1 2
GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
3/16/10 11:42 p.m.
autoxrs wrote: To most non racing people what we do is stupid, I mean how can we spend $1000 on tires that last 40 runs. Whether you are racing a $100,000 Porsche or a $2010 beater doesn't matter, we all put on our pants the same way and at the end of the day its the passion for motor racing that unites us.

Like trying to explain to your wife why a 20 year old car with 100k+ mile is still a deal at $4000.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
3/17/10 7:15 a.m.
autoxrs wrote: Speaking of pants... So the new PhD dude is from Turkey... he tells me that he spent all day in his "panties". I was like WTF dude, then I realized he meant sweat pants. Amusing guy really, he asks for beer that the barkeep has never of and I have to remind him that this is 'merica we drink E36 M3ty beer.

Eerrr, it's not just panties, it's pants. Go to England and start telling people about your pants and you'll get very funny looks. They're Trousers.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/17/10 2:28 p.m.

At least they were using the cars at a race track, it would have been a shame for them to sit on the lawn being drooled on.

Of course, I would drive a Ferrari 250 GTO to WalMart for groceries just so it wasn't locked in a garage.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/17/10 2:30 p.m.
Like trying to explain to your wife why a 20 year old car with 100k+ mile is still a deal at $4000.

Any tips with that? I am currently losing this argument.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ld9ksLP6yVdPK9km3iz9ZirhFFdlepW6WoVoMpkCxZ1wUPAkKT6CnjtEqCA8K2Sy