1 2 3 4
barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
6/10/20 10:08 p.m.

Most times I find that little,easy jobs are neither little, nor easy. Today though, the little, easy job was exactly little and easy. No stuck parts, no leaks, new parts fit perfectly. Win, win, and win. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
6/11/20 11:28 p.m.

Got a call from a friend tonight. "Hey I'm in town, brought my MTG cards, come over." 
So I helped get the kids in bed and went over. Good to see friends, good to play silly games. I haven't had as nice an evening in some time. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
6/12/20 6:40 p.m.

Payday!

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/20 6:53 p.m.

So we're saying the world has 99 problems, but a ditch ain't one?

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
6/12/20 7:48 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Basically. Ditches love me, so I've been told. And who doesn't want to be loved?

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
6/15/20 11:44 a.m.

Missed a couple days. Oops.

Today I went to the bank. I didn't deposit money or withdraw any either, but I told the kid behind the plexiglass shield to shuffle some around for me, with dramatic results. My savings account is much smaller now, but so is the balance on the Mazda loan. Less than a year left, and enough left in that savings account to make the remaining payments for 6 months if work slows down. I am not wealthy, but I have a very smart and disciplined wife who watches out for me, and because of her I think we're doing ok. Maybe not a small thing, but something I need to remember to be more appreciative of, and more often express that appreciation. 
Be safe, be healthy, party on. 

tb (Forum Supporter)
tb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/7/20 1:22 p.m.

Even though it is stupid hot out, I have been able to get in a few miles a day on the new bike. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/7/20 2:40 p.m.

Finally got the escrow refund check from doing our refi. 

No mortgage payments in June/July, a stock bonus cashed out, the escrow check...............I could do damage with it, but going to use it pay some stuff off and do somethings around the house. Hopefully the sales people at my girlfriend's job hit their target, it would mean a ridiculously good bonus compared to her salary.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/7/20 3:46 p.m.

Work keeps coming. Stuff is still nuts and folks are possibly more scared than they were a month ago, but work keeps coming. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/8/20 10:06 p.m.

Right wrist has been hurting for about two weeks. Bad enough that I can't play guitar and have trouble shifting.
Today it didn't hurt at all. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/9/20 7:58 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I had a ridiculous sharp pain in my lower back last night as I was trying to watch the new Jim Jefferies special on Netflix (pretty damn funny), an ice pack and an edible took care of that.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/9/20 8:57 a.m.

I replaced the torsion springs on my garage door without dying or injuring myself at all. Slightly sore and much wiser having done that job once.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/9/20 1:59 p.m.

I won the Powerball tuesday.  Just $10 but hey, a win is a win.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/10/20 12:22 a.m.

The kitchen is clean. I had to do it, but I can still appreciate it being done. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
7/10/20 2:23 a.m.

I missed this but the fact my sons got too play there last year of little league has been awesome. Even with the new job having a non set schedule I haven't missed a game! 

today I spent 2 hours working on my car at my former employers and just hanging out. It reminded me of better times and I really like my old boss. It was good for both of us!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
7/11/20 10:42 a.m.

I don't know if this belongs here, but I like it. Attempted to recreate an old picture with a new one 17 years later. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/11/20 10:59 a.m.

Maybe 10'x10' isn't a little thing, but my "garage extension" is fantastic. 

imgon
imgon HalfDork
7/12/20 12:30 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

Neat pic, The years click by pretty quick, that's cool you have had the REPU that long. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/12/20 12:49 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:

I don't know if this belongs here, but I like it. Attempted to recreate an old picture with a new one 17 years later. 

That's a great picture!

Hey, I have a friend who just bought a REPU. It looks rough but pretty complete. Can I put him in touch with you?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/12/20 2:48 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:

That's so cool,  Proud Dad, I'm sure

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/13/20 6:23 p.m.

I found radiator hoses for the challenge car! The upper is perfect, just has more length than I need so I'll only have to trim it down. The lower has the one critical bend I was worried about and will require slight modification, but nothing crazy. Who knew the parts store would have hoses in stock for a thunderbird sbc swap with a dodge radiator?

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/14/20 10:49 a.m.
barefootskater said:

I found radiator hoses for the challenge car! The upper is perfect, just has more length than I need so I'll only have to trim it down. The lower has the one critical bend I was worried about and will require slight modification, but nothing crazy. Who knew the parts store would have hoses in stock for a thunderbird sbc swap with a dodge radiator?

Perfect. I said perfect, and I meant it.

should help keep things cool under the hood. The test fit this morning got me all jazzed up to keep plowing ahead despite the forecast being 105-110 all week. Woot!

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
7/14/20 8:47 p.m.

I have a "Friend" on Facebook. He's vehemently anti mask. Turns out he needs  hernia surgery. I asked if he was insisting that his surgical team not wear masks since they're ineffective. I appear to have been "unfriended".

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/19/20 12:39 p.m.

Sunday morning waffles!

They don't look great from the picture, but I assure you they are excellent. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/24/20 5:34 p.m.

Speedway has the spicer 1310 to ford 1330 adapter ujoint I need!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P2Nr5dRe6u3kufWaN52uufm7ozl6vlbz1e07HAfBtA7ywAlhG5ctD9hKRWmYZUGq