1 2 3 ... 8
ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/2/18 4:48 p.m.

So I know a bunch of people here have vinyl cutters, or access to one.  A lot of them have also made some goofy stickers over the years - we are all aware of the Mumpkin.  Anyone interested in a sticker exchange - secret santa style? <snip>

How it will work:

• To sign up, simply post in this thread that you would like to participate.  Please do this by February 17
  • PM Minivan racer for his address
  • Cut 5 stickers / acquire 5 stickers.  Please make sure they fit in a standard business envelope.  Don't post them here or you'll ruin the surprise.
  • Write your name/screenname on the back of each sticker.  This will help ensure you don't get your own stickers back.
  • Send 5 stickers to minivan_racer, along with a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE - I had to look this up, so I'm spelling it out for others laugh).  Do this by March 3.
  • minivan_racer put them all in a big pile and randomly pull 5 to send to each person.
  • We'll all post pictures of what we got in this thread.

I want to participate but I don't have any cool stickers or a vinyl cutter!

No problem, just talk with anyone on the list below.  They can cut some extras for you.  Do this by February 17.  If you have a cutter and are willing to cut some for others, please let me know so I can add you to the list.

• ProDarwin
  • mazdeuce

I don't have a vinyl cutter, but I have a cool design I want to cut!

Talk with people on the list above.  Do this by February 17.

Participant list

(?) indicates that you didn't commit 100% but I'm guessing you are in

(??) indicates that you don't have a cutter or stickers, but still want to participate (See above for how to do so)

• ProDarwin
  • Appleseed
  • John Welsh
  • Tom_Spangler (?)
  • Trackmouse (??)
  • KyAllroad (??)
  • EastCoastMojo
  • paranoid_android
  • Patrick
  • mazdeuce
  • minivan_racer
  • MazdaFace
  • Dr. Hess
  • DuctTape&Bondo
  • Robbie
  • Mazdax605
  • Casual Six
  • Sonic (mailed)
  • David S. Wallens

To see the current status of things, please see minivan_racer's post here

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/2/18 7:01 p.m.

Or, if you don't have access to a cutter, maybe a cool, unique, or rare sticker to offer up? If that's acceptable, I'm in. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/2/18 7:02 p.m.

I have some stickers left that would be great for this.  Count me in.  

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/2/18 7:03 p.m.

This could be interesting.  I have a bunch of non-attached stickers that I might be willing to barter with.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/2/18 7:51 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Or, if you don't have access to a cutter, maybe a cool, unique, or rare sticker to offer up? If that's acceptable, I'm in. 

Sure!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/18 7:53 p.m.

I’m not good enough with my cutter yet

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
2/2/18 8:00 p.m.

I’m willing to pay. Since I don’t have a cutter. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
2/2/18 8:04 p.m.

I'm sad, not many stickers and no vinyl cutter.  But in my very best British orphan eyes/plead:  may I have some?

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
2/2/18 9:30 p.m.

I still have Evil Alliance Racing stickers surprise

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/2/18 9:45 p.m.

No cutter here, although I do have a hoard of vintage bicycle stickers so I'm in if anyone wants some of those. laugh

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
2/2/18 11:07 p.m.

This sounds like fun to me!  I'm in

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/18 8:53 a.m.

If someone can guide me to a program to help me make silhouettes i will make some Darth Nader™ stickers, or try to anyway

paranoid_android
2/3/18 9:03 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

The two programs I use are Inkscape and GIMP depending on what I'm after.  They are both free.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/3/18 9:12 a.m.

You can use most CAD software as well.  I use Rhino and just export as .AI for the plotter at work.  There are many free Autocad clones.  A lot of vinyl cutters include some sort of creation software, although its usually much more limited.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/3/18 9:36 a.m.

I'm in when it gets going. I can also cut for people that do their own design work. Cutting is the easy part. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/3/18 10:08 a.m.

Edit: now you will only get one of these if you are lucky (or unlucky).  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/3/18 10:15 a.m.

I want one!

But I rather than do this as a bunch of separate exchanges, anyone have suggestions for how we can pool them then distribute them (other than what I posted in the first post)?

Edit:  Also, I kinda want to surprise others with the sticker designs and/or be surprised myself

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/3/18 10:16 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I'm in when it gets going. I can also cut for people that do their own design work. Cutting is the easy part. 

I can probably cut some extras as well.  Agreed, cutting is easy.  Is the peeling/transfer paper/mailing thats the pain :)

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/3/18 10:28 a.m.

Compile a list of participants on a spreadsheet then after the deadline email the list to all then everyone makes and mails out a sticker to everybody.  Or everybody mails their stack to one person with a SASE who then puts one of each in the SASE and mails them all out.

paranoid_android
2/3/18 10:44 a.m.

I'd be happy to put the list together if no one else would care to.  We can "borrow" Mr. Hungary Bill's method for this- collect names and addresses of peeps that want to play by a certain date, mix the names up and then send them out to the senders.

Similarly, should we decide on a target number of decals to send?  Say five individual designs to each recipient?  That way each person will recive at least five super cool stickers.  They can be designs of your making and cut by you, or you can raid your stash and share what you already have.

Thoughts?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/3/18 11:17 a.m.

The part that sucks most is addressing and mailing. If we can find a sucker......er.....volunteer to be the mailing guy, then the easy button is to all mail the stickers to him, and then have him assemble the individual envelopes and mail them all out. I call "not it" on that job. I'd rather mail 1000 stickers to one guy than 1 sticker to 10 guys. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/3/18 11:26 a.m.

Have cutter. I'm in. 

paranoid_android
2/3/18 11:55 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Ooooh, I misunderstood the premise.  Using myself as an example, I would be sending decals to say 10 different people rather than just one person?

I automatically thought this would be a copy of the New Years Game.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/3/18 11:57 a.m.
paranoid_android said:

I'd be happy to put the list together if no one else would care to.  We can "borrow" Mr. Hungary Bill's method for this- collect names and addresses of peeps that want to play by a certain date, mix the names up and then send them out to the senders.

Similarly, should we decide on a target number of decals to send?  Say five individual designs to each recipient?  That way each person will recive at least five super cool stickers.  They can be designs of your making and cut by you, or you can raid your stash and share what you already have.

Thoughts?

I'm fine with this, or the 'send them all to one person & let him distribute' method.  Either way I agree on the second part, we need a target # and a target date.  5 sounds good.  Just don't make the date next week or anything.  Early March maybe, with signup deadline Feb 17th?  That gives people time to signup and those cutting a couple weeks after to cut them all.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/3/18 11:59 a.m.
paranoid_android said:

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Ooooh, I misunderstood the premise.  Using myself as an example, I would be sending decals to say 10 different people rather than just one person?

I automatically thought this would be a copy of the New Years Game.

Yeah, that was the intent, guess I wasn't clear.  Still, if we have 50 people in it, not everyone is going to get every sticker, so there may be some random shuffling involved. 

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
igpZDgy7a44gi9lYnmxudc6A4pLoQ4VebV7wLJ70OWFN7fXhSluM1GRjK9cAsNrv