RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/25/18 4:26 p.m.

Anyone else watching this on Netflix? The second season just launched this week. 

I really got into the first season covering star wars toys, Barbie, Heman, and GI Joe.

The new season, so far is star trek and transformers, haven't checked to see the other episodes. 

I think it's pretty good, they talk to a lot of the old designers and executives about what worked and what didn't, and have a bunch of the old ads in the shows. 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
5/25/18 5:10 p.m.

No Hot Wheels?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/25/18 5:14 p.m.

If you've seen the He-Man episode..."BoOoOnNgG!"

Also, in the Barbie and He-Man episodes, did you notice what's going on in the chair behind the Mattel CEO. WTF?

​​​​

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/25/18 5:22 p.m.

I did see that, maybe Mattel has an adult line?

The other episodes in season 2 are Lego and hello kitty. So no hot wheels, matchbox, or micro machines, yet, hopefully in the next season. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/25/18 5:52 p.m.

I didn't know there was a a season 2 yet. Will watch on my next day off. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
5/27/18 1:33 p.m.

I added it back to my list earlier when I heard #2 was coming out.  The Star Wars lead-off got me hooked.  I watched the others even if they weren't my "thing" because I appreciate all forms of geekery and I love origin stories and behind-the-scenes of how things came to be.

Color me shocked that Hot Wheels wasn't in season 2.  I REALLY thought that would rate higher than Hello Kitty...but I'll still watch the whole damn thing.  (Also being from Cincy it was pretty cool seeing the Kenner story, I know someone that worked on the original line, and need to go back down to find that giant mural.)

You could say I'm a fan..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a2AJBHGjMmLxh2Yd4WqBMmiGlWitbHCh5vyaqRJ1Vvo00PoUbSsy12og1ccjE1tb