1 ... 6 7 8
Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/17/19 8:24 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

That’s a cool old Chevy.  How much were they asking?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/18/19 4:46 p.m.

I finally have a meaningful contribution to add to this thread:

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
8/19/19 7:22 a.m.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
8/19/19 7:56 a.m.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
8/19/19 8:27 a.m.

I parked one of my cool somethings next to this cool something at lunch last Friday. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/19/19 12:02 p.m.

Keith T and the Flyin' Miata boys put up an "entry" on their FB page:

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/19/19 3:00 p.m.
JohnInKansas said:

It seems wrong to only be able to give this one "thumbs up".

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/29/20 7:01 p.m.
ShawnG said:
Jay_W said:

Oh yeah, there was that time I parked in front of this ride at an exotics@rtc meet...

Did the owner say what it was because I'm a bit confused right now.

The body, hood ornament and steering wheel appear to be Cadillac. The hood sides look wrong for Cadillac but it could be a coachbuilt body.

The wheels are Buffalo wheels and are the center-lock style they used on Duesenbergs. These wheels were sold as aftermarket pieces as well. The wire wheels that Cadillacs came with were Buffalo wheels but they were bolt-on wheels.

I do have one Buffalo wheel lock in the pile at work with a Cadillac badge in it so they certainly were available.

The bumpers look very similar to Packard bumpers, they're not Cadillac or Duesenberg  J and I can't tell you what the tail light is from.

I'm quite curious...

Bringing this back up because the Cadillac is currently for sale: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cadillac/341b/2434730.html

The reason it looked odd to me is because it's a V8 and I've only worked on V16s from this era.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/20 7:45 p.m.

Some pictures of Gary The Jeep from our vacation last year:

With the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota 

The Jolly Green Giant

Staring down a chopper in Nebraska 

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
9/29/20 9:07 p.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit :

Is that Reading?  Do they still do the hill climb there?  I used to go there for the hill climb in the 70's.  I also went there for the night time activities..  LOL

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
9/29/20 11:46 p.m.
ShawnG said:
ShawnG said:
Jay_W said:

Oh yeah, there was that time I parked in front of this ride at an exotics@rtc meet...

Did the owner say what it was because I'm a bit confused right now.

The body, hood ornament and steering wheel appear to be Cadillac. The hood sides look wrong for Cadillac but it could be a coachbuilt body.

The wheels are Buffalo wheels and are the center-lock style they used on Duesenbergs. These wheels were sold as aftermarket pieces as well. The wire wheels that Cadillacs came with were Buffalo wheels but they were bolt-on wheels.

I do have one Buffalo wheel lock in the pile at work with a Cadillac badge in it so they certainly were available.

The bumpers look very similar to Packard bumpers, they're not Cadillac or Duesenberg  J and I can't tell you what the tail light is from.

I'm quite curious...

Bringing this back up because the Cadillac is currently for sale: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cadillac/341b/2434730.html

The reason it looked odd to me is because it's a V8 and I've only worked on V16s from this era.

Friggin well spotted! 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/30/20 12:15 a.m.

In reply to Jay_W :

I stumbled on the ad when I was looking for some Packard parts. I thought it looked familiar. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/30/20 4:20 a.m.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
9/30/20 6:41 a.m.

Not exactly the easiest thing to park 'next to'.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/30/20 9:14 a.m.

Here is an oldie from a few years ago parked next to my Boss's Lambo

Cooter (Back In Blank)
Cooter (Back In Blank) UberDork
9/30/20 10:18 a.m.

Oh look.   Another place for me to recycle my old photos.

(But I REALLY like this one from my roadtrip home from picking up Chico, the Street Eagle, so I hope you'll excuse the spam)

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
9/30/20 10:41 a.m.

me tryin to class the place up.  i think that one's a Silver Shadow?

highest point on the blue ridge parkway.  that particular day we were just above the clouds at that altitude.  it was otherworldly and i can't wait to go back.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
7/25/21 12:25 p.m.

Unfortunately, this photo is NOT mine.  The MG in this pic belongs to a friend of mine.  I have no idea how he managed to get this pic, but he did.  Allegedly, no photoshopping involved.  

May be an image of airplane and outdoors

Yes, I realize this is a zombie thread, but one of my all time favorite zombies, so I'm not even sorry. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
7/25/21 6:53 p.m.

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
7/28/21 3:53 p.m.

'Murica! Saw this on the side of the road in VT, Preach almost broke my neck slamming the brakes to stop for the pic.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/28/21 5:29 p.m.

Good small town Chinese count? 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/21 6:55 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Some pictures of Gary The Jeep from our vacation last year:

With the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota 

The Jolly Green Giant

Staring down a chopper in Nebraska 

I've been to those places!  Somewhere I have a picture of my dog with the twine.  It looks like they enclosed it.  Were they having vandalism issues?  I remember you were allowed to add to it, but that was back in 2000.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/28/21 6:58 p.m.
Cotton said:
OHSCrifle said:

That’s a cool old Chevy.  How much were they asking?

22 month delay. I remember looking but don't think they listed a price. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/28/21 10:00 p.m.

So is the Challenge Morris next to something cool, or is the ES Miata next to something cool? 

"Why not both?"

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FGfe27sIAENvaWlYtYpe5BrbFwgZUBMIXRGHBH4EdLmBgDGo5fdp2DG8I7QipeFq