1 ... 5 6 7 8
Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/15/19 8:29 p.m.

On the other side was something different but cool too:

Dig that snakeskin vinyl top and the original interior baby! That is an original owner car.

The theme of the show was "red white and blue". I think we nailed it.

Robbie
7/15/19 8:30 p.m.

And finally, got home and snagged this one.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/19 9:42 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

But which one is something cool?

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/16/19 9:55 a.m.

Saw this guy getting groceries the other day.  It was much more hot rod than the bucket I saw a few days prior with two massive turbos sticking out the sides.  This thing was just a bunch of random parts thrown together to make a car.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
7/16/19 9:57 a.m.

Here's my car parked next to something really cool (my wife) but if you don't like that, here's my other car parked beside something cool (a widebody MG Midget)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/19 9:58 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

Saw this guy getting groceries the other day.  It was much more hot rod than the bucket I saw a few days prior with two massive turbos sticking out the sides.  This thing was just a bunch of random parts thrown together to make a car.

This is so much cooler than the piles of shiny Summit parts you usually imagine as a "hot rod."

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/16/19 10:23 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Couldn't agree more.  This guy probably had less in this thing than the guy in the bucket had in his rear tires.  I didn't even take a pic of the bucket but I almost waited for the owner of this one to come out so I could talk to him about it.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/19 11:03 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Couldn't agree more.  This guy probably had less in this thing than the guy in the bucket had in his rear tires.  I didn't even take a pic of the bucket but I almost waited for the owner of this one to come out so I could talk to him about it.

You were at the Sparkle Market!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/16/19 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Winner winner pork dinner!  Pork tenderloins were 2.50/lb, restocked the freezer.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/19/19 4:35 p.m.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
7/27/19 11:44 a.m.

Well, I didn't exactly park next to it, and it definitely wasn't cool, but...

Out for a nice morning drive today in the ZL1 and come across this...

Guy went off the road and caught his rear wheel on the guardrail, ripping the axle off, and breaking the driveshaft. I stopped and went up to check on him and he was trying to drive away with the transmission sounding like a blender full of ball bearings. He was obviously E36 M3faced.

Called the cops and flagged traffic 'till they got there. Cop put him on a breath tester... well over double the limit at 0700 in the morning. Glad he didn't kill anyone, especially me.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/27/19 11:52 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Yikes.  Must have started early, ended late, or both.  

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile Reader
7/27/19 8:50 p.m.

Sweet 4x4 van. I don’t know why but lifted 4x4 vans intrigue me 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/27/19 10:42 p.m.

Niece demanded I go karting with her for her birthday.  
I'm not used to the Evo being undergunned in a parking lot.

(forgive the potato quality, my phone is ... struggling)

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/27/19 11:05 p.m.
loosecannon said:

Here's my car parked next to something really cool (my wife) but if you don't like that, here's my other car parked beside something cool (a widebody MG Midget)

I’m digging your Baja bug.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
8/7/19 10:34 p.m.
Cotton said:
loosecannon said:

I’m digging your Baja bug.

That hot wheels baja is WAAAAAY berking cool as e36 m3.  I mean, i want one BAD, as a baja and Ghia are the only 2 of the big 6 i havent had yet that i really want  (73 super, 72 beetle, 71 van, 73 square back) need to own a Ghia, Baja and a maybe a Kubelwagon (sp?) still

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/11/19 8:18 p.m.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
8/12/19 10:23 a.m.

Went to brunch and this thing is just casually parked in the middle of the lot.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
8/12/19 10:56 a.m.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
8/12/19 1:22 p.m.

Very cool thread. I have to dig though facebook to find some of the cool photos i have taken. Like a gas station with a 70s tbird and my 82 delta 88, the subby on the tail of the dragon, some of the older cars i have had. Some very cool pics on here.

Though the one with the hot wheels bug, needs a biniki for the wife in the pic. just kidding.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/19 1:29 p.m.

Am I cheating if I post a shot from yesterday of my car in grid?

Robbie
8/12/19 1:40 p.m.

Snagged this a week or two ago, didn't park directly next to it as I didn't want to block the picture! I parked "diagonally" from it instead.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
8/14/19 10:47 p.m.

Parked next to my Dad's 1963 Corvette near Woodward Avenue tonight.  Just got it on the road last week after years of work.  

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/17/19 2:29 p.m.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/17/19 3:05 p.m.

Challenge Miata in amongst cars ineligible for the Challenge...................Does that make them Challenge wannabees?

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4JIVaZkY5afyRbUa4EQ3VlkJjC81PY1snMiL0NUdMrXy4xy4ByJC8b7xOE5iiyXi