1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/15/10 6:12 p.m.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3279759

That's like a medium-sized country's GDP going around the track.

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
3/15/10 6:34 p.m.

Whatever you want to call it, I'd sure like to have been there.

motomoron
motomoron Reader
3/15/10 6:43 p.m.

I hate those guys.

Josh
Josh Dork
3/15/10 6:56 p.m.
motomoron wrote: I hate those guys.

This is just plain wrong. I absolutely want to live in a world where cars like this exist. Given that they do exist, it makes me happier to see them in their rightful home on a track, instead of being fetishistically polished in a locked, climate controlled garage. Hate that guy instead.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/15/10 8:05 p.m.

I hope I'm not the only person that notices something extremely funny in the second sentence.

Was just sitting in the parking lot. It's the same one from the supercar experience Pacific Rim Job posted. We were at Homestead raceway in Miami at this point and a SV is a nice car but you really want something nice for the track. That's when he showed us his new slab.
Josh
Josh Dork
3/15/10 8:09 p.m.

That's some guy's forum handle, I infer. The decency standards over at somethingawful are, ah, different than ours to say the least.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/15/10 8:12 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I hope I'm not the only person that notices something extremely funny in the second sentence.
Was just sitting in the parking lot. It's the same one from the supercar experience Pacific Rim Job posted. We were at Homestead raceway in Miami at this point and a SV is a nice car but you really want something nice for the track. That's when he showed us his new slab.

I guess all the good names were taken

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
3/15/10 8:20 p.m.

The video of the F1 car going by the stands and hearing it drop 4 gears (I think, might've been five, 196 mph to 50 mph according to the author of that post) in less than 2 seconds is my obsession with the automobile distilled down into five seconds of video.

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
3/15/10 11:39 p.m.

I have been rendered incapable of thought at seeing that.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
3/16/10 12:35 a.m.

LOve the last pic, a red NSX slipped in with all the ferraris

It blends in too well

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
3/16/10 12:45 a.m.

I am really unsure how one can legally make enough money to casually pilot and maintain a recently retired F1 car.

Maybe thinking in the constraints of legality is my shortcoming.

alex
alex Dork
3/16/10 9:25 a.m.

legality ≠ morality ≠ normalcy

For the most part, people with that much money shake their heads and wonder how we can live like we do. Might was well be different species. Kinda cool, though, that for all our differences, we can often sit over a beer and dork out about cars.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
3/16/10 10:05 a.m.

Rat's, site is blocked from work

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/10 12:44 p.m.
alex wrote: legality ≠ morality ≠ normalcy

D'oh, beaten.

TJ
TJ Dork
3/16/10 12:49 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Rat's, site is blocked from work

I can see the site, but not the pics or the videos - will check it out when I get home tonight.

autoxrs
autoxrs New Reader
3/16/10 1:44 p.m.
alex wrote: For the most part, people with that much money shake their heads and wonder how we can live like we do. Might was well be different species. Kinda cool, though, that for all our differences, we can often sit over a beer and dork out about cars.

To most non racing people what we do is stupid, I mean how can we spend $1000 on tires that last 40 runs.

Whether you are racing a $100,000 Porsche or a $2010 beater doesn't matter, we all put on our pants the same way and at the end of the day its the passion for motor racing that unites us.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/10 1:49 p.m.
autoxrs wrote: Whether you are racing a $100,000 Porsche or a $2010 beater doesn't matter, we all put on our pants the same way and at the end of the day its the passion for motor racing that unites us.

So you do a headstand and have your pants lowered down from the ceiling too?

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun New Reader
3/16/10 3:12 p.m.

note to self, play powerball!!!!

alex
alex Dork
3/16/10 3:55 p.m.

I pay someone to put my pants on me one leg at a time.

Josh
Josh Dork
3/16/10 6:25 p.m.

My guy does 'em both at once, but you gotta pay top dollar for that kind of skill.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
3/16/10 6:52 p.m.

I avoid putting on pants by wearing a kilt

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
3/16/10 7:20 p.m.

I just avoid anything on my lower body at all.

autoxrs
autoxrs New Reader
3/16/10 7:40 p.m.

Speaking of pants...

So the new PhD dude is from Turkey... he tells me that he spent all day in his "panties". I was like WTF dude, then I realized he meant sweat pants.

Amusing guy really, he asks for beer that the barkeep has never of and I have to remind him that this is 'merica we drink E36 M3ty beer.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/10 9:22 p.m.

I get dropped into mine through a complex system of pulleys and chutes

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/16/10 10:50 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3279759 That's like a medium-sized country's GDP going around the track.

Eh, I'd rather see those guys taking them on track instead of the street..

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2003-10-05/sports/0310050134_1_dany-heatley-all-star-game-atlanta-thrashers-star

Just a thought..

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rx45JAwjRJlLGDsbOlWy3snlZucgOHa8Gd2B1lfcoU9eamyBVr3LWMapalmkePk6