1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy HalfDork
5/20/19 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon :

Well, the Probe and the Lambo both have tractors in their lineage. Though the Probe’s connection appears to be much more recent. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/20/19 4:42 p.m.

Not technically parked, but I stopped next to this one this weekend:

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/19 4:45 p.m.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
5/20/19 4:51 p.m.

A normal day in the shop parking lot. I like working with car guys.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/20/19 5:31 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:

That IS a pretty cool neon. 

peabody
peabody New Reader
5/20/19 8:04 p.m.

Last week went to grab some supper, pulled in and saw this 2005 Ford GT. When leaving we met the owner , nice guy who happens to be on the list for a 2019 GT. Out of respect, I didn't park my hail-damaged, salvage titled 2005 Dodge Ram beside it. He parked where he did for a reason.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
5/20/19 8:10 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
5/20/19 8:18 p.m.
peabody said:

Last week went to grab some supper, pulled in and saw this 2005 Ford GT. When leaving we met the owner , nice guy who happens to be on the list for a 2019 GT. Out of respect, I didn't park my hail-damaged, salvage titled 2005 Dodge Ram beside it. He parked where he did for a reason.

Believe it or not, he probably needs that half a space on each side just to get in and out of the car.

I've hooned one around before and it's a bit of a squeeze getting in and out 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/19 8:25 p.m.
ShawnG said:
peabody said:

Believe it or not, he probably needs that half a space on each side just to get in and out of the car.

Oh, yeah. I remember the Top Gear episode where Clarkson could hardly get into it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/20/19 8:27 p.m.
ShawnG said:
peabody said:

I've had better luck in an NB miata 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/20/19 8:57 p.m.

In reply to peabody :

You're nicer than I am. I'll park right next to them. Passenger side to passenger side, as close as I can get. I won't hit their car in any way, but AT LEAST PARK IN THE DAMN LINES. 

Fine, Mister Expensive Car!  You don't think the rules of society apply to you? Now they don't! All or nothing- we'll share the space now. I'll take a picture, of our cars, too, just in case you try to pull some E36 M3 and say I hit you.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/20/19 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

I don't have time to be that damn petty. But you do you.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy HalfDork
5/20/19 10:07 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

The thing I’ve always wondered, is there actually a net gain from parking like that? Sure you may avoid an accidental door ding, but you have opened yourself up to those who would now do intentional harm. I’d wager that the odds of something bad happening to your car just went up. Just park at the far end of the lot, between the lines. No one will park next to you, they don’t want to walk. If they do- they probably have the same idea and your car is safe. “But what if the lot is crowded, and there are no safe spots?” You ask. Well, take up multiple spots in a crowded lot, and you are about guaranteed to have someone mess with your car. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
5/20/19 10:11 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck :

You're my hero

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
5/20/19 10:16 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

I have a giant lifted Bronco that crawls up mountains and drives over forests so no worries about door dings, paint scuffs, or putting a couple of wheels on a curb and jumping out the back to teach an entitled douchebag a lesson

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/20/19 10:19 p.m.
peabody said:

Parking job aside, that thing looks totally rad! I love the no stripes look, and the wheels look great too.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
5/20/19 10:19 p.m.

In reply to Boost_Crazy :

Couldn't have said it better myself 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/20/19 10:31 p.m.

I'm told that Justin Bieber is cool. 

This life size cut out of him decided to sit on my bike last week. 

j_tso
j_tso New Reader
5/21/19 7:56 a.m.
Boost_Crazy said:

Just park at the far end of the lot, between the lines. No one will park next to you, they don’t want to walk. If they do- they probably have the same idea and your car is safe. 

Even in my beater Accord I'll park way out just to exit the lot easier, but there's always someone who will park right next to me.  Herd mentality?

Beater at CoTA:

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
5/21/19 11:07 a.m.

Something cool?

Oh yes, that's definitely cool.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/21/19 1:33 p.m.

For those on the hate the gt for parking like a dick bandwagon, try and get in and out of one sometime. I'm 6" 275ish and it is all but impossible for me to do. The doors have this ridiculous upper overhang meaning you need to open the door ALL THE WAY to have a prayer, AMD the door sill is the biggest one I've seen this side of a c4 Corvette. To say it requires a bit of automagic gymnastics is an understatement. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/21/19 1:58 p.m.
dyintorace said:
peabody said:

Parking job aside, that thing looks totally rad! I love the no stripes look, and the wheels look great too.

Holy panel gaps Batman!  It almost looks like the engine cover is designed to have huge gaps in the way the hood on a Lexus LFA is actualy an air intake.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/21/19 2:56 p.m.

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/21/19 3:02 p.m.

How bout a tank?

Will
Will UltraDork
5/21/19 6:58 p.m.

Taken just yesterday.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8