1 2
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/31/16 9:04 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

You've known me long enough to know that I believe anything written on zerohedge is one step above soft core.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/16 9:08 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Well, Iggy, certain groups are trying to screw up certain other groups with old prejudices, like the Cold War. An interesting read from a leftist rag.

More specifically their evil, diabolical plot is to selectively tell Americans secret truths about one of their political parties for Russia's benefit. But in a very general sense the caption is correct.

It's true that, as the Rolling Stone article points out, this brings the problem of the Argument from Secret Intelligence back to the forefront: You have to either categorically treat such arguments as fallacious, or treat the intelligence apparatus as a pantheon of omniscient gods trusted with truths not meant for us mere mortals.

So let's say we treat all Arguments from Secret Intelligence as fallacious. We must assume that the source of the hacks is untraceable. Look at the circumstantial evidence that's publicly visible: Russia's government statements, news from their state-run agency, interviews with their operatives. It all points to Russian interference. If it's a 400lb man in New Jersey and Russia merely took full advantage of it, how much better is that?

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
12/31/16 9:13 a.m.

The following is my observation of the current Obama/Putin Show:

Honestly, what we have here is nothing more than the election losers (and I don't just mean the presidential election, they lost elections EVERYWHERE) being sore losers and just being dicks by attempting to make things as bad as possible for the peeps that won. Trump IS American and smart, and Putin isn't stupid. They both know perfectly well what is going on with the trouble makers here and are both just counting down the days until the loudmouthed faction of the losers are out of power and influence. Neither Trump nor Putin are taking the BS coming out of The Whitehouse seriously, beyond posturing for the cameras. EVERYBODY TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND RELAX.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/31/16 9:25 a.m.

In reply to WildScotsRacing:

So awesome to see our leaders side with s foreign government over our own people.

Yay America.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
12/31/16 9:26 a.m.

And, its patio time, boys.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/31/16 9:30 a.m.

Yeah, it's time. HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
68LLebbBXQ5I2oaKeYgkDvIsqqWbHtLhoUzht8RmI1XUPwL2eVbrTOxddEDqbb1g