1 ... 4 5 6 7
kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
6/13/18 1:41 p.m.

For this week's nomination:  Whomever approved this for Father's Day card rack at Target: https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2018/06/13/target-removing-baby-daddy-fathers-day-cards-after-shoppers-call-them-insult.html

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/13/18 1:43 p.m.

Does anyone else check this thread just to make sure you're not the moron if the week?

No?

Just me then?

Okay.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
6/13/18 1:52 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Does anyone else check this thread just to make sure you're not the moron if the week?

No?

Just me then?

Okay.

If it saves time, I'll PM you if you make the cut.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/18 2:01 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

No?

Just me then?

Okay.

I only think about doing that due to a PTSD-reflex from a local car forum I used to be on. That thread was called C*** of the Week and mostly featured forum users targeted by the ruling brigade of dudebros.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
6/13/18 3:01 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

No?

Just me then?

Okay.

I thought I had a lifetime award so was ineligible for the weekly version.  

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
6/13/18 3:29 p.m.

Can I play? 

I nominate this dinkus: https://whdh.com/news/police-man-with-revoked-license-crashes-brothers-ferrari-in-weymouth/

A 50 year old with a suspended license tried to play real-life Outrun with his brother's Ferrari... and failed miserably by smacking a Corolla and wedging it under a Hyundai Santa Fe. If you know the South Shore of Boston, this is "Peak Weymouth" behavior. 

I still can't believe this didn't happen in EbonyAndIvory's yard a few towns away! 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/13/18 4:14 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Nick Comstock said:

No?

Just me then?

Okay.

I thought I had a lifetime award so was ineligible for the weekly version.  

I don't have to look. I know the truth every morning. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
6/14/18 6:22 a.m.
kazoospec said:

This week, I nominate: Myself.

Had the following conversation with a fellow driver at this weekend's autocross:

I'm running start. He pulls up, grinning from ear to ear.

Him: "Just kicked out my passenger and was 2 seconds faster on the last run."

Me: "Good Lord, who was your passenger, Fat Albert?"

Him: "No, my wife."

Me: "Oh"

I'm a past winner myself. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/18 6:37 a.m.
kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
10/6/18 4:32 p.m.

I prosecuted drunk driving cases for about 7 or 8 years, so I thought I'd heard every dumb excuse there was.  I was wrong.

I wasn't drinking and driving . . . I only drank at the stoplights.

BTW - my favorite personal experience was the dude doing field sobriety tests while dressed as a Roman soldier, armored skirt and all.  Don't drive drunk on any night, but especially not Halloween.  The MVR was a hoot.  If the defense attorney had been a friend, I would have tried to see how many references to famous Romans I could work into the trial, but sadly, he was sort of a prick, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been. 

EDIT:  And, yes, long time no updates, primarily because I'm abiding by the "no politicians" rule. 

GameboyRMH
11/21/18 7:20 a.m.

Some American decided to make contact with the uncontacted Sentinelese people for the purpose of converting them to Christianity (which can only add to the enormity of my facepalm). Contacting the Sentinelese is not just super-illegal but a stupendously terrible idea for a laundry list of reasons, one of which is that what little is known about them is that they react to outsiders with instant and unrelenting hostility on sight. Guess what happened.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/21/asia/andaman-nicobar-us-missionary-killed-intl/index.html

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
11/21/18 7:37 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

hahaha, I love helping with VBS, but this is still funny!

Sympathy level 

Image result for haha meme

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
4/22/19 5:09 p.m.

After a 5 month break, bringing this thread back for "unknown dude" for FIGHTING THE EASTER BUNNY.  There are only two possible outcomes:  1. you kick the Easter Bunny's butt, in which case, do you really get bragging rights? OR  2. like this guy, you get completely whooped by the Easter Bunny, in which case, you can never really show your face again. 

News report: bunny beat down

Still photo from the video, just in case you don't believe me (Video may be NSFW): Screen Shot20190422At1 22 26Am

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/22/19 7:39 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I knew before clicking on the link that it would be Florida. It's always Florida. And no, I didn't notice the license plate either (until now).

https://canoe.com/news/crime/naked-air-drying-women-lead-police-on-wild-chase-in-florida

I was at work when this happened. There is always one screen dedicated to news on the huge video wall. I watched this play out in (near) real time.

Edit: I just noticed the domain name. That was totally unintentional. It was literally the first search result I found.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
4/23/19 11:01 a.m.

Well, the circle is complete, the bunny has been identified.  I'm pretty sure the writer of this article put in "Florida Man" just to be sure it gets hits for the "Florida Man Challenge".  If you were born on 4/22, you're now golden for the "Florida Man Challenge".

Easter Bunny ID'd

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/24/19 7:54 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Not questioning the resisting arrest part etc.  But in this day and age is it still indecent exposure to be naked on a beach?  I know there's a guy in the UK who has gone around nude for decades and has been arrested multiple times.  In the end I think he ended up at the international court of human rights to protect his right to be nude and won.

Edit.  Nope I was wrong, he when to court and lost, he's spent lot's of time in prison.  Below from Wiki:

On 28 October 2014, the European Court of Human Rights ruled that European laws protecting privacy and freedom of expression did not apply to Gough's naked rambling

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/24/19 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

The key thing I want to know about that story is whether or not he was naked in prison?

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/10/19 6:27 a.m.

At least it's not Florida this time: Taco Bell as a law enforcement tool?

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/10/19 9:35 a.m.

We've probably all wanted to, but actually doing it, yep, moron material:

There, but for the grace of God, go I . . .

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/21/19 12:49 p.m.
GameboyRMH
9/21/19 7:16 p.m.

^Actually he was surprised he couldn't outrun the V6 cars, which is still pretty questionable, far from the overwhelming speed advantage you'd need to outrun the cops (before they can make use of their radios and helicopters). But then it took a sequence of dumb decisions to lead to lead to this one, and then he decided to start a high-speed chase over a suspended license.

Someone by me ran from the cops just a day or two ago because he was wanted and came up to a police checkpoint, he thought he'd lose the cops in the oncoming highway lanes and caused a 4-car pileup.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/21/19 7:27 p.m.

When I think of people who tried to outrun the cops and failed, I usually recall that one C4 Vette that spun out and hit a tractor-trailer. The speed was there, the car control was not.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
9/21/19 9:32 p.m.
slowbird said:

When I think of people who tried to outrun the cops and failed, I usually recall that one C4 Vette that spun out and hit a tractor-trailer. The speed was there, the car control was not.

That was Not 165mph. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
9/21/19 9:35 p.m.

That makes me think... I sometimes enjoy watching car chase videos and the like, is there a good source for this madness?  

Also, here’s my nomination 

https://youtu.be/g6WjGsdTD9c

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/22/19 10:42 a.m.

In reply to Carbon :

Now that you mention it...yeah. The cops were staying right with him, and he only caught the trucks at a somewhat ordinary closing rate. Those trucks were slowing down, actually.

Not that I'm surprised a TV show would exaggerate things.

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XIBJghYMngpOSMw48m9fnqxr8YrYC7BL4a2p0iwT3hbZe7jNObakdsqC1aEBUTIF