1 ... 8 9 10 11
failboat
failboat UltraDork
7/6/14 6:27 a.m.

Ted was pretty bad, saw it yesterday. Probably not the worst ive seen but I guess im not surprised. Seth MacFarlane again.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/6/14 7:06 a.m.

Ted was drek but it did have its moments. Paul was much funnier and better made IMHO.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/6/14 1:05 p.m.

There is no way-no WAY the both didn't giggle at the Flash Gordon part. No way.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/6/14 1:12 p.m.
racerfink wrote: End of thread.

Hah! My friend Rick Bye was one of the stunt drivers in that turd. And the girl - Estelle Warren, used to come into the restaurant where I worked when she was just a wee little kid with her dad, Don.

Silverbrick27
Silverbrick27 New Reader
7/6/14 4:31 p.m.

I like Super hero movies but Green Lantern was awful.

I was disappointed with Ironman 3. The first two Ironman movies were awesome and the Avengers was awesome (Ive watched that 4 times lol). But Ironman 3 was a disappointment to me.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/6/14 6:15 p.m.

Agreed, I thought it was really boring.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
7/7/14 10:55 a.m.

IM3 was weak, but thor 2 was the worst mix of boring and wasted story potential. Winter Soldier was ok but it was the only one to feel connected to Avengers/SHIELD, so that helped it stand out over the other 2.

Silverbrick27
Silverbrick27 New Reader
7/7/14 12:44 p.m.

In reply to neon4891:

Captian america winter soldier was awesome. I didnt care for either thor movies but i was never into the thor movies or comics

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/7/14 1:36 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: In reply to Appleseed: Yes, that I can understand. A guy getting sucked out of a hole the size of my fist because of a ~5psi differential... Come on... Even if it were outside the atmosphere, it's 15psi, slap your checklist clipboard over the hole while you think of something better to use.

I guess you didn't watch Goldfinger?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/7/14 1:38 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Shut your whore mouth. I loved that movie!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/7/14 2:47 p.m.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
7/7/14 3:19 p.m.
bgkast wrote:

I quote that movie almost every day.

Excuse me miss lady...

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/7/14 4:14 p.m.

It's the berkeleying Catalina Wine Mixer!

ryanty22
ryanty22 Dork
7/7/14 4:50 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
bgkast wrote:
I quote that movie almost every day. Excuse me miss lady...

I thought this was the funniest Will Ferrell movie. and suprised by the hate Im receiving for not like Killer Clowns From Outer Space

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/7/14 8:34 p.m.

I WANTED HULK HANDS!

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
7/7/14 8:50 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote: I thought this was the funniest Will Ferrell movie.

Which kind of makes it like the best-tasting poison.

carbon
carbon HalfDork
7/7/14 8:51 p.m.
Silverbrick27 wrote: I like Super hero movies but Green Lantern was awful. I've heard people say that it was bad, but green lantern was really true to the books, I'm not a huge Ryan Reynolds fan but I thought it was very well done.
aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/7/14 9:11 p.m.
Duke wrote:
ryanty22 wrote: I thought this was the funniest Will Ferrell movie.
Which kind of makes it like the best-tasting poison.

You probably should see this:

Actually a rather good Will Ferrell movie. And no, he doesn't act like an idiot in it.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
7/7/14 9:46 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Is it supposed to be funny? If not, it's probably good. I find Will Ferrell much more tolerable when he's not trying to be funny. I really enjoyed Everything Must Go, and probably 90% of the screen time is him. I just hate his idea of "comedy".

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/7/14 9:57 p.m.

No, he's more of a hapless looser in the movie. Definitely does not play the "goofy" roll in this one. Probably his best movie.

I will have to look out for Everything Must Go, sounds like a similar character.

It does seem like some comedy actors can perform some pretty good dramatic rolls. E.g. Funny People (Sandler!), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Carrey), Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls (whoda thunk!).

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/8/14 5:50 p.m.
aircooled wrote: It does seem like some comedy actors can perform some pretty good dramatic rolls. E.g. Funny People (Sandler!), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Carrey), Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls (whoda thunk!).

I didn't mind Sandler in the Longest Yard remake either. I remember seeing another movie where Carrey didn't make me want to scratch my eyeballs out... It's frustrating in an odd way...

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non HalfDork
7/8/14 6:30 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
aircooled wrote: It does seem like some comedy actors can perform some pretty good dramatic rolls. E.g. Funny People (Sandler!), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Carrey), Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls (whoda thunk!).
I didn't mind Sandler in the Longest Yard remake either. I remember seeing another movie where Carrey didn't make me want to scratch my eyeballs out... It's frustrating in an odd way...

Was it the Truman Show?

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/8/14 6:32 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non:

Yep. That was it. Not looking to watch it dozens of times, but I it was decent.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
7/8/14 10:52 p.m.

I just saw this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_in_Venice

well, sort of. I fell asleep during it. That's not a ringing endorsement for a horror flick

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
7/9/14 7:39 a.m.
Duke wrote: I find Will Ferrell much more tolerable when he's not trying to be funny. I just hate his idea of "comedy".

You and I are definitely in agreement here.

1 ... 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2hqDhlMOmh9HyoUHTRp4FjnY7LThOtNveUcJxrNC2MaRi9PjMXdpjmQUEtsw2WOY