Matt_Smith New Reader
7/14/11 8:33 a.m.

I trust all of you to make this good.

Per "The Stig" Schroeder's Profile

Add your, "some say..." to his profile :P

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/14/11 8:45 a.m.

This is going to get confusing—at least for my son, who is the real Stig Schroeder.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/14/11 8:51 a.m.

BTW, is your last name pronouced Shrader, like Dorsey, or Shroder, like that guy on Charlie Brown.

Per Schroeder
7/14/11 8:55 a.m.

Good grief.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
7/14/11 9:13 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: BTW, is your last name pronouced Shrader, like Dorsey, or Shroder, like that guy on Charlie Brown.

My college roomate, the unfortunately late Don Schroeder of C/D fame, pronounced it "Shrader".

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/11 9:26 a.m.

That's the part of his name that you were wondering about?!

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/14/11 10:03 a.m.

Some say he teaches stoppies on his Big Wheel, while others believe he sleeps in a tool chest.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/14/11 10:32 a.m.
Duke wrote:
bravenrace wrote: BTW, is your last name pronouced Shrader, like Dorsey, or Shroder, like that guy on Charlie Brown.
My college roomate, the unfortunately late Don Schroeder of C/D fame, pronounced it "Shrader".

Seriously? He was your roomate? Man, I liked that guys writing and was really sad to hear he had that accident. At least he was doing something he loved (yeah, I know, small consolation).

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/14/11 10:33 a.m.
Woody wrote: *That's* the part of his name that you were wondering about?!

Well that was a good point.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/11 10:36 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Some say he teaches stoppies on his Big Wheel, while others believe he sleeps in a tool chest.

He watches other children play with Legos, while he changes a timing belt.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/14/11 10:37 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Some say he teaches stoppies on his Big Wheel, while others believe he sleeps in a tool chest.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I invented the big wheel. Here's how it happened:

Back in the early 60's while laying back down on our concrete drive, It occurred to me that my tricycle had a somewhat high CG, which gave it a tendancy to roll over in turns while I was riding it. I didn't like this.

A few years went by until one day when I noticed that my neighbor's little boy was going through the same thing. Then I had an idea.

I took the forks, handle bars and seat off. I flipped the frame over and re-installed the removed parts, thus making a low CG trycycle. I ended up doing a number of these conversions for neighbor's kids, as everybody loved it!

At some point later a company came out with a cheap plastic version of my creation and put me out of business. The big guys always win.....

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
7/14/11 1:05 p.m.

Some say he invented the big wheel, others say....

Sorry, wrong profile.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/14/11 1:56 p.m.

Wrong profile? I don't get it.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
7/14/11 2:01 p.m.

we were supposed to be describing Per,see, but instead, based on your post, I wrote a line describing you, so.....

Ahhhh forget it. It really wasn't that funny anyway.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
7/14/11 2:26 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Duke wrote: My college roomate, the unfortunately late Don Schroeder of C/D fame, pronounced it "Shrader".
Seriously? He was your roomate? Man, I liked that guys writing and was really sad to hear he had that accident. At least he was doing something he loved (yeah, I know, small consolation).

Yeah, he was a good guy. He had an old slant six Satellite when I knew him, them graduated to a Colt Turbo. We kept in nonfrequent touch and I was really sad to hear he was killed.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/11 9:33 p.m.

Some say he breastfed on E85, others say he spends his weekend drifting a Cozy Coupe... all we know is... his Dad's getting really tired of these!

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Reader
7/14/11 10:23 p.m.

Some say he chews bubble gum while kicking ass.

Per Schroeder
7/15/11 6:33 a.m.

Nah, it's all fun. This was the first thread I checked this morning. I mean, after JG's parrot-LARPing thread over on a WoW board.

John Brown wrote: Some say he breastfed on E85, others say he spends his weekend drifting a Cozy Coupe... all we know is... his Dad's getting really tired of these!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UOfIVtLRcAeLTDQLtal5diMAus3NPzFX5M0in4vId8yO0evC2kPfZM5CukAN3t7u