1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
Duke
Duke UltimaDork
7/1/14 2:25 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
Duke wrote: Christian Slater serves as the anti-establishment 'bad boy' who leads a bunch of innocent whitebread suburban-normal sheep into a world of debauchery, rebellion, and murder.
I don't see how that has anything to do with Nothing but Trouble. Honestly. Heathers and Nothing but Trouble have basically nothing in common.

Uh, OK. Isn't Nothing But Trouble where Christian Slater convinces a bunch of whitebread suburban idiots to go on a hookers-and-blow bachelor binge, they end up killing one of the hookers, and it spirals out of control from there? More killings, more stupid attempts to hide them, etc.

KatieSuddard
KatieSuddard DaughterDork
7/1/14 2:52 p.m.

For me it's a toss up between Troll 2 and Corpse Grinders II. Troll 2 isn't even about trolls and it's not a sequel, they just named it that because Troll had been really popular and they hoped people would see it thinking it was the sequel. It's about goblins who turn people into chlorophyll and then eat them. Corpse Grinders II was about cat people making humans into cat food? I don't really know, I fell asleep.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
7/1/14 3:16 p.m.

Killer Clowns from Outer Space

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
7/1/14 3:30 p.m.

But it was so damn funny

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
7/1/14 3:35 p.m.
Duke wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Duke wrote: Christian Slater serves as the anti-establishment 'bad boy' who leads a bunch of innocent whitebread suburban-normal sheep into a world of debauchery, rebellion, and murder.
I don't see how that has anything to do with Nothing but Trouble. Honestly. Heathers and Nothing but Trouble have basically nothing in common.
Uh, OK. Isn't *Nothing But Trouble* where Christian Slater convinces a bunch of whitebread suburban idiots to go on a hookers-and-blow bachelor binge, they end up killing one of the hookers, and it spirals out of control from there? More killings, more stupid attempts to hide them, etc.

That was Very Bad Things

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
7/1/14 3:36 p.m.
Duke wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Uh, OK. Isn't *Nothing But Trouble* where Christian Slater convinces a bunch of whitebread suburban idiots to go on a hookers-and-blow bachelor binge, they end up killing one of the hookers, and it spirals out of control from there? More killings, more stupid attempts to hide them, etc.

Nope, Nothing But Trouble had Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase in it. You're thinking of Very Bad Things which was indeed a terrible movie.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
7/1/14 3:37 p.m.

Jinx you owe me a Coke.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
7/1/14 3:41 p.m.
dculberson wrote: You're thinking of Very Bad Things which was indeed a terrible movie.

It certainly was.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/1/14 4:01 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Killer Clowns from Outer Space

I give that one a pass for having a ridiculously catchy theme song.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
7/1/14 4:34 p.m.

Humble apologies. Glad to find out we're all on the same page, then.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
7/1/14 5:09 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Killer Clowns from Outer Space

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/1/14 8:04 p.m.
Duke wrote: Humble apologies. Glad to find out we're all on the same page, then.

Yes, Very Bad Things was my pick a few pages ago. Fortunately, I've managed to forget most of it.

That_Renault_Guy
That_Renault_Guy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/2/14 8:36 p.m.

Not sure if made for TV is allowed, but I dare you to look up the Star Wars Holiday special on YouTube and sit through more than ten minutes of it ....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/3/14 12:12 p.m.

15 minutes of un-subtitled Wookie, "Wrarrghagghrgh?" No thanks.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/3/14 1:04 p.m.

Anyone ever see the Wierd Al video for "White and Nerdy" where he buys the video, in a paper bag, in an alley?

Classic

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
7/3/14 9:21 p.m.

A movie has to be really bad for me not to finish it. I always figure it might get better. This movie I didn't get 20 minutes into it before I turned it off.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry HalfDork
7/4/14 8:02 a.m.

Howard the Duck.

carbon
carbon HalfDork
7/4/14 2:51 p.m.

crystal skull was berking terrible but not as bad as driven, somebody should have been imprisoned for that e36m3.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
7/5/14 11:48 a.m.
carbon wrote: crystal skull was berking terrible but not as bad as driven, somebody should have been imprisoned for that e36m3.

Driven wasn't even half as bad as Redline.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/5/14 12:45 p.m.

Drive.

Everyone kept raving about how good it was.

Ryan Gosling not acting and not talking his way through a terrible movie. Brilliant.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/14 6:20 p.m.

OK I got a copy of A Million Ways to Die in the West. It uh...fell off the back of a cyber-truck.

I can't believe Seth Macfarlane is capable of such abysmal failure. Tonight I'll find out.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
7/5/14 6:36 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Drive. Everyone kept raving about how good it was. Ryan Gosling not acting and not talking his way through a terrible movie. Brilliant.

I liked it, but it really was advertised poorly. They advertised it as if it was an action film instead of a drama. Plus, I think the initial police chase scene was shear brilliance.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/14 10:43 p.m.

Hahaha AMWTDITW is hilarious. I would have had no regrets if I paid to watch that at the theater.

Yeah it's loaded with foul language and nasty jokes. Not a whole lot of poop jokes, but some. The sheep dick scenes are so brief that if you glanced down at your popcorn you could miss them. Jokes are cracked at Christianity a few times.

But if the fact that this is a Seth Macfarlane movie didn't tip you off to that, the R rating should have helped. There are some scenes that are gut-bustingly funny.

I really can't imagine people walking out of the theater at this movie, unless they are very easily offended and had no idea what they were in for.

If you watch it at the theater, don't bother waiting for the after-credits scene, it's 3 seconds long and only worth half a chuckle.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/6/14 12:04 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote:
Trans_Maro wrote: Drive. Everyone kept raving about how good it was. Ryan Gosling not acting and not talking his way through a terrible movie. Brilliant.
I liked it, but it really was advertised poorly. They advertised it as if it was an action film instead of a drama. Plus, I think the initial police chase scene was shear brilliance.

Yes, Drive is clearly not an action film. It's really more of a homage to the old 70 style films (which were pretty slow).

If you want the winner for the most mis-promoted film, that would be The Decedents. Basically advertised as a comedy... uhm yeah, a film about a guy dealing with having to let his wife die, with some infidelity mixed in... yeah. It's actually a very interesting movie from the perspective of the "Island Social / Racial Politics" of Hawaii, and certainly a sad drama, but comedy... NO.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
7/6/14 12:27 a.m.

In reply to That_Renault_Guy:

Holiday special with rifftrax is hilarious.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o1rB8pBa8Vqs5GM6WwXI7xqSf4opXoaPH9y0XpvYO4ICdqWD0L6sxiW7eXZIk7Jp