3/26/21 3:46 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Idk if these are cheap enough

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/26/21 4:15 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Thank you, that's in nice shape.

I'm hoping for something cheaper in worse shape so I don't feel bad modding it a lot

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/26/21 10:12 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

HMF a SWMBO.

Beleive it or not, I actually know somebody that y'all would either become soulmates - or kill each other in about 5 min. I honestly have no clue what way it would go. But it'd be extreme either way! But N. Alabama is a long way off your current paths.

hobiercr def. has the cheaper plan!

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/26/21 10:17 p.m.

I want a set of 05 up mustang rims for the dirt cheap prices some of yall find... they are high 'round here 17 would be nice, since I have the tires already, but 16 or 18 could be worked out. For the 03 Grandma-qios (first year of high offset)

Also cheap 16.5 rims for the 9.5R16.5 trailer tires I already have. I was told the aluminum rims I borrowed were 8.5 wide; they are 10, after getting the 33's off.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/27/21 6:45 a.m.
03Panther said:

Also cheap 16.5 rims for the 9.5R16.5 trailer tires I already have. I was told the aluminum rims I borrowed were 8.5 wide; they are 10, after getting the 33's off.

That is false economy, because as soon as you kill one of the 16.5 tires, you will have to pay way too much for a new one, if you can find it.

16.5 is pretty much dead- see my "seeking 16" wheels" post above.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/28/21 4:15 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

First tire that came up on a search, just to provide proof you are not correct:  

the 9.5 is available at a few dollars more

since the tires cost me nothing, and I see old steel rims for ten bucks from time to time, I don’t see it as false economy. Would I want them on a truck, no. Would I want to pursue used military tires, no. Will it be ok for the trailer that will not be used a lot; be a good economic  path for this. YMMV. Have any 16.5 rims you’ll pay me to get rid of?

“pretty much” dead is correct. I remember agreeing with your points made. But they are still available, often cheaper than nicer tires... for specific needs. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/28/21 8:22 a.m.

Curtis, the import models are absolutely the way to go.  Mine is spectacular and a huge upgrade from the previous "German built in America to lower standards" headache I used to have.

HMF a set of 13x10-12" wheels in a 4x100 for the Zoomboni.  Apparently the superwide and sticky tires I want are formula car things in 13".

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/28/21 9:29 a.m.

Im looking for a 93-5 4runner 4x4, v6, manual,  body can be rough, engine can be missing. Need the front half of the frame to be clean, straight and rust free and trans to be good. Bonus if the grille and headlights are nice. Grey interior is a bonus. Thanks 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/28/21 12:00 p.m.

Mazdaspeed protege OE limited slip differential, or complete trans with limited slip (as that may be easier to find) 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/28/21 5:21 p.m.

Looking for a 2011-2014 V6 Mustang. Must be manual trans, performance pkg preferred. Under 90k miles, not trashed. 

Most are a mess,out of my price range, or 1600 miles away.  I'd go 13 for a nice low milage perf package car or 10,500 for without.

Being a cheapass is not helping me.

I'm in Michigan and have good contacts on Atlanta.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/28/21 5:54 p.m.
WillG80 said:

HMF a SWMBO.

Import or domestic? 

Not picky as long as it's reliable, compact, and has enough miles that it's broken in, but not so many miles that the undercarriage is loose and sloppy.

Always wanted a JDM model. How's the maintenance on those? Buy or lease?

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/29/21 3:52 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

HMF a set of 13x10-12" wheels in a 4x100 for the Zoomboni.  Apparently the superwide and sticky tires I want are formula car things in 13".

15x10 steelies

13x10's are seriously hard to find. There were some 13x8 local but wrong BP.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/21 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) :

Jodi and I joked that should anything happen to her I'd be better off with short term rentals. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6EEpuwaJ3V6aXAY5NdM6P5Tc0iOHWwSp9BgtVih7cLZqxls4HexY9jNEbKfT9Ag8