Super Duty Super Cab

Long Bed

$4,586

Your Offer is Good for 7 Days

Torkel
Torkel Reader
5/9/19 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

That's OK, the Boxster is gay enough for me... wink

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
5/10/19 8:36 a.m.

So what's the point here?  Is it really all that surprising that a dealer doesn't want all of these really old vehicles that probably have a ton of miles on them? 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/10/19 9:12 a.m.
docwyte said:

So what's the point here?  Is it really all that surprising that a dealer doesn't want all of these really old vehicles that probably have a ton of miles on them? 

Just a funny exercise man.  I’m definitely not taking it seriously.

Torkel
Torkel Reader
5/10/19 10:08 a.m.
docwyte said:

We are offended! These low estimates are clearly a result of a wide spread conspiracy to insult and dehumanize the GRM community. When these estimates where made, did Carvana pay ANY attention to the feelings of the cars current owner and the deep, horrible damaged this does to that persons self esteem and inner being mental image? There is a person behind each car! A beautiful, living, feeling person! I don't rule out that they, in fact, deliberately low balled us with the intent to offend us, hurt our feelings and cause mental harm. 

Damn you, Carvana!

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
5/10/19 3:25 p.m.

At least Carvana will come pick up the car after making an offer. No such luck with Craigslist.

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
5/10/19 6:01 p.m.
Torkel said:

I don't think they are too impressed with my daily driver either...

Wait a minute here... I have a few Boxsters laying around and plan on going to the Challenge this year. Can we use our Carvana number to justify Fair Market Value? Start with the $1,412, sell a few shiny bits for recoup and have an easy $1,000 more to spend on go fast stuff. wink

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/19 7:02 a.m.

Is there market adjustment ever a positive number?  

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/11/19 10:27 a.m.

HA! Do I win?

EDIT: wait does that actually say "mechanical defects +$347"?

As in, the broken AC and CEL *ADD* value?

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/11/19 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

When I ran the M3 I'm looking at through their system to see what they would value it at I got a similar results- a positive number for mechanical defects after noting that it had transmission issues... 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/12/19 2:10 p.m.

I got a not horrible offer from them on one of mine. How do they compare to carmax? This is one that needs to go away quickly to not one of us.

Also, waiting for the title return, so it will be over 7 days. Any idea if thus will lower their offer?

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/12/19 9:00 p.m.

I was honestly thinking about pursuing the offer I got on the Saturn until again the strange cockroach of a car reminded me of it's usefulness and almost nonexistent cost of ownership. I mean $285 ain't even much of a loss on that thing...

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
10/4/22 9:32 p.m.

Trying to hemp my parents sell a 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo.  I didn't have the plate or VIN so I put everything in manually and Carvana said $11,043.  So I press "continue" and then put in the VIN and now the offer drops to $7,181.  What?!?  Exactly the same information on the same day and time.  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, Carvana.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
10/4/22 9:56 p.m.

The Honda tax is real!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
10/5/22 1:12 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to Daylan C :

When I ran the M3 I'm looking at through their system to see what they would value it at I got a similar results- a positive number for mechanical defects after noting that it had transmission issues... 

I wonder if they refuse to believe cars that old lack mechanical defects and are giving points for honesty?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZUUfK5c5cDoCF5po0jTNdWIIoa3gQCrQ9iUo8ZDx2crcVyNPzKkDcqRqE5ToQjo4